Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 6:53:34 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 5, 15 1:51 AM
My review is based on the demo alone. There wasn't much fluidity in the way the game played. Everything seemed so disjointed, like there was a background story that we are missing. I still couldn't figure out of there are any collectibles in the game. I know we have a raven helper, but I found only one random collectible. Nothing to search for scene to scene. I'm not really sold on this one. Maybe if I read more reviews as they come out, I will get a better idea if it is worth it to buy the game. The demo was way too short, that's for sure.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 1:53:28 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 5, 15 3:02 AM
Still had 50 minutes left after playing the demo and no desire to play further. If the demo is supposed to hook you and leave you wanting more, it failed miserably. Looked like the same tired collecting of the same old items used in the same mind numbing ways.

So easily forgettable that I can't even remember how many HOS and puzzles were in the demo. And I just played it! I think there was just one HOS and three puzzles. What I do remember was cut scenes galore and way too many notes, etc. to read. Just awful.

Strategy guide showed two chapters and no indication of collectibles or morphing objects so who knows? More to the point--I don't care.

Definitely a "no buy" for me.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 15 3:30 AM
I have been impatiently looking forward to this game since I played the Beta, I have the whole series and reckon this is one of the best. So on with the mechanics of the game:-

There are 6 Chapters plus the Bonus game.

Levels: Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom.

Map: Jumpable and shows active areas.

Inventory: Lockable

Helper: A raven and very unobtrusive, he just flies up to collect something you have spotted and then returns No dressing him up, no buying him things for him in a room and no squawks .

Collectibles: There is a drop down box in the top right hand side marked Album, the collectibles are put in here and there are 15 in total with four different scenes Once you have collected enough you can read the chapter.

Achievements: On the left hand side a similar drop down box shows your achievements, the are a total of 17 to collect. And when you are in Emily's crypt it drips blood!

Voices: Very good, I particularly like the protagonist’s voice even though it does give me goose bumps too.

Music: Very appropriate and a bit scary at times, I don’t think I could play this game in the dark!

HOPS: Of the first three I played - find items from a list and half of them are interactive, Frogs and find so many of one item.

Mini Games: So far there were puzzles to put together and matching two tiles which move around after each turn.

Extras:
Art, Screen Savers, Movies, Music, Mini Games, Hidden Objects and a Bonus MG.
There were another two I have not seen before Test - answering questions about the game and Chronicle - reading the history of the family.

I most definitely recommend this game.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 5, 15 4:57 AM
This game has Custom for game mode. Unfortunately, for me, it takes too long to recharge the Hint, 50 seconds.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 4:00:31 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 5, 15 6:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Mar 5, 15 8:08 AM
This is probably the shortest demo I have played. Wasn't enough time to see if the game is worth while. Think I will wait for SE. Doesn't seem to be worth the price for CE.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Mar 5, 15 8:44 AM
Just gone on to Big Fish to see what todays game is and to my delight Redemption Cemetry love these games, also thought the last one was the end and the makers were not going to make anymore, so a bonus.
Cant wait for the weekend.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Mar 5, 15 9:17 AM
Bought without trying first and don't regret it one bit. As usual with ERS great graphics, background noises and voices. I like the puzzles so far in this game. It's a another ERS winner in my book. This one has different things to do than what I remember from the others in this series.

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Mar 5, 15 11:32 AM
Shortest demo I have ever played. I've enjoyed the other RC games, but this one does nothing for me.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Mar 5, 15 11:49 AM
I'm also on the fence with this one. I'm concerned about the length as I finished the demo with 45 minutes left (supposedly). After finishing "The Big Secret in a Small Town" with all its fun challenges, these run-of-the-mill games no longer hold my interest. To be fair, I was already becoming weary of these games, before the aforementioned game. It just seems to be the same old stuff.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 5, 15 11:58 AM

Lost: One Collector's Edition on Island

For this, I am forgoing writing an in-depth review. I will say that all the externals are good; the drawing, voices, sounds, and music. That's about it though, in my opinion.

I am very disappointed in the story. It is just the same old "free the captive spirits" theme. There isn't much else here to draw my interest or compel me to play further. It is also very easy in all aspects.

However, because of the quality, I could envision players enjoying this if they are relatively new to this genre or haven't played the dozens of similar games. But I'm not in any hurry to purchase what amounts to recycled goods.

Neither did I see anything in this game to award it the pseudo-distinction of "Editor's Choice."

If you happen to love this game, that's great and I say to you, Enjoy! You may run into me on the island looking for that lost collector's edition.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 12:03:05 PM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 5, 15 7:19 PM
I have to agree with the reviewer before me. Besides for the graphics, this game is nothing to write home about at all. Very easy, very linear game play that I felt was extremely disjointed. No mouth movement which drives my batty in ERS games. I went from crashed plane to finding 2 restless souls to being sent back to the past to having to save a very annoying child hanging from a clock. I found one collectible, not sure what it was. Not sure what the hooplah was about with the great beta reviews either. If you are new to this genre of game or just enjoy any Redemption Cemetery game, then by all means give it a whirl. For me this is a definite pass in CE or SE form.

Roam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Roam on Mar 5, 15 8:07 PM
I played this game before, same story, same characters, only the demon seems different - is this a remake of an older game we had ? I like the game, but should I purchase it if I know what it is all about ? So very familiar !? I just can't remember what the old title was, definitely something with 'Island' .

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 8:14:21 PM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Mar 5, 15 8:32 PM
Based on completion of the shortest demo ever! I chose custom mode and to my surprise if I want the hint to recharge in 10 seconds, then the skip has to charge in 60 -- skip is on the left and hint is on the right -- there is only one marker for both so if you put the marker in the center then the hint and skip recharge in 30 seconds each. I do not like this difference. If I want to customize my hint and skip button to 10 seconds then that should be what I get to do. I'm 65 years old -- don't tell me I can customize if you are going to tease me about the timing (which I assume is why most people use custom setting for anyway). Grrr!

Maybe the story will become clear soon but right now all I know is I've crashed my plane on an island and there are some ghosts I must rescue or something like that. Nothing linear about this game. I kept referring to the SG because I was sure I was missing something but I wasn't. Very disappointed. I usually buy all new CE but I think I'll pass on this one.

I like collectibles and morphing items. Looks like this has a collectible in the form of a broken scene. When you have all the pieces something happens. I'm not sure what because the demo doesn't take you that far.

Way too short.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Mar 5, 15 9:16 PM
The graphics and scenes in this game are beautiful. The HOS's are way too easy but still fun. For the price, it was way too short of a game. There were so many areas in the beautiful venues but just not enough to do to make this game worth the money. So sorry BF, but you cheated us on this game.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 6, 15 1:28 AM
Yes, the demo was very short, but I was actually relieved when it was over.
The game is that bad!

Normally, the cursor changes into a magnifying glass when you can zoom in to something. Here, you have magnifiers all over the place, and most give you only some useless comment when you click. Also, most zoom-in scenes don't close when you're finished, because there is some note or other that you are supposed to read.
So I ended up just clicking around everywhere in the hopes that I would hit something I could do. This way I found 2 or 3 "collectibles" by sheer coincidence!

There is no obvious storyline or logic applied, everything seems to be just randomly connected. The fisherman vanishes ... the fisherman pops up again ... even in this short demo I had to consult the SG two times, which I hardly ever do otherwise.

The jigsaw puzzle with the rotating pieces worked really clumsy, the puzzle with the 3 animals was blurry.

Even though I turned down the music (which I always do), there was this annoying sound in the crypt. And that beeping sound at the beginning. Terrible!

And don't get me started on the "custom" settings for difficulty ... Why can't we have a tutorial for "special features" only?

All in all it's a "no buy" for me.

PS: What the h*ck is a Bonus "MG"???

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 6, 15 5:40 AM
FunIt wrote:
PS: What the h*ck is a Bonus "MG"???

Possible solutions:
1. You get the iconic British car, the MG
2. more likely - it's short for Bonus Mini-Game

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Jurinne on Mar 6, 15 8:10 AM
A 50 second wait for hints, even in custom mode? Why?

And why are we told we have 90 minutes for a demo when it's only 30 minutes (which includes a LOT of cut scenes and dialogue). I wasn't able to relax at all because I knew there was such a time constraint on me. And I feel like BF lied to me.

Like others, I noticed the "creep" factor was missing. I really wish I could find a game that creeps me out.

The graphics are nice and I wanted to explore a lot of areas but wasn't allowed to and I have to wonder why.

As far as I can tell, there are no morphing objects, and no collectibles except some that seem to be random and I don't know what they are for - so why is this being offered as a CE? A bonus MG? That's it?!?

Maybe as a DD or COTW, but I wouldn't pay full price for this game, not even for the SE.

Edit: I forgot to mention that, if you switch to the marble popping game in place of HOS, you have to switch every time you successfully make a match of three. That meant about five times for me. The marble popping is extremely simple - anyone can do it, and the whole point of marble popping is that you need to move quickly. Not here. Take your time - it's nothing. This was a big disappointment to me as I love marble popping.

Edited on 03/06/2015 at 8:23:41 AM PST

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Mar 6, 15 10:24 PM
I'm sorry to have to say it,
but wasn't overly impressed with this game as a whole.
Artwork & Music were okay, but really short and not enough
to really hold my interest.
Really had to force myself to finish.
What a shame, as this came from a Series/Devs I have
very much enjoyed in the past.
Like someone else stated, the Marble Game was boring, as well...
just too slow on the re-bound to be enjoyable.
IMHO, this wasn't worth the Sale C/E Edition Price.
I would give it maybe 2 1/2 Stars.
sign me a disappointed g'ma0trips

Go to: