powl1247
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Turning day into night.

[Post New]by powl1247 on Jun 6, 09 4:04 PM
I am really stuck! After multiple tries on my won, I consulted the walkthrough but it doesn't help me. I have followed the numeric directions but it still didn't work. What am I missing here?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Turning day into night.

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 7, 09 6:17 AM
I'm not sure what is in the walkthrough but here is what works for me.

Turning Day into Night

1. Use the small key to unlock the box and get the Magic Book and put the book in the reading place.
2. Replace the 8 planet globes to the shelves after they have been scattered.
3. Put the view finder on the telescope.
4. In the Magic Book, click on the “Turning day into night” sentence and the page will turn to a drawing of our solar system.
5. The words on the left page are the slightly mixed up names of the planets in our solar system. Click on the mixed up names of the planets in the order they are from the sun, starting with the closest to the sun. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.
6. Then click on the moon half of the picture in the center of the right page.
7. Leave the book and the room will be dark.
8. Now you can insert a lens in the telescope, if you haven’t already done it.
9. Click on the view finder and search for the constellations.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/07/2009 at 6:18:42 AM PST

[Post New]by smudge80746 on Jun 8, 09 11:25 AM
I've lost a lens - I've forged tqice and can't the third time because I can't find a third lens. I also don't have the first two talisman in my inventory. Do I have to start the game over?

[Post New]by smudge80746 on Jun 8, 09 11:27 AM
i can't get the third mold because I fdon't have another lens - I have used two. I also don't have the first forges in my inventory

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 8, 09 11:33 AM
I believe you get more lenses when you get to Lillith's area. With those, you can make more dream jewels.

[Post New]by legodelicto on Jun 8, 09 11:54 AM
smudge80746 wrote:i can't get the third mold because I fdon't have another lens - I have used two. I also don't have the first forges in my inventory

Hi -- You DO have the first two fairy pins you forged, they just don't show up down below. Look in your journal, on the bottom right, and you will see at the top that there are 2 tabs. If you click on "Dreams" it will show you the amulets/fairy pins that you have already made.

Once you have used those two to get into a new area, they you will begin to see lenses again, which you should pick up and put into your inventory. The lenses can only be used one at a time. You must turn day into night each tiime you use a lens. When you locate the constellation that conforms with the group of stars revealed to you by your lens, a new mold will go into your inventory -- 2 lenses, 2 molds.

When you have the molds, return to the forge area, and make your new 3-jeweled amulet. The amulets are used in the nexus room. When you press either of the 2 levers on either side of that central "thing", the doorways spin. When you see 3 new colored jewels, a cover will slide open on the central stand, and a small magnifying glass will appear. That is your cue to insert 2 of your amulets into the available positions and rotate them until the combination of colors is the same as the colors of the amulet at the top. When that happens, you may now go through the nexus to the next room which will lead you to another area, more puzzles, more lense. Your must keep repeating this process, and cannot skip areas.

Go to: