judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Alas, my sound issues with games is actually my computer..........

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 28, 15 2:51 PM
I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago - it is a Lenovo "Think Centre" - it is classified as a "business" computer (because we run a business out of our house & have a network for 3 computers) - my other biggie PC crapped out (the hard drive failed & I'm still waiting - 2 months - for data recovery) which is why i bought a new system. Because this is classed as a "business" computer it does NOT come with internal computer speakers.

I bought a set of external speakers - my problem is if I "window" the game and minimize on my desktop, and then go back to the game, I lose the sound. I have to exit the game and then re-open in order to get the sound back.

I don't think this is a game glitch as it's happened with several games & only on this computer. I think it's a computer/external speaker glitch. It runs Windows 7 (as that is the operating system of choice here where I live particularly for business PCs).

Guess I'll have to start doing my games on my trusty old laptop running windows 7 !! But I sure do like the big 23" screen.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

Re:Alas, my sound issues with games is actually my computer..........

[Post New]by metmichallica on Feb 28, 15 8:56 PM
When we got this computer in 2011 which is a Gateway we used the same monitor with speakers inside of the monitor that we got with the old computer. The monitor turned out to be better than the HP computer, but the HP monitor would not play sound on the computer. Then about a year and a half later of no sound on the computer my mom bought me a pair of speakers which we used for a while till our monitor died. Then my brother got me a new monitor with speakers built right in which work fine although the volume is pretty low even on the highest setting.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Alas, my sound issues with games is actually my computer..........

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 1, 15 4:47 PM
metmichallica wrote:When we got this computer in 2011 which is a Gateway we used the same monitor with speakers inside of the monitor that we got with the old computer. The monitor turned out to be better than the HP computer, but the HP monitor would not play sound on the computer. Then about a year and a half later of no sound on the computer my mom bought me a pair of speakers which we used for a while till our monitor died. Then my brother got me a new monitor with speakers built right in which work fine although the volume is pretty low even on the highest setting.

when I eventually get my other computer back (the one that the hard drive failed) - I may keep that one for playing my games as I never had a problem with sound on that one (a 23" all-in-one). computers are wonderful until you start running into problems (sigh)

Go to: