I can't rotate puzzle pieces

[Post New]by prepare2fly on Mar 5, 15 3:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro and I am playing the demo for this game and I can't "right click" to rotate puzzle pieces. I've never had a problem with other games figuring out how to rotate anything. I've tried everything. Can anyone help?....Thanks

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:I can't rotate puzzle pieces

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 15 4:11 AM
Is it the puzzle on the door with a lion head, a snake head and another animal, if yes, you don't have to right click anything.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 5, 15 6:44 AM
Hi prepare2fly,

"LEFT" clicking, to rotate the puzzle pieces, worked for me.

Mac OS X Yosemite

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Mar 5, 15 7:40 AM
Are the chimeras puzzle in the pink, yellow or gold, then green from left to right? That's the order I have and nothing is happening?

That's correct - I had two of the lion out of order!!

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 7:42:37 AM PST

[Post New]by mauandbruce on Mar 5, 15 10:49 AM
I'm on a PC and I can't rotate the pieces for the first puzzle in the cemetery either. That's a glitch that should have been worked out in the beta testing. Guess I won't buy this game. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Mar 5, 15 8:30 PM
Sometimes when you have to rotate pieces for a jigsaw, you have to lift it off the surface with a left click then rotate with the right click. This is what I did and it worked for me. Hope it does for you. Cheers.

Erinus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Erinus on Mar 6, 15 10:04 AM
I was stuck there too, but thanks so much Tartanpimpernel. That's exactly what I had to do to get the jigsaw pieces to rotate.

[Post New]by detroitg on Mar 7, 15 12:24 PM
I am having the same problem - playing with a Mac - Lion - right click does nothing! Any ideas??

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 7, 15 12:28 PM
On a PC. Tried everything with this jigsaw puzzle and nothing worked. Not left click, not lift and click (which was impossible, BTW), not right click. I had looked forward to this game and the sale, but no joy here. It's going in the trash.

[Post New]by deedah001 on Mar 7, 15 10:49 PM
Hi. I was having the same problem, so I tried setting the mouse buttons in System preferences (Mac) so that there is a button 1 (primary), button 2 (secondary), button 3 and button 4. I set mine so button 1 was on the lefthand side, button 2 was on the righthand side, 3 was at the top and 4 were on the sides. In this case button 2 rotated the puzzle pieces and button 1 set them in place.
I'm using Mac OS 10.9.5 and this worked for me.

Edited on 03/07/2015 at 10:52:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Blue_Crab on Mar 8, 15 8:37 AM
I wasn't able to rotate the puzzle pieces either and I set my Mac mouse buttons like deedah001 recommended. It worked! Thanks deedah001!

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phizz on Mar 8, 15 12:02 PM
I'm on a Mac Yosemite (10.10.2) and don't use a mouse. I can't left-click or right-click to rotate and I can't hold it with the left then try to right-click. I'm hoping that when I go back into the game it will miraculously work.

[Post New]by pigletion on Mar 18, 15 1:44 PM
If using the Mac trackpad, then you need to do the gesture analogous to right-click. It's called Secondary Click in the Mac System Preferences. For example, on mine, I tap with two fingers to open right-click menus and that also rotated the puzzle pieces.

Thanks to deedah001, I went to look up mouse settings, despite not having a mouse, and was able to work it out from there.

Hope that helps!

Go to: