Putting Out The Fire

[Post New]by cbjarrett on Jun 7, 09 3:27 AM
Forgive me, but does anyone else feel that not only does Holmes look like a retard in his "disguise", but he acts like one when it comes making tracks back to the fire. I've been at this forever. . . got the path down to a tee, yet Holmes always does this "turn around, scratch your head" kind of act beating feet back with the bucket of water. I'm standing there with bucket in hand over the fire, and the damn time runs out. I've gotta take a break. This has, otherwise, been a really fun game. Had to vent. Have fun, and if anyone has any tips of how to get Holme's feet to move like speedy gonzalas, I'm all ears.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

Re:Putting Out The Fire

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 7, 09 8:04 AM
Yes he moves way tooooo slow and it is also driving me crazy.

lilkim66
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by lilkim66 on Jun 7, 09 11:03 AM
I would like to smack him with the bucket. I'm not doing to badly time wise on the way to the pond. but he's a real klutz with the pail. Then when we head up the small path away from the pond. I have trouble geting him moving. Got to find just the right hot spot. The best I've done is get to the begining on the small trail up to ruins. then I run out of time I've done this part so many times I'm starting to dream i'm running through the woods.. Oh My. Good luck all

lilkim66

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 7, 09 8:10 PM
Here is an idea, on your best time save the game, then start from that save and try to get through. I agree at the pond is a nightmare to get him out of there. I think there are exact spots to click and only those. GAAWD I hate these kind of timed sequences.

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on Jun 10, 09 1:34 PM
saving the game at the pond doesn't work either. Tried it I think the person is right in saying the clock has caused a problem with this game.

lilkim66
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by lilkim66 on Jun 13, 09 7:30 AM
Well I'm making some progress. A couple of times I got right up to the fire, them time ran out. I'll keep trying for awhile. hate to ask for saved game. They should have a better interface with this game. Or made the time of puzzle longer.

lilkim66
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by lilkim66 on Jun 13, 09 11:52 AM
I DID IT !!!! I finally got the fire out.Woo Hoo!!! I have been stuck on this for at least 10 days.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 13, 09 7:19 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! I would give anything to be in that position. Any tips to share with the less fortunate?

lilkim66
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by lilkim66 on Jun 14, 09 5:34 AM
practice, practice , practice. I figured to make it. I needed to be at the pond,with water in pail , while timer was still green. when I got a really good run. I saved the game at that point. Then kept doing the return run till I got it. I"m going to think twice before I get another Frogware game. I have had problems with some of their other game. If they were going to make the timing on this so tight they should have made SH easer to control. Good Luck

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 14, 09 6:40 PM
I like your strategy, I was thinking of something along those lines. I am going to try it. Thank you for the tips.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 17, 09 1:02 PM
Thanks so much to Lilkim I am holding a small party for you here to celebrate me finally getting through "putting out the fire" using your strategy. It worked for me. Now I can finish this great game that I really enjoyed except this one part

lusi1127
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lusi1127 on Jun 18, 09 4:15 PM
Could Sherlock possibly be any slower.I'll be bald by the time I finish this part.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 18, 09 6:48 PM
Use the strategy of Lilkim, it will get you through faster. and no he could not possibly be any slower

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Jun 18, 09 7:29 PM
I'm glad other people had a problem with this. After I went thru it a couple of times and ran out of time, learned to save it when he left the fire, then at the water. I agree he moves too slow especially picking up the blasted bucket. I was right at time up when I got back to the fire and hoped it would not make me start from the water again.

lusi1127
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lusi1127 on Jun 19, 09 12:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I did use the suggestions about saving,it worked.Took about six tries,but it's done. I do believe I heard the Angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus and I'm not bald.

alfoil
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by alfoil on Aug 16, 09 3:34 PM
like everybody else i am on my 50th attempt at the forest/fire section of sh. i found that uhs hints have a map you can follow. from all the blogs i have read the best way to go is to practise like mad and save on a good run through. i must admit that i also think that this section does spoil the game but will perservere with it. i wish everyone luck. cheers.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Aug 16, 09 7:28 PM
This one is a little hard to explain. but you can see it on youtube. There are two ways to the ruins. You have to click the mouse to make him run. Go down the path , past the pond, around the tree to the left, down the path , see a jug pass it there is tree limb over path to right go under it , there is path on the right take that one. There is a bottle of wine by the path. go down the path, he says I smell smoke. go on He says I must get something to put out this fire. get the jug and go to the pond. Go put out the fire. Click the mouse to make him run.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 12, 12 6:23 PM
My fire has been burning now for almost two years! I will Never Buy Another Game By Frogwares if it has any kind of timer in it. I play game to relax, not become totally stressed. Think I prefer my Sherlock in the pages of a book. This game was a mistake.

suetyler
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by suetyler on Jan 13, 13 9:02 PM
Same. I've been working on this for days. I know the path backwards and forwards, but Holmes can't move fast enough. The interface for this game is bad. Even with the hotspots, he just stands there while the clock runs out. I've liked the other Sherlock Holmes games, but this is one that I can't finish. I've made a note to not buy any more Frogwares games, because their technical interface is faulty. It's very frustrating when you are completely able to finish a game, but the structure of the game is so badly done that it prevents you from moving forward. This was a waste of time and money. I don't even get to see the end of it.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Jan 18, 13 11:25 PM
I agree. the fire is pretty hard to manage. You you first find the pond remember. there is a little path around the tree. when you go down the wide path there is a bucket by the side of the road. If you can make him run he will get there faster.the more you click the mouse the fast he runs. when you get to the end of that path there is a cross road. you straight across to roadand there is a wine bottle on the path before you get to the place where he says I smell smoke. It easy to get lost in the woods. always go to the left where the branch is across the road. Once you put out the fire it goes under gound. There are smoking papers. but they are too damaged. You have to look around in the basement. there is a loose brick and there is a note. that is what he gets.

Go to: