Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 6:54:18 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost CE here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 5, 15 6:54 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost CE here.

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Mar 5, 15 11:43 AM
Am playing the bonus - clicked to send my raven up to get something & I get Runtime Error & the game closes - any clues as to why please?

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 11:44:04 AM PST

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Mar 5, 15 12:09 PM
LynneHS56 wrote:Am playing the bonus - clicked to send my raven up to get something & I get Runtime Error & the game closes - any clues as to why please?

Same happened to me.

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Mar 5, 15 12:41 PM
Same problem. I've removed and am reinstalling. Will let you know if that works.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 5, 15 12:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I noticed in the pond that a few of you are experiencing the Runtime Error message. I'm so sorry to hear that. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

It may be helpful to check if the video driver needs to be updated. I'm going to include the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still seeing issues after checking the drivers, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can further troubleshoot. Please provide them with the issue as well as what troubleshooting steps have already been taken.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Mar 5, 15 12:48 PM
And the answer is no, reinstalling did not work. Guess this is yet another game that I will not be completing.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Mar 5, 15 1:55 PM
Same problem as others. Runtime error when using raven to collect wing from the ledge in the bonus game.
Hope there is a fix soon.

pieces in jigsaw do not rotate

[Post New]by maryclasen on Mar 5, 15 4:57 PM
Any idea?Tried holding down various keys... MAC version. Cheers.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 5, 15 5:09 PM
G'day,

I wanted to pop in and let you know that we are looking into why some users are seeing the Runtime Error when in the bonus game trying to send a raven.

If you haven't already done so, please reach out to Customer Support and include as much information as possible about the error, when you're seeing it and attach a Dr Felix to help us learn more about the system being used.

The more diagnostics we have on this the more easily we'll be able to determine if there are any trends in the systems being impacted.

Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report

Should we receive an update for the game, we will definitely post here in the forum.

bfgMurrumbidgee

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Mar 5, 15 6:10 PM
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, please excuse me, but when I replayed some of the HOP's to try to get the achievement for using the Luxor-type game instead, after I had completed the scene, it put me back into the main game rather than back at the Extras menu. It was most confusing, and I still didn't get my achievement.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Mar 5, 15 7:05 PM
I can't get the strategy guide to open, at ALL. Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Also, despite disabling hints, the button still refills, and activates whenever I use the map.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 8:32:13 PM PST

[Post New]by sashca1007 on Mar 6, 15 9:00 AM
Hi-- this is a new one on me! At some point I received the radio knob in my inventory, but before I could use it I acquired other inventory items-- each new item planted itself on top of my radio knob, immovable unless used.
As I used each item (to uncover my radio knob!) I received a new item on top of the knob. I was able to continue that way through a few items, but I think I'm stuck now. The yellow sun gem (?) is on my radio knob, and I don't think I can use it before I use the knob (maybe to get the sapphire?). How can I free my radio knob?! Sorry if this is a silly question, I've just never had an item be obscured and unusable like that before. Thank you for (hopefully) your help!

[Post New]by rainbowdragon70 on Mar 6, 15 10:20 AM
I am having the same problem with the raven in the bonus game.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Mar 6, 15 12:26 PM
Same problem as others with "glitch" trying to obtain feather while sending raven. I went ahead and sent Dr Felix report along with explanation of run time error. The response I received was a coupon towards another game. While I appreciate having a coupon, this in no way replaces the answer to what I hoped was a "fix". This customer service tech didnt address whether there would be a fix, or if everything checked out with my computer. Not liking this at all.

distantsmoke
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Mouse is killing me

[Post New]by distantsmoke on Mar 6, 15 12:55 PM
Outside the game my mouse works fine. Inside the game It is nearly impossible to use the mouse. It stops dead and refuses to move. I've changed the batteries (twice) and changed mouse pads. I have also reverted to the system cursor. Nothing helps. I have a brand new computer (though admittedly not super expensive top of the line). I've liked Redemption Cemetery games in the past and had no trouble with them. I currently have a Kensington Slimblade wireless mouse. The computer is the ASUS VivoPC-VM40B-02 Desktop. Believe me the frustration level is way past red line.

Edited on 03/06/2015 at 1:24:17 PM PST

[Post New]by equicate on Mar 6, 15 3:00 PM
LynneHS56 wrote:Am playing the bonus - clicked to send my raven up to get something & I get Runtime Error & the game closes - any clues as to why please?

Same thing here. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by bebegee on Mar 6, 15 11:04 PM
I am having problems with the raven in the bonus chapter also. I don't get an error message like others. My raven is just not there and when I click on the feather it says if you had your raven you could have him get the feather

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Mar 7, 15 4:41 AM
Had reply from Tech people - check all Windows updates installed - uninstall Flash & Shockwave & reinstall newest versions - uninstall & reinstall game after restarting computer - all to no avail - I have replied to them that it hasn't worked & said that as so many of us have the same problem then it must be the game. I hope they sort out a fix soon as ERS are my favourite developers!

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Mar 7, 15 4:42 AM
Reply to bebegee above - if you haven't spoken to the sailor yet then he won't have given you the raven back yet - hope that helps & you don't then get the error message!

Go to: