bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Aveyond: Lord of Twilight forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 5, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Aveyond: Lord of Twilight forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Aveyond: Lord of Twilight players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

jusme
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Welcome to Aveyond: Lord of Twilight forum

[Post New]by jusme on Jun 6, 09 9:22 AM
I feel really stupid I can't find the person I am supposed to meet on the first quest.

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Jun 6, 09 9:36 AM
Love this series, and purchased the Strategy guide, but it appears only two maps are included. Is this an error? (All the maps have been removed from the Amaranth site.)

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jun 6, 09 9:48 AM
I beleive this is an error.

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Jun 6, 09 10:12 AM
Any idea what to do to correct it?

[Post New]by johndee on Jun 6, 09 11:23 AM
i really enjoyed the game just a shame its really short and ends after the ice princess

[Post New]by bookgal123 on Jun 6, 09 11:45 AM
I am having the same map problem with the Strategy Guide. Is this going to be fixed?

deenisek
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by deenisek on Jun 6, 09 12:23 PM
I've heard of cliffhangers, but this "ending" leaves a lot of stuff not done. It's not so much a "to be continued" as it is a "hold on while we finish the rest of this section". I enjoyed playing it up until it abruptly asked me to save and gave no indication of when they might have next part out.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jun 6, 09 2:10 PM
Yeah, I'd noticed the "Chapter 1" designation so I expected it to end abruptly, but it was a little weird--I bought a canoe and never got to use it for anything! Still, I enjoyed the game and will look forward to the next chapter...

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jun 6, 09 2:12 PM
Oh, also, I was surprised they hadn't fixed one of the most annoying things in Aveyond 2--getting stuck behind slow moving townsfolk and animals! It kind of takes away from the heroic quest feel when you have to spend ages waiting for a squirrel to get out of your way...

[Post New]by burnettchic8 on Jun 6, 09 9:33 PM
The guide problem has been reported to BFG and will be remedied.

The being stuck behind slow peeps/annoying animals - hmm soz never had that big an effect on me ( ok, i just make sure there are no people around me to get in my way. lol)

The next Chapter will be out sometime next month or so.

The maps are still on the Amaranth game site, you just have to go to the FAQ and find them.

[Post New]by burnettchic8 on Jun 6, 09 9:35 PM
jusme wrote:I feel really stupid I can't find the person I am supposed to meet on the first quest.

Can you be more specific as to which quest you are on? If you go to your Journal it will tell you what you supposed to be doing or who to see.

Let me know that and I should be able to help you better.

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jun 7, 09 4:21 AM
jusme, if you have the tutorial turned on, you just need to follow the arrows. If you don't have it turned on, head north - not up the steps, but through the corridor. Over the bridge, THEN up the steps, then head west to the big building. Inside, go through the doors in the rear walls as far as you can go, then take the exit in the lower left to the balcony.

cmmerritt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cmmerritt on Jun 7, 09 4:26 AM
I went to the Amaranth game site and couldnt find the FAQ area. Where is it?
Thanks

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jun 7, 09 4:54 AM
I don't think we're allowed to post links to other sites here, so I can only explain it to you.

If you go to the site, can you see the forum? If not, click on Community at the top of the page, then Village Square. That's the forum.

In there, you'll find a section dedicated to Aveyond games. There's one forum for Technical questions (covers all games), and one section each for Aveyond 1 (Rhen's Quest), Aveyond 2 (Ean's Quest) and Aveyond 3-1 (Lord of Twilight). This last one is where you go if you're looking for the maps. Then look at the pinned topics.

For those having troubles with the birds getting in their way, you can go to Options and turn OFF Environmental Effects. No more birds

Edited on 06/07/2009 at 4:57:05 AM PST

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jun 7, 09 8:12 AM
Ooh, thanks for that! They're really only a minor annoyance, but it's nice to know I can make them get out of my way! I'm a busy girl, places to go, monsters to slay, vampires to avoid...

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Jun 8, 09 1:41 PM
Hello Fishies!

I just thought I'd let you know that we just released a new build of the Aveyond: Lord of Twilight strategy guide today at Big Fish Games. This new build of the guide fixes the issue of the missing maps. In order to get the new build, all you have to do is uninstall your current version of the game, and then download it from Big Fish, and then reinstall the game. If you need any extra help on this process, please read this help topic:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Happy gaming!

Edited on 06/08/2009 at 1:41:52 PM PST

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jun 8, 09 8:24 PM
Hi Everyone;
I'm getting a 'hanging script' which abruptly ends my game... and I lose whatever wasn't saved from the last 'visit'.
What does script hanging or hanging script mean and how can I fix it?
any help is most welcome

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jun 8, 09 8:52 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to see the new guide.

@Playful61
Does this happen right away or over time? The first most important thing to do is restart your computer and make sure you don't have a lot of things running in the background (tool tray especially).

If you do this and the problem persists, can you watch to see if it happens after you've been playing for a bit? You may have an outdated sound card or video card that needs a newer (free) driver. If this is the case, you can go to your sound card's website and download your new driver for free.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jun 9, 09 10:46 AM
johndee wrote:i really enjoyed the game just a shame its really short and ends after the ice princess

Yeah, me too. I love the Aveyond series and I've played both the others. It seems just as you get into it, it's over and now when the next chapter comes it will take a while to get back into it again and then just when you do, you'll have to wait for the next chapter. They should have just put the whole thing out at once.

Go to: