Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Short Demo--How Long is the Game?

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 5, 15 1:09 AM
Although you're alloted 90 minutes, I was done with the demo in 37 minutes. That's not very long. I was wondering if the full game isn't very long, either.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Short Demo--How Long is the Game?

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 5, 15 1:47 AM
I thought it was a pathetically short demo, and I never really found fluidity in the game. Everything seemed so disjointed, I'm not sure about this one.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 5, 15 2:36 AM
Fifty minutes left at the end of the demo. The forty minutes I spent was dull, dull, dull.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 5, 15 2:42 AM
Very short demo indeed. Got just 25 minutes on my Windows laptop. Played it again on my Apple Mac and got the full 60 minutes!

[Post New]by prepare2fly on Mar 5, 15 3:58 AM
Hey Scottie....I am playing the demo on my Mac as well and I cannot figure out how to rotate the puzzle pieces....Can you help?....Did you have an issue with this? Thanks

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 5, 15 4:06 AM
Hi prepare2fly, I had the same issue on my Mac. I was able to do the puzzle on my laptop using a mouse, Sorry I cant be of more help.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 5, 15 8:48 AM
Yes this demo is very short. But it shows the game follows the series' idea to return to a lost soul's life and correct a mistake that has been made. The atmosphere is spooky and frightful enough to justify the title.

A short look in the reviews showed me, the game has a decent length. Daxdilllion says:
There are 6 Chapters plus the Bonus game.

So this is not short. I will buy but not today as I hope for a better sale. I own all Redemption Cemeteries and liked them. For me it seems to be a good game and I recommend it - but try and make up your mind !

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 15 1:29 PM
Hi Rainworm

I cannot tell you how long the game is as I like to play slowly and absorb everything as my working life is so hectic. So the following might help

Chapter 1: Cemetery - The introduction to the game.
Chapter 2: School - The cliffhanger ended halfway throuh this chapter as there was a lot more to do, possibly double or even treble the amount of time as the first chapter - depending on how fast you play.
[b]Chapter 3:
Cemetery: Part 2 - An introduction to the 2nd ghost but not a long chapter.
Chapter 4: Castle - saving the 2nd ghost was again much longer.
Chapter 5: Cemetary Part 3: Much the same length as chapter Cemetery 3..
Chapter 6: Tower: Saving the 3rd ghost was again much longer than the previous chapter.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 5, 15 1:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I noticed this thread in the pond and I see that there is some disappointment with the demo time. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Thank you Daxadillion for letting other players know of the chapter details. It is greatly appreciated!

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 5, 15 5:15 PM
Despite Daxadillion's details on the chapters, I still felt short-changed with the demo. I was familiar with the premise of the series, and there was nothing new or innovative with the storyline. Even if a player was new to the series, I don't feel that there was enough of the demo to get a proper feel for the game. This will be a no buy for me.

gailmutter
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gailmutter on Mar 8, 15 3:37 PM
Agree with all on the short demo. If you are going to say 90 minutes, then give the gamer the full 90 minutes. gamgam

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Mar 13, 15 4:54 PM
Initially when the demo time for the CE's was changed to 90 minutes and I was finishing in 60 minutes give or take 5 or so minutes, I was very pleased. I liked being able to get a bit into the game and understand the flow and plot. A 40 minute demo is not acceptable, however. I am absolutely less apt to buy a CE when I get no real chance to decide if I like the game.

Short demos are happening more and more.It seems the same as getting a "pound" package of bacon which is now 12 ounces and definitely feels like the customer is less and less important.

Edited on 03/13/2015 at 4:56:12 PM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 3, 15 3:33 PM
After finishing demo, I had 67 minutes left. I loaded the walk-through and scrolled down to the last scene I could play. The scroll button was about a quarter of the way down so - for me - that bodes a shorter game length than I like. As I really didn't have enough time to decide how I liked the story and gameplay, I bought neither the CE nor the SE.

Go to: