moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Forums/Spam

[Post New]by moondances on Mar 4, 15 3:47 AM
Why is all this spam allowed on here? I'm afraid to even click on anything now-Plz, BF, find a solution asap

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Forums/Spam

[Post New]by gamblebug on Mar 4, 15 3:52 AM
I agree and why is BF so late at catching it.The last game this happened on,i sent pm but it took a day later before he got back to me,unacceptable.Since BF sold out things have not been the same.They don't seem to be looking out for their customers.I won't touch them either.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Mar 4, 15 7:24 AM
Found the spam this morning but it is gone now. I posted in forum

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 4, 15 7:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for bringing the spam to our attention. The first thing the moderators do when they get into the office in the early morning is clear out the spam posts, so thank you for your patience as we work quickly to get this removed.

The posting of spam is often automated, and we're definitely looking into ways to try to prevent it from happening at all. We wouldn't recommend clicking on any unfamiliar links, or any links that may be included in any of the spam posts.

For future reference, it's really helpful for us to clear out the spam faster if you just click on the ! in the top right corner of the post. With enough reports, this will remove the spam from appearing in the threads until we can get into the office and delete it.

While we do understand how frustrating it can be to see all of the spam suddenly appear, we do ask that users not create new posts/threads in the Forums that discuss spam. This will help us to streamline our current process and will also help to keep the Forums tidy instead of adding on to the issue at hand.

Since this thread discussing spam has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Please PM one of the moderators if you have any other questions!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: