Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 1, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 03/01/2015 at 6:50:45 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 1, 15 6:51 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by SierraKitten on Mar 1, 15 8:59 AM
Okay, this is ridiculous, I went ahead and bought this version with a code and it's doing the same thing as the CE. All I'm getting is a black screen and the cursor. Why is this happening? I'm running Windows 7 BTW.

[Post New]by tqkgbs on Mar 1, 15 9:57 AM
Was really enjoying the game. Made the funnel and filled the car radiator with water.
It kept saying it needed water, help would not respond so that's as far as I could get.

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Mar 1, 15 10:13 AM
Hi, tqkqbs - I am having the same problem. Anyone got any suggestions?

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 10:38 AM
I am having the same problem with finishing the car.

Well I was able to find a video walk through (for the Collectors Edition not SE) on Y Tube. Apparently the bucket of water needs to be added twice, after the first time you fill it, next fix the leaky hose. After this the bucket of water is suppose to be back in your inventory and you fill it again. But my bucket of water is not in my inventory. Any thoughts?

ETA: I'm un/reinstalling right now, will let you know if any change.

Edited on 03/01/2015 at 2:24:12 PM PST

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 11:37 AM
Update on car problems:
Well I un/reinstalled the game: No change the bucket of water did not go back into my inventory.
I took out my saved game profile, started from the beginning just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I got to the car, did the wires, made the funnel, filled the funnel, taped the hose....and the bucket of water is not in my inventory.
GLITCH!

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Mar 1, 15 2:15 PM
Same thing. Get to the car to add water and it just won't work! I'm using Windows 8.1,
I think if others are having the same problem it must be a Glitch, not buying!

[Post New]by BMILLS1948 on Mar 1, 15 2:28 PM
I am having the same issue with the water bucket not going back into my inventory after I emptied it the 1st time. I also still have a bent nail in my inventory and don't know where it goes. Windows 7

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 2:58 PM
BMILLS1948 wrote:I am having the same issue with the water bucket not going back into my inventory after I emptied it the 1st time. I also still have a bent nail in my inventory and don't know where it goes. Windows 7

I too have the bent nail in inventory.
Forgot to add playing on Windows

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 1, 15 3:08 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:
Radgame wrote:-------------

Did you get to the point of fixing the radiator in the car?--------------Would you be so kind as to repost this in the Tech thread so we can discuss this further. Don't want to keep mudding the waters on this thread T/U

Playing on Win 7 HP 64-bit.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
- To fix car: Add wire from inventory, fix their order > bandage hose > add funnel > add water once. Radiator cap will screw on automatically and car revs up.
- Once car moves, click on it to move to Rivendale (Chapter 2). Map shows no task at this point. Hint will also not work.
- More tasks & puzzles follow.
- Bent nail is the final item left in inventory. Use for the window latch (next to main door) after the barrel moves beneath it.
- Enter house & demo ends.
----------------------------------------------------------
ETA:
- Possible spoilers + more details to help (hopefully!)
- @HoosierAmy, you're welcome! LOL: I didn't even notice the instructions, just did what I thought would work and got lucky, I guess.

Edited on 03/02/2015 at 11:43:17 AM PST

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 3:22 PM
~Radgame, thank you so much for posting your Success in completing the radiator. Could you possibly think of a reason that this problem is occurring in so many fishies games? I've played hundreds of bfg games and never have I had this happen. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Edited on 03/01/2015 at 3:23:36 PM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 1, 15 4:07 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:-----Could you possibly think of a reason that this problem is occurring in so many fishies games?-----

When I first tried to add the water, it said "it might help to fix the hose" or something like it. So, in my case, it wouldn't even let me add the water twice. Then, I noticed that the bucket and funnel showed up on top of and not next to each other in the inventory. But, no glitch followed.

This is only reason and point I can think of as to where/ why the tech issue starts. Sorry to not be able to help more......am not an avid gamer or a techie.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 4:13 PM
Radgame wrote:
HoosierAmy wrote:-----Could you possibly think of a reason that this problem is occurring in so many fishies games?-----

When I first tried to add the water, it said "it might help to fix the hose" or something like it. So, in my case, it wouldn't even let me add the water twice. Then, I noticed that the bucket and funnel showed up on top of and not next to each other in the inventory. But, no glitch followed.

This is only reason and point I can think of as to where/ why the tech issue starts. Sorry to not be able to help more......am not an avid gamer or a techie.

Thank you dear Radgame, I'm currently un/reinstalling again to reset my game to new. I will do what your game suggested and will post back with my results. Will do your order of, spark plug wires, hose then funnel/water for radiator. Thank you again for your insight.

renecharb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by renecharb on Mar 1, 15 5:05 PM
hint button was working fine. now, all it does it make noise and does not give direction. help?

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 5:10 PM
renecharb wrote:hint button was working fine. now, all it does it make noise and does not give direction. help?

Mine did that when it didn't have anything to tell me hth

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 5:18 PM
Update on radiator fix: A big thank you to dear fishie Radgame
The game tells you when you click on the engine to: Start the car to repair the engine, attach the wires then fix the radiator valve, the repair manual has detailed instructions ( which we can't read, to small) But after completily uninstalling and reinstalling (don't forget the save game files) I redid the game as per dear Radgame's information to do the order different from the instructions. I placed the sparkplug wires, THEN did the repair on the hose with the tape. THEN placed the completed funnel and filled with water....COMPLETE!!!!!!! Kudo's Radgame, for solving this mystery to me, hope this helps fellow fishies

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 5:28 PM
These are the instructions to SAVE your game files, but the same paths apply to finding your Saved Game files, which you need to delete to restart the game from the beginning. Where it tells you to save to a safe location, just delete it.

To start this game NEW, just delete these files. Delete the game ( it is in a seperate location form these). And follow dear Radgames instructions to complete the car.

For this game substitute Artagon for Dark Manor

How to Access the Application Data Folder in Windows XP 1. Click on the "Start" button, then open my computer (Local C: drive) 2. Click on tools, then folder options, then click on view 3. Look for the option show hidden files and folders, check the option 4. Click on apply and ok, (all the folder will be shown.) 5. Click on Documents and Settings Folder, then Owner Folder 6. Look for Application Data Folder and Click on it. 7. Look for the dark manor folder How to Access the Application Data Folder in Vista 1. Click on the "Start" button, then open "Control Panel." 2. Click on "Folder Options," then navigate to the "View" tab. 3. Click "Show hidden files and folders," then click "Hide protected operating system files." Click "OK." 4. Click on the "Start" button, and open "Computer." Then click on "Local Disk (C: Drive then "Users," and then the folder with your user name. The Application Data folder will be there. How to Access Application Data in Windows 7 1. Click the "Start" button. Type "Windows Explorer" and press "Enter." 2. Press "ALT" and "T," to open the "Tools" menu. Now, click "Options." 3. Click "View," then select the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" option. 4 .Click "OK," then click "Start." Click on your username. 5. Open the "AppData" folder from the Windows Explorer window that appears. How to Access Application Data in Windows 8 1. Click on the "File Explorer" button. 2. Click on Windows8_OS in the list on the left. 3. In the search box in the upper right type in dark manor 4. When the file appears right click on it and select "Open file location" 1. Find the folder called dark manor 2. Right click on the dark manor folder 3. Click on the copy option 4. Go to the location where you plan to put the file 5. Right click and click paste** A way to find your Application Data folder in almost all versions of Windows is to open a Command Prompt window. (It may not be installed on your computer, but if it is, it will probably be under "Programs / Accessories" in your program list.) Then

Edited on 03/01/2015 at 5:31:44 PM PST

renecharb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by renecharb on Mar 1, 15 5:44 PM
hint button does not give direction, just makes noise. someone said, it doesn't have anywhere to go. also, still have bent nail. went on map, does not show where i can go to next location. all it shows is where i have been and finished windows 7. was going to purchase game, but not now and my trial is over.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 1, 15 5:53 PM
renecharb wrote:hint button does not give direction, just makes noise. someone said, it doesn't have anywhere to go. also, still have bent nail. went on map, does not show where i can go to next location. all it shows is where i have been and finished windows 7. was going to purchase game, but not now and my trial is over.

Was the last thing you did was the car? Completing it is the key I'm thinking. Please let us know if you got the car started. As what you are describing is exactly what happened to me.

Go to: