Boring, boring, boring

[Post New]by GoldDuctWoman on Jun 4, 09 7:10 AM
I found this game boring, if you like finding the same items on the same locations 25 times, then go for it. The end is not worth playing the game. Very disappointed.

Re:Boring, boring, boring

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Jun 4, 09 7:20 AM
I love this game....Am already anxious for the next one to come out...

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

Boring, boring, boring

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 4, 09 8:17 AM
GoldDuctWoman wrote:I found this game boring, if you like finding the same items on the same locations 25 times, then go for it. The end is not worth playing the game. Very disappointed.

I'm with you on this one. I never finished it because it was boring. There is just to much repetition. When I play a **** game I want alot of different locations with new items to find. The same ones bore me. Righteous Kill 2 is the same way. I didnt like that game either.

florianna98
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by florianna98 on Jun 7, 09 8:17 AM
I agree. After you find all 50 locks, there is no more fun to it. Just more of the same, only easier. I'm on level 21 and I'm not sure I'm going to bother with the rest.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 8, 09 10:18 AM
I've just finished level 22, and whilst I find this game a cure for insomnia, I will persevere. I only hope the ending's worth it, that's all.

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Jun 15, 09 9:03 PM
I agree, a dull game. Searching for the locks was good, but after that....no more excitement.

Any recommendations for a better HOG or large file adventure game? I loved Syberia and enjoyed Dream Chronicles. Other suggestions?

Thanks fishies!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 16, 09 6:12 AM
Have you played Return to Ravenhurst? It's the longest, hardest best HOG on the planet! BFG are doing a special offer on it at the moment too.

Kristifun
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

Boring, boring, boring

[Post New]by Kristifun on Jul 29, 09 4:41 AM
GoldDuctWoman wrote:I found this game boring, if you like finding the same items on the same locations 25 times, then go for it. The end is not worth playing the game. Very disappointed.

I totally agree with you. It's an usual HOG,a boring one.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Boring, boring, boring

[Post New]by lexi4 on Nov 28, 09 12:06 PM

I couldn't agree more. A total waste of money and time.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 4, 10 8:51 PM
It's a good introduction to Hidden Object games.It was for me.But i went into a coma by the end of it.The most fun for me was finding the locks and starting the boat.Other than that,a 5 year old could do this game.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Nov 28, 10 2:49 PM
Glad i am not the only one who is bored. I love HOG and i am used to games where you explore other physical locations and there is alot of intereactive gameplay.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 12, 10 9:42 AM
I finally escaped after falling into a deep coma of boredom! Actually this game is great for when I can't fall asleep I just pull this game up and it puts me right out. The thing I don't get is why being able to find all the objects in all the scenes is a REWARD??? LOL! That's even more boring than the actual game was, LOL!

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jan 16, 11 1:32 PM
Beyond boring: I learned my lesson with this game to delete the really bad free trial games from my game manager right away. I had played the trial so long ago, that I forgot how bad this game was and so I wasted an earned game credit. I wish BFG would let you repeat a trial some way, because they do not refund for games you simply do not like.

[Post New]by lilfarmtruck on Apr 17, 11 7:20 PM
I too, sadly, say this game is boring. But.....With that said....If you are just starting out...this game is a great 'get yer feet wet' type of game. If you are a true beginner, this game will prove invaluable. Also try the next in line.."Escape Whisper Valley"....same basic HOG gameplay. Very simple, straightforward HOG.

I loved these games when I was new and just exploring HOG gameplay. Do yourself a favor and buy them, If you are a NEWBIE to pc HOG games. I cant think of a better game to learn on. If you think you like HOGs but are unsure of what you can handle....try these...then when you hone yer skills....come back for much more difficult and demanding HOGs.

Liz

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 3:47 PM
This game is tedious, I had to make myself finish it... more like a chore than fun gameplay.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 21, 11 3:23 PM
I found this boring too, and the puzzles were unimaginative. Stopped soon into the demo and won't be playing this one again. May have been better if they'd written a more compelling story line.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 21, 11 3:45 PM
I too made the mistake of buying this game when it came out - I had enjoyed the demo, and didn't realise just how long and repetitious it really was And I wasn't a complete rookie at HOG games either - just shows how easy it is to make mistakes In the end, I forced myself to finish it, just so it wouldn't keep nagging at me, lol.

Now if I see any "Escape To ... " games, I run away in the opposite direction, lol.

Jen

usfreedom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by usfreedom on Sep 27, 11 3:58 PM
Aside from being WAAY to long, I found that many of the objects weren't the object that was listed. Maybe I'm too particular, but when it ways your're looking for a wrench, I look for a wrench NOT vice grips. I had to use hints for several items because the item wan't the one that was listed.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 23, 12 4:11 PM
Unfortunately I also never finished the game because it was boring. Too much repetition. Not very many interesting places, and not very challenging.

Go to: