bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

how many times

[Post New]by bella_01 on Feb 28, 15 6:01 AM
How many times do we all have to hit the "red" button before something can be done ??????

Seems like all the mod's are still asleep. Maybe they need a .

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Re:how many times

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 28, 15 6:09 AM
bella, in my opinion to hit the red ! just encourages the spammers as it will be shown on their PC as success. After we did hit the ! to help the mods spam increased to now approx. 17-18 pages.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Feb 28, 15 6:11 AM
gamespeiler I know it seems to be getting worse all the time. I think from now on I'll follow your advise. Its a shame we have to put up with this.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 6:17 AM
Actually, Bella, the mods are probably still asleep . Your message was time stamped 6 am BF time, and the spam was posted from 10 pm last night to 5 am this morning. Until they decide if it's worth having somebody on the payroll 24/7, we'll have to put up with this.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Feb 28, 15 6:30 AM
Rosiebvt,
I see your point also, maybe they need to have mods in other time zones or change the way posting is done. Put some sort of safe guard in, but the spammers would probably find a way around that too.

There was a mod on duty when this all started. But maybe they just posted real quick and left or maybe it's a automatic post when new games are released in the morning.

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 6:37:58 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 6:50 AM
As of about 6:40 am, bfgLianorm is on cleanup duty. Thanks

BTW, I just noticed a few of the latest - one for "eyesland" and one for "farans". I'm guessing it was Iceland and France they were aiming at, but their voice recognition software doesn't work that well with an Indian accent .

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 6:54:31 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Feb 28, 15 6:55 AM
Morning Everyone,

Thank you for bringing the spam to our attention. Spam is definitely unsightly and clogs up the forums. As it has been mentioned in other threads that discuss spam, removing these spam posts is a manual process for the moderators due to a limitation of our system right now.

Please keep in mind we are all based in Seattle, so we're unable to catch and remove spam as it generally seems to be posted overnight when we aren't in the office. We are trying to formulate the best way to ride the Forums of those posts, but as some of you may have noticed, they are being automatically generated by professional spammers. This recent influx does appear to have been mass-generated, and you might see how it would take a considerable amount of time to locate and delete each and every one of those posts. All of the moderators know the frustration this has caused and the time it takes away from interacting with other players.

We continue to request that threads about spam not be created in the forums due to not being game related or constructive. Therefore, threads discussing spam will continue to be locked. This will help the moderators focus on removing the spam in a more timely manner. We really do appreciate your patience and cooperation.

In the future, if you see a spam post, please report it by clicking the red "!" at the top right corner of the post or by contacting one of the Mods via PM.

Since this issue has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

bfgLianorm

Go to: