Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

STOP THE SPAMS

[Post New]by Nilosh on Mar 10, 15 4:11 AM
SERIOUSLY; WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!

What is BFG planning to do with the SPAM problem that we are having of late? Seriously, there are over 100 spam and I cannot find the reviews for todays game. This is becoming an infestation problem and it really has to stop!
Thank you

Edited on 03/10/2015 at 4:13:13 AM PST

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:STOP THE SPAMS

[Post New]by silver64 on Mar 10, 15 4:27 AM

I agree. I came for reviews but got nothing but SPAM. I know they are probably doing their best but its getting pretty frustrating now. I tend not to try and definitely wont buy until I have read reviews.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 10, 15 4:36 AM
The Mods have repeatedly posted that we should click on the Red Exclamtion Mark to report it and if enough people do it will disappear until the mods get into the office and can completely remove it.

So why don't we all report it?

@silver64 - there are already 2 reviews on the game page, however I disagree with both of them and will be writing a review soon as I am enjoying the game.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Mar 10, 15 4:44 AM
nearly 11.45am here and the spam is still here, come on BFG get this sorted, I would have thought you would have someone monitoring these as it seems to be a regular occurrence now, you need some night shift people to come in and check the status of your site, getting to the stage of leaving this site as it's getting to much.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Mar 10, 15 5:52 AM
Yowza! You would think that with all of the computer geeks and experienced (ahem) people employed by BFG, someone would have come up with a programmable deterrent for these annoying and incoherent ijits. Seriously??!! Twelve pages of Spam?!? Yah, as if we are all going to respond or open even one of them. I know I wouldn't for fear of the consequences of obtaining a nasty virus.

Some of the folks at BF need to go to the drawing board and come up with something to thwart the attack on "OUR" forums. It's getting to be on the edge of a really bad joke with an even worse punchline. It was kind of amusing the first time seeing them, but now....

BF.....Are ya listening?

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Mar 10, 15 6:30 AM
Thanks for bringing the spam to our attention. The first thing the moderators do when they get into the office in the early morning is clear out the spam posts, so thank you for your patience as we work quickly to get this removed. The posting of spam is often automated, and we're definitely looking into ways to try to prevent it from happening at all.

For future reference, it's really helpful for us to clear out the spam faster if you just click on the ! in the top right corner of the post. We understand if you'd rather not take the time to click on this on each post, but with enough reports, this will remove the spam from appearing in the threads until we can get into the office and delete it.

The concern about the spam is understandable, but we can assure you that clicking the ! on spam posts will not cause any kind of harm or threat to your computer. These posts are usually text posts, but if you happen to see any URLS in these posts, we recommend not visiting those links or visiting any other sites that are unfamiliar to you.

While we do understand how frustrating it can be to see all of the spam suddenly appear, we do ask that users refrain from creating threads about spam in the Forums. This will help us to streamline our current process and will also help to keep the Forums tidy instead of adding on to the issue at hand.

Since this thread discussing spam has been addressed and as we have with other threads about spam, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

bfgGlithui

Go to: