pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Graphics Glitch in Jewel Match 2

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Aug 11, 08 4:10 PM
I've been playing Jewel Match 2 on two different computers. Both are XP, one is home, the other is the pro version. Both computers have decent graphics cards, and are updated.

One computer runs this game with no issues, the other (xp pro) has a strange problem where some of the graphics disappear during gameplay.

The info bar on the right side of the screen, showing the Jewel chest, and how many of each jewel I have goes missing. Also the info bar at the top showing the powerups will disappear occasionally.

The right-side graphic does flash up when jewels are added to my 'stash', and both top and right side graphics will re-appear when I use a power-up - but then disappear soon afterwards.

Also, when time runs out and I lose a life, the graphic doesn't completely load, so I am unable to see the 'try again' option and I have to exit the game and re-start.

This happens in windowed and full formats, also using 'slow computer' option and regular.

Any suggestions? Updates?

TIA

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:Graphics Glitch in Jewel Match 2

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 11, 08 4:23 PM
Hi Pfalcioni. If you are having technical problems with any of of our games, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support team are trained to deal with these types of problems and will work with you to get our game working properly. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 11, 08 4:57 PM
pfalcioni, welcome to the forums. If you are a game club member, you can go to your My Account tab above and contact Tech Support via Live Chat. The operate Mon-Fri from 9:30-4:30 PST. good luck

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Aug 11, 08 10:40 PM
I've tried both of these options, but chat was not available, and I have yet to recieve a reply to my email.

Thought I might find others with the same issue here.

I guess I'll wait for an answer from Tech Support.

I am now experiencing the same issues on BOTH computers, so I believe now it is definitely the fault of the game.

Edited on 08/12/2008 at 10:31:53 AM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 12, 08 10:33 AM
Hi Pfalcioni, I am sorry, but I had to remove the website address in your post. We have a strict policy against posting URL's in the forums. If you have any questions, please check our FAQ's for information about our policies on what is and is not acceptable to post in the forums.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 12, 08 2:00 PM
I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy with our technical support team, I would recommend sending your comments directly to the support team and I can assure you that they will be heard and addressed. Again, the forums are not designed to handle technical issues with our games. Our support department strives to be the best in the world and I know that they will do everything they can to make sure your experience with resolving this error is a pleasant one.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Aug 12, 08 3:54 PM
I have sent all this information to Tech Support.

It has been 24 hours since my first email to them.

I have not received ANY replies other than the standard computer-generated confimations.

This is not a pleasant transaction in my books.

Moderators, if there is any way you can contact Tech Support and see if they have a solution to this, I would really appreciate your help.

I understand this is not a tech support forum, however, since typical lines of communication are not working, I was hoping for some help through alternate avenues.

Hopefully one of the moderators will understand my frustration with the situation and help me out a bit, rather than posting the easy 'pat' answer.

Thanks in advance.

MadPoet
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by MadPoet on Aug 12, 08 9:45 PM
heya, sorry ot hear that this is not going as smoothly as you'd like.
i sent in an email about something else and my 'standard computer generated confirmation' said they'd get back to me within 72 hours.

i'll take that over some other company's response times any day.
can't tell you how annyoing it was to wait a week for a response when that company promised a 24 hour turn around.

I'm sure that you'll hear back soon

bfmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bfmama on Aug 12, 08 9:48 PM
i've had problems with this game also. i've written to tech support, and seeing as it said in the automated confirmation that it might take 72 hours to receive a reply, i'll probably just try to be patient until they get back to me. they've always been helpful in the past even though it takes them a while. it's still quicker than some sites i've had to contact.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Aug 13, 08 2:16 PM
I did see it stated a 72 hour response time. I've just never seen a 3-day wait for Tech Support before.

I guess there's other businesses out there that take longer, but most companies I've worked with that sell computer-based products have tech support that responds within 24 hours, most within 1 to 2 hours.

It's been 48 hours, so I'll wait another day.

Paristan
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Paristan on Aug 20, 08 7:13 PM
Please let us know explicitly when it is fixed. It doesn't run at all on my XP. I just assumed it was my fault until I checked out requirements for other games. Just about every other game runs perfectly even the complicated ones so I figured I better find out more.
Happy to wait but would like to know when it is done as I love these types of games.
Thanks heaps

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Sep 3, 08 9:45 AM
I can't believe BFG is still selling this broken game, with no fix it sight.

What's up?

I've been a BFG member for a few years now, and have always appreciated that every game I've played has been very solid, without issues. Now the one time I purchase a game with problems, BFG seems to be ignoring it?

Please, please BFG, fix this game, or remove it and give those who purchased it a credit towards a different (working!) game.

[Post New]by zooooplace on Sep 10, 08 7:04 PM
I just bought this game last week - I am having the same problem. I reinstalled it last night thinking it was just a glitch. It is still not working. I get to about level 10 and then the screen freezes and I have to reboot. I guess I will watch the forum to see when it is fixed and how to handle it then.

bfmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bfmama on Sep 10, 08 8:23 PM
It will download and install, but when started, I get a blank white screen. If I have the volume up and move the mouse, I can hear the noise it makes when scrolling over a button, but I can't see anything.

that's exactly the problem i'm having, too. sound but no picture. tech support wasn't able to help me, as it wasn't my graphics card as they suggested. hope they get it fixed soon. they're usually so much better than that. this is the first game i've had a problem with in the year+ that i've been a member.

bfmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bfmama on Sep 10, 08 8:26 PM
previous message didn't come up as i intended. first paragraph is a quote from amynmikes. second paragraph is my addition. sorry! i'm new to this!

[Post New]by jackteal on Oct 25, 08 11:28 AM
To show they are taking care of business, BFG needs to give all who bought this game a total refund. It's not fair to keep our money. The game is bad and they know it. I can't believe it's still offered?????

tweedledumm
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tweedledumm on Oct 28, 08 10:40 PM
hi,
i do not know what comp you have i have a dell 4100 desktop with
a 22 inch monitor nec to be exact. and never had a problems with'
this game or anyother i do run on windows xp pro sp3 and it
works beautiful what video card do you have? mine is ASSUS 128
mgs. graphics are just great tho. are you up to date with everything
all your drivers? btw i did experience one game with choppy graphics.
not any from bfg but one with alawar ent. it's rebel bomberman
and i really do get a kick out it but it's hard to play.
as far as my alien/zombie shooter games all of them from sigma team
not one problem all great graphics great blood graphics and lots of
blood and guts lol.
also btw i bought this computer around 2001 with a pentium 3 proc.
that's it for now hope this helped you a little.
tweedledumm

[Post New]by AmyNMikeS on Jan 12, 09 3:49 AM
So what's the deal BF? I just tried to download and play this game again, and nothing has changed. Is there going to be a fix or will we never be able to play this game? I've actually used 17 minutes of my demo time between working with tech support, and just trying time and time again to get the game to start.

[Post New]by corirose on Mar 23, 09 1:20 PM
Never posted before, but I downloaded the JM2 game and am having the same problem with graphics cutting out after every level. I have been a BF game club member since 07 without a problem. My computer (Sony VAIO with updates) is running most recent with XP. BF has known about this problem since Aug 08 if this forum is correct. Not what I call "ethical" business practive.
-C

[Post New]by Deborahjean on Mar 30, 09 4:53 PM
I agree with the last message. The Jewel Match 2 does have bugs depending on the size of the computer. I have to reboot everytime I lose a round. It does not give me any alternative. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall three times but I still have the same problems. I have spent a lot of time on this game because it is fun.My daughter also has it and she has the same problems even though she has a stronger computer. Please do something with this so it can be played for the pleasure it is intended.

Go to: