Allan40alt
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Error Access Violation

[Post New]by Allan40alt on Jun 5, 09 7:02 AM
Each time I try to open the game I hear a 'Donk' and a window appears that says: 'Error Access violation at 0x004CCC1B (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.'

When I click 'OK' I get the 'Thank you for playing...etc' window. When I click on the 'Play Again' tab it loads and plays without a problem.

I'm just starting Journey 20 and have over 101 lives to my credit and quite a few 'helpers'; does the game ever end?

Re:Error Access Violation

[Post New]by Quack4me on Jun 27, 09 7:56 AM
I am also getting this error; I have around 50 lives and have 2 1/2 million points or so. What is the answer? Is this board not monitored by Big Fish? If this is going to happen and there isn't a resolution what on earth would be my motivation to buy another game from Big Fish?

please help

Allan40alt
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Allan40alt on Jul 11, 09 2:08 AM
I have turned off my Virgin Broadband PC Guard and installed AVG anti-virus and anti-spyware (the free version at present).

Result! Game now loads without any problem.

Also; other games I had loading problems with (Mystery Case File types) also now load and run without any problem.

[Post New]by debbie1701 on Jul 20, 09 5:00 AM
i don't seem to be able to get past the access violation error. no matter what i do i dont seem to be able to load the game. it just stops on the loading page indefinatly. i've tried it with and without my anti virus but nothing seems to make a difference.

any help out there would be much appreciated

debbie

[Post New]by Wendywop on Jul 20, 09 10:43 AM
I too am having the same problem, can see no way of sorting it, it is so frustrating!
Please, someone help us!!!
Wendy.

Allan40alt
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Allan40alt on Jul 21, 09 2:49 PM
You could do as I did.

Disable your current anti-virus and firewall. Enable Windows firewall. Download AVG FREE and run it.

If the game works, great. If not, then uninstall it and reload it.

I did a fair bit of reading about AVG and it came highly recommended.

It didn't just allow this game to run, but others (Mystery Case Files etc) that I had similar problems with, some just wouldn't run at all.

My whole system now runs a lot faster, especially loading web pages.

Virgin PC Guard has now been completely removed from my system.

[Post New]by JanSmith1939 on Aug 6, 09 8:35 PM
As the others above, I have done all the suggested things and downloaded and reinstalled the game multiple times and it still won't run at all. My only difference is that my error address is 0x004CCA2E. Does that make a difference? Any further suggestions?

Allan40alt
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Allan40alt on Aug 9, 09 11:06 AM
Have you tried to load the game with your anti-virus/firewall turned off?

If it loads then you may have to 'give permission' for BFG to access.

If it runs then get in touch with your A/V people for advice.

PS: Don't forget to turn things on again after!

[Post New]by scramdad on Mar 15, 13 7:35 PM
I keep getting similar: 0x2871E1C or 0x02901E1C or 0x27F1E1C and loads of variants on a 1.5GB download game -it also keeps timing out. I've turned of the new firewall I installed, with no difference. Mt Anti Virus has been fine with other games up intill a few days ago...

[Post New]by jdwjlw2 on Sep 13, 13 8:10 AM
I just purchased Flights of Fancy and I am getting the error access violation at 0X00000000. I have turned off my virus protector and everything and still will not work. This is frustrating. Can I get my credits back???

Wendy

nobodyz
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by nobodyz on Apr 26, 14 2:31 PM
Allan40alt wrote:You could do as I did.

Disable your current anti-virus and firewall. Enable Windows firewall. Download AVG FREE and run it.

If the game works, great. If not, then uninstall it and reload it.

I did a fair bit of reading about AVG and it came highly recommended.

It didn't just allow this game to run, but others (Mystery Case Files etc) that I had similar problems with, some just wouldn't run at all.

My whole system now runs a lot faster, especially loading web pages.

Virgin PC Guard has now been completely removed from my system.

Sorry, but I run AVG all the time and I get the same:
"Error: Access vilation at 0x7C910A19 (tried to read from 0x00000001), program terminated."
OK, then the game manager comes up.

The game plays okay.....for a while. Then it either freezes my computer so hard I cannot even alt+tab to another window let alone move the mouse to close the game, and I have to re-boot after a hard down....or, I get the above again.

That happens while I am running AVG and much as I'd like to buy another game, I'm not going to be wasting money until I know this has been resolved. If this site has decided to make their games no longer playable even on Windows XP computers, I won't have a reason to stay here or buy anything more.

That would be sad. I will keep reading past the post I quoted above just in case someone has found a fix. I suppose I can hope.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game (this one for me is All My Gods) several times with no lasting result or relief from this error.

Go to: