weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

HOW MANY OF US HAVE QUIT

[Post New]by weyrelady on Mar 3, 15 4:24 AM
I see another ak player has quit, and wonder how many of us are left who are waiting for an update and wondering if we are ever going to get one.???
My question is this
??? ARE THE PROFITS MADE FROM THOSE OF US WHO PAY REAL MONEY FOR DIAMONDS AND BOLGINS ENOUGH TO KEEP THE GAME GOING. ???

INSTEAD OF MAKING A ONE OFF PAYMENT as you would to buy normal games you are expected to buy VIRTUAL ITEMS with REAL MONEY (AS YOU WOULD PLAYING ON ANY GAMBLING SITE) in order to play the game, but if none of us are buying stuff while we wait for an update or are not buying at all then,
this game will not be making enough profit for the DEVS and BF to make it worth continuing with !!!! ???

So as I want this game to continue I will still buy while Im waiting hopefully for an update.
Please Please Please

stibitz
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re: HOW MANY OF US HAVE QUIT

[Post New]by stibitz on Mar 9, 15 9:11 PM
The idea behind F2P games was to prevent people from pirating their "bought" games. People would buy it and give out free copies to anyone and everyone. The F2P games have to go through their server so you have to go through BFG/BZ to play and, you're right the profit is in the on-line purchases. There are billions of downloads each day and of those downloads, only about 5% will translate into recognizable profit. Those people that play a few hours every day and purchase bolgins and such are the 5%. My guess is BZ has moved on to other platforms (where the money is). People that continue to pay to play in hopes of keeping the updates coming and the game alive are, I believe, fighting a losing battle.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Mar 10, 15 5:04 AM
stibitz wrote: There are billions of downloads each day and of those downloads, only about 5% will translate into recognizable profit.

Not sure where you get your stats from there stibitz, but it seems way off beam! 5% of billions would be off the radar in dosh for the Devs! More than the illuminati earn!
I really don't know the legalities in these free to play games because it is free will in making purchases. The free game is totally playable without real money.
When would a developer announce the game has run its course and therefore anyone who had paid, say, £50 the day before would feel ripped off. A tough one that's for sure, but the line has to be drawn at some point, and that is where a lot of people could get very angry.
All that said, there's bound to be T&Cs covering the eventual demise of an FTP.

Doklao
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Doklao on Mar 10, 15 5:50 AM
I agree , I think they have a more profitable way to make money.
I , for one, spent a little money at the beginning before I figured things out, now I can't finish the game.
How disreputable of them.
I am beyond disgusted, we should be getting refunds for the money we have spent, and not just a sneak out of the door at midnight.

charmed411
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by charmed411 on Mar 10, 15 7:53 AM
If they did not intend to carry on why update iOS ?

cldpf23
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cldpf23 on Mar 10, 15 10:57 AM
I only will carry on playing with new pc update, do you think there will be no one?

Kittene
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Kittene on Mar 10, 15 5:11 PM
I am so done with BF/BZ and this Awakening game. Sick of the dark chest and all the other games with no advance of anything.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Mar 10, 15 8:40 PM
stibitz wrote: People that continue to pay to play in hopes of keeping the updates coming and the game alive are, I believe, fighting a losing battle.

Thats why they loose an other paying player - me.

And my real life ist much more comfortable since I don't play to the daily bonus.

I'm free to play when I want to.

Edited on 03/10/2015 at 8:41:08 PM PST

Doklao
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Doklao on Mar 11, 15 6:16 AM
cabega wrote:
stibitz wrote: People that continue to pay to play in hopes of keeping the updates coming and the game alive are, I believe, fighting a losing battle.

Thats why they loose an other paying player - me.

And my real life ist much more comfortable since I don't play to the daily bonus.

I'm free to play when I want to.

Boy,l you said a mouthful. In addition to that I am cancelling my BF subscription. I cannot encourage a company that will allow these awful developers to carry on.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 13, 15 1:50 AM
YOU SOUND LIKE THE PLAYERS IN ANOTHER BF/BZ GAME A LOT QUIT BUT AFTER A 6 MONTH WAIT WE GO THE LONG AWAITED UPDATE AND IT WAS A BIG ONE. IT WILL TAKE SOME MONTHS TO FINISH. SOME OF THE CHALLANGES ARE TAKING FOREVER TO DO. THE PICIES TO THE PUZZLES JUST WILL NOT FALL. SOME HAD LUCK AND GOT THE PUZZLE PIECES. BUT CAN NOT GET TO THE NEW AREAS WITH OUT A LOT OF GOLD. SO HANG ON A LITTLE LONGER. WE MAY GET AN UPDATE HERE THAT WILL BE LIKE THAT ONE. THERE IS A WHOLE YEAR OF SPECIAL QUEST IN THAT UPDATE THAT ONLY HAVE TO BE TRIGGERED. WE HAVE HAD 1 AND ANOTHER WILL START IN ABOUT 30 DAYS. THEN ANOTHER IN JULY. ONE NO GIVEN TIME FOR IT. 2 FOR FALL AND ONE FOR CHRISTMAS.

WE HAD TO WAIT BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. I AM STILL WORKING ON AK BUT AM A LONG WAY FROM THE END OF THE LAST UPDATE. BUT I DO TAKE IT SLOW. I ONLY PLAY A LITTLE EVERY DAY HERE AND THE OTHER GAME. SPEND MOST OF MY TIME PLAYING MC.

I LIKE ALL THESE GAMES. EACH ONE IS A GOOD BREAK FROM THE OTHERS.

Edited on 03/16/2015 at 1:48:06 AM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 15, 15 8:43 AM
As I said in another thread, assuming they're not doing an update because they've made no announcements makes no sense. None of the developers of FTP games communicates their plans for updates and new content. Not getting any info means nothing.

This game, more than any of the others, has given us stuff we can do in between updates. I appreciate that. I go in and collect my daily reward. Some days I'll play mini games or do HOS to collect stuff for the Dark Chest. Other days, if I'm not in the mood for those things, I'll collect my daily reward to keep my streak going, since I don't want to be put back at level 1, and that's it.

I'm hoping they will have an update soon, but if they don't, I have other things to do.

nyghtfn
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nyghtfn on Mar 15, 15 11:51 AM
I am at level 61.

I have not spent one penny on this game. I spend a lot of time listing auctions.

As others have said, there is plenty to do on this game while waiting for updates.

However, even I am tired of waiting for the next update!!!!

[Post New]by lcd56_1 on Mar 15, 15 12:51 PM
Like many others here, I'm kinda fed up with the waiting 3months now since the last update of AK. I have reach level 100 (an have no intention to go farther since level 101 will require more than 5 MILLION points), I've fed the dark chest the 1000 times, so all I do now is log on each day to continue the daily reward and every other day I play a few HOS games to replenish what I used feed the Dark Chest and work toward getting to the 100 mark of the Goblin Door Orb. That's it. Now, it seems to me that if BZ and BF are trying to wring as much money as they can from us, then the time is going to come where a VERY large amount of people will refuse to play any of their products. And could cause them to be out of the game business entirely.

And if we don't receive an update soon, I will be one of those that will remove it from my computer and say goodby to BZ and BF.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Mar 15, 15 10:07 PM
I think we got spoiled by the semi-frequent updates to AK. I've been playing for about a year and I've only spent $0.79 US when the pegacorn was offered for "real money"..

Boomzap said, at the start, that they wanted to do an AK F2P to keep AK out there in between the D/L AK games. They have another one that is now in Beta testing. Right now I'm building my collections and resources and slowly feeding the Dark Chest. And waiting for another update.

Go to: