necap
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Level 4-9 please help..

[Post New]by necap on Mar 9, 15 6:30 AM
I can't get past level 4-9..The big group of pirates comes on too quickly, before I have enough chests, weapons and stuff to counter them..Can anyone help me with some strategy?Thanks

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Level 4-9 please help..

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 9, 15 12:55 PM
I haven't played this game in ages and there doesn't seem to be a way to look back to see what that level is about.

However, in general I used barrels to block them for as long as possible.
When there were several of them I used bombs - if I remember correctly there is a bomb that will wipe out everyone on the board in one go.

Also the weapons that shoot more than one - there are some that will shoot three rows at once.

Also use the catapults because the do more damage than the others.

What I also did was to accumulate as much gold stars in earlier levels so that I didn't have to worry about that in later levels as the gold stars carry on from level to level. This saves you some time / money in later levels. But it won't help you right now if you hadn't done that :-(

Edited on 03/09/2015 at 12:55:53 PM PST

necap
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by necap on Mar 10, 15 8:36 AM
I've accumulated a gold star in earlier levels too..The problem are concealed pirate with shields and I can't generate enough silver to buy the barrels, catapults and the bombs take too long to regenerate..I do not know what kind of weapons first built...

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 11, 15 1:50 AM
I've these tips so far:

I let the first guy walk towards the end and be knocked out by the defence there - that gives me more time to accumulate silver.

The backward shooting cannon is magic because it packs a punch backwards so once the pirate has passed the middle of the board I place that one and it kills him within two squares. This is especially great for those with shields because they have no defence from behind.

I did use the TNT often but not sure if it was this early in the game.

For the invisible guys you need the black cannons, nothing else will work but they aren't expensive. They can also be used as a good line of defence behind the barrels.

Thereafter try the cannons that shoot three balls because you need less of them.
Of course the key is to place barrels to block them.

But if you're still stuck give me a day or two and I'll try to play the game to level 4.9 and see if I can help you more.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 14, 15 8:24 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!! LEVEL 4.9 + LEVEL 4.10

For both levels I had the following weapons:
1. Silver Chest
2. Double pink catapult
3. Wood
4. Barrel
5. Fire Cannon
6. Bomb (the one that costs 125 - the bigger one)
7.Small Blue cannon that shoots backwards & forwards
8. Double yellow cannon (if you haven't bought all the slots yet, you can skip this one)

I started by placing silver chests. I let the skeletons walk in to about 5 blocks in and then placed a small blue cannon behind them. By the time the entry level pirates were done I had placed 8 silver chests, 2 x 2 on each side of the gap.

I then did the following: place small blue cannons on block 3 where there wasn't one, behind the pirate where possible, and a barrel in front of it.
Then I started placing weapons, giving preference to the double pink catapult in the row just in front of the chests and placing barrels until all my row 2 had barrels on them, all my row 3 had a small blue cannon (except for the gap), but with that exception I had the same weapons on the gap but only placed wood when and where I needed a weapon.
I then placed the fire cannon and double yellow as they became available on the rows in between the catapult and small blue cannon. I had a row empty. On level 4.9 with this strategy I didn't need my bomb.

On level 4.10 there was twice a large onslaught with shields - these I bombed. I also had pirates break through my barrels with shields - I then placed the little blue cannon behind them (it also works if you place them on the block they're standing).

I did not have invisible pirates on this level nor yet the black cannons that shoots them. I did have the light blue pirates with the large earrings - those can only be defeated using fire or bombs - that's why I had the fire cannons.

So the final configuration for every lane except the gap lane was: chest, chest, pink catapult, fire cannon, yellow double cannon, blue cannon, barrel. (The catapult, barrel and fire cannon being the critically important weapons here.)

Another tip: on the main screen there is an info button that will give you some info about the pirates and weapons as well.

Go to: