Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Mar 11, 15 12:48 PM
VickyS82,
We all run out of things from time to time, I also ran out of plain stamps earlier in my game, put them on your wish list & hopefully your friends will get you out of this temporary lack of them.
It's all part of the fun of the game!

 
Vernitax3
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by Vernitax3 on Mar 11, 15 1:06 PM
I also ran out of plain stamps. Of all things to be short on but I put them on my wish list, figured out I could list for four things and my friends came thru. I also used my pets unmercifully. Cheered when they were not gold chests because they gave a lot of plain stamps. Eventually I made it thru. I am on level 59 now waiting for the update. Good luck

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 11, 15 4:14 PM
Try not to let yourself get too low on any item. It makes no sense, but if you need them you won't get them, and if you've got them you'll get more. Just play a number of rounds without questing and you'll build up your reserves.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 11, 15 4:45 PM
WE are not out of stamps, you are.

I'm going to guess that you like to craft for coins. There are many threads about crafting for coins and the consequences of doing so.

Those of us who don't craft for coins, or who once did but stopped that practice once the first stamp 'shortage' was reported, don't run out of stamps.

The hidden object scenes give an airship item 100% of the time. In addition, 50% of the time, the ho's give one of the following: a stamp, pet food, gift for a friend.

Airship items may be low on YOUR priority list. Other routinely send the ship because doing so gets them...wait for it...one to three stamps and one pet food.

rosiebvt has given you excellent advise. Forget about the quests and crafting, even when you get the minimum amount of stamps you need to move on, and build up your inventory. Once you build up your reserves, when you craft, keep an eye on how many you have and never let your total fall below a set amount, no matter how anxious you are to move forward.

The games has an interesting balance.

HO's give you coins, airship items, stamps, and pet food.
Airships give you coins, stamps, and pet food
Pets give you coin, stamps, and crystal balls and wands.

While you don't need to send airships or feed pets, ignoring one facet of the game can deprive you of items needed.

 
athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by athwick on Mar 11, 15 8:29 PM
Airships give you coin! I'm being cheated. And don't hate the crafters; we're having fun too.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 11, 15 8:59 PM
athwick wrote:Airships give you coin! I'm being cheated. And don't hate the crafters; we're having fun too.


I don't hate the crafters, however, crafters shouldn't expect the game to be redesigned to suit their style of play. Play the way you want, but own the consequences.

If you don't watch your stamps, you will not have any for the things you have to craft for quests. I don't craft for coins, and I have close to 2,000 plain stamps (I'm on level 55). So clearly, the game is giving them.

The airship gives you coins at the time you load the items on it. It's the same amount as if you had sold those items. Watch you coin total the next time you load an airship.

 
julz1950
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by julz1950 on Mar 11, 15 10:43 PM
I lost an entire page of inventory and ALL my plain stamps with the last update so it isn't just people crafting for coin who are short. It's hard to amass enough of them to cover legitimate crafting when an update snatches more than 500 of them in one fell swoop, and this is where the more you have the more you get comes in. Thanks to all my friends who are contributing, you are the best!

 
blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Mar 11, 15 11:09 PM
At one point I ran low on unique stamps. I started to do the rounds collecting items from HOS without playing the game forward. I did this for a long time. Before I knew it because I didn't use the unique stamps little by little I got a few here and there but because the amount I had build up I started to get more and more of them all the time. Now I have over 170 of them and I never run out because for a while I just waited patiently and collected. It's boring but it pays to do so. Also that way you get a lot of coins and items and once you start to do the quests again you advance easily 2-3 levels before you have to stop to stockpile again. Also I noticed if I gift friends some stamps they ask for I immediately will get those exact same stamps from HOS, pets, airship etc., it's like I'm being rewarded for being generous. Like someone said, it makes no sense but the more you hve an item or a stamp etc the more of that you'll get. So in order to have a lot so you can continuously keep getting a lot of it you have to stop and collect, it's the only thing that helps. I didn't even know about crafting for coins, I just heard about it. I'm running low on coins and can't advance right now but I've decided not to craft for coins, I will do the boring rounds, maybe listen to music while I do so, and slowly but surely get more coins... for me that works well.

 
aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Mar 12, 15 1:27 AM
Hi Athwick!

I noticed you said you were being cheated by the airship. When you next send the airship, look carefully as you crate up an item you will see a '+amount of coin' (in orange) rise to the top of the airship screen. This amount is automatically added to your coin balance. There is no other notification you have collected the coins for sending the airship. Check your balance before & after you send the airship and you will see that you have been paid (not cheated!). It took many of us a long time to realise this too. Glad to hear you are having fun & hope you continue to enjoy this game. Happy gaming!

Edited on 03/12/2015 at 2:14:22 AM PST


 
susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 15, 15 12:04 PM
aussie_Dot wrote:Hi Athwick!

Check your balance before & after you send the airship and you will see that you have been paid (not cheated!).


yep

 
VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Mar 28, 15 1:20 PM
TiramaSue wrote:WE are not out of stamps, you are.

I'm going to guess that you like to craft for coins. There are many threads about crafting for coins and the consequences of doing so.

Those of us who don't craft for coins, or who once did but stopped that practice once the first stamp 'shortage' was reported, don't run out of stamps.

The hidden object scenes give an airship item 100% of the time. In addition, 50% of the time, the ho's give one of the following: a stamp, pet food, gift for a friend.

Airship items may be low on YOUR priority list. Other routinely send the ship because doing so gets them...wait for it...one to three stamps and one pet food.

rosiebvt has given you excellent advise. Forget about the quests and crafting, even when you get the minimum amount of stamps you need to move on, and build up your inventory. Once you build up your reserves, when you craft, keep an eye on how many you have and never let your total fall below a set amount, no matter how anxious you are to move forward.

The games has an interesting balance.

HO's give you coins, airship items, stamps, and pet food.
Airships give you coins, stamps, and pet food
Pets give you coin, stamps, and crystal balls and wands.

While you don't need to send airships or feed pets, ignoring one facet of the game can deprive you of items needed.




Actually, I do not ever craft for coins. I had a steady supply of 300+ plain stamps, so it never occurred to me that the supply was dwindling until I could not craft a QUEST item. So my original post was taking into consideration that 300+ in inventory should really never completely deplete given that they are used only for quest crafting. Good guess, but no.....

I am aware of the different facets of the game and the rewards. In fact, I send airships daily, as my inventory of those items is several hundred each. And I do feed pets, especially when coins are needed. Again, thank you for your input; however, my main point was that to go to zero from 300+ plain stamps indicates that they are not being replenished as I assumed they had been.

Edited on 03/28/2015 at 1:27:37 PM PST


 
VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Mar 28, 15 1:30 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
athwick wrote:Airships give you coin! I'm being cheated. And don't hate the crafters; we're having fun too.


I don't hate the crafters, however, crafters shouldn't expect the game to be redesigned to suit their style of play. Play the way you want, but own the consequences.

If you don't watch your stamps, you will not have any for the things you have to craft for quests. I don't craft for coins, and I have close to 2,000 plain stamps (I'm on level 55). So clearly, the game is giving them.

The airship gives you coins at the time you load the items on it. It's the same amount as if you had sold those items. Watch you coin total the next time you load an airship.



You're correct about the game being redesigned. And had that been the issue due to crafting for coin, your point is valid. In my case, it is not. I do not craft unless it's for a quest. But thanks for the input.

 
FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 28, 15 1:55 PM
I remember once being low of plain stamps and I couldn't believe it as I play a LOT and don't craft for coins and I didn't notice either. There must be a run of crafting somewhere which uses a heap of plain stamps. So I wouldn't say the game has been redesigned, it just seemed to happen in one part. Now, at level 61, I have thousands of them again. Just do the rounds, Vicky, and what you are already doing and they will soon build up again Good luck!

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 28, 15 4:00 PM
I have never been low in plain stamps or any other kind of stamps. Ever. And I'm on level 56.

And I've only had the luxury of waiting for an update once, for a total of maybe 3 days? So it's not a matter of me playing 24/7 doing endless rounds building up my inventory.

However, once somebody who crafted for coins mentioned running out/low of blue and green stamps, I started watching my stamps like a hawk. Whenever I noticed that I was using them faster than I was earning them, I stopped crafting for the quests and just did the rounds until I got the balances back up.

I'm in no hurry to get to the end of the quests, so now I try to only craft when I have a daily quest asking me to do so. I let the character quest sit there until then and just spend my time gathering inventory.

If you let your balance of stamps, pet food, or specific airship items get too low, the game appears to punish you and gives you everything but the item you're low on and you will have to do endless rounds to build your supply back up.

I figure it's better to delay finishing quests and restock before things become dire. That way, I get to choose when the quests get put on hold and avoid feeling frustrated because the game won't give me what I want.


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 28, 15 4:06 PM
FudgeChi wrote:I remember once being low of plain stamps and I couldn't believe it as I play a LOT and don't craft for coins and I didn't notice either. There must be a run of crafting somewhere which uses a heap of plain stamps. So I wouldn't say the game has been redesigned, it just seemed to happen in one part. Now, at level 61, I have thousands of them again. Just do the rounds, Vicky, and what you are already doing and they will soon build up again Good luck!


The update that took us from level 41 1885/3280 to Level 44 3085/3520 used over 600 plain stamps.

Every time you play a hidden object scene, you will get coins. The chance of getting a stamp of any color is 25%. Yet, for some reason, most people fixate on the number of coins needed by each update rather than worrying about whether they have enough stamps to make it all the way through.

 
bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by bayouguy on Mar 28, 15 4:58 PM
TiramaSue wrote:it's better to delay finishing quests and restock


Not to pick on you TS because every body is guilty of this. Please, please, please differentiate between Character Quests and Daily Quests. There is a big difference and a difference that is pertinent to this discussion.

Character Quests are much more difficult to ignore in the "heat" of playing. I think most of us are here for the fast pace of doing quests and flipping through screens as we accomplish quest after quest. That's where all the "bells and whistles" are in this game. It is kind of hard to give that up and be sensible and stop in the middle of that excitement.

The Daily Quests are much easier to give up, since they don't really advance the game much and their rewards are often not proportionate to the amount of inventory you spend on them.

Just a thought. Every time I read these posts I think "Well, are they talking about...?"

Thanks,

Gonzo

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 28, 15 5:34 PM
Sorry, Gonzo. I did mean character quests. But as difficult as it is to ignore a character quest to go gather inventory, if you run of stamps before you run out of character quests, you will be forced to ignore them.

Rather than be forced, I prefer to pick where I put character quests on hold. I can choose to linger on a quest that gives something my friends are looking for and feel like I'm still controlling the game rather than it is controlling me.

As long as we're nitpicking, I wish people wouldn't refer to 'the' game when talking about 'their' game. Everybody's game is different. Much depends on when you started playing.

I started the game when the first update was released. We had just received the new and improved airship which we packed with items that could only be used with the airship. And most of the time, the reward for sending the airship was pig food (remember pet-specific food?) and 3 unique stamps.

I had more unique stamps that plain, unusual and rare one combined and wondered why they were called unique when they were as common as muck. There were no daily quests and I was sending that airship out at least 4 times a day.

My second game was started later maybe just before the revamping of the pet food. So it never had the chance to accumulate an overabundance of unique stamps.

The first game made it through more old bow figurines than the second one. When daily quests were introduced, when I sent the airship out depended on which daily quest I received.

So here's two games, played by the same person, but the first one has so many more stamps than the second, and the second one has so many more airship items than the first.

I use the same strategy on both games, but the two games behave differently, partly because of when they were started, partly because at what level each one was on when changes (airship, dq's, pet food, revamping bow figurine, etc) to the program, partly because what you get from the hidden object scenes is random if you don't have a character quest sending you there, and partly because the program appears to reward or punish you based on how you handle your inventory.

At one point I had both games on the same level doing the same quest. They even had the same dq but the rewards for completing each section of the dq were different.

If 'the' game was being stingy about a particular item, I would experience it on both my games. But I don't.

 
ac5kat43
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by ac5kat43 on Mar 28, 15 5:37 PM
I'm only at level 25 but I have found that if you gift the items you want, you will get more of them later in your game play. At first, I was gifting wands because I didn't need them and had tons of them. So I would get lots of wands as the extra payout item when I played the HOSs... a bummer for me.

But since I started gifting a brown stamp everyday, I receive more of them from the HOSs and am a happy player. Yipee!! And I also stopped gifting wands and now I don't get them from the HOSs which works great for me. I'd rather get more pet food or stamps as the extra item when I finish a HOS instead of wands.

So that's why I'm always happy to gift to others any pet food, stamps, and any other item that I need!! Cus the game will usually give it back to me plus extra ones that day! Might be worth a try for your 'plain' stamps shortage. Kitty

PS - have only played 2 months and currently have 87 brown, 433 green, 801 blue, and 1356 plain stamps

Edited on 03/28/2015 at 5:48:35 PM PST


 
athwick
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:No Plain Stamps!!

[Post New]by athwick on Apr 2, 15 9:00 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
athwick wrote:Airships give you coin! I'm being cheated. And don't hate the crafters; we're having fun too.


The airship gives you coins at the time you load the items on it. It's the same amount as if you had sold those items. Watch you coin total the next time you load an airship.


Just re-enterd the forum to view this post. Thanks for the info about the airships. I had no idea we were being reimbursed for the items we send!

 
 
 
 
Go to: