Game Freezing

Game Freezing

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Mar 11, 15 3:01 PM
Is anyone else experiencing the game freezing? I cant seem to get started anywhere

Thanks! :

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Game Freezing

[Post New]by tdskm on Mar 11, 15 3:06 PM
had a problem earlier to day but it seems fine now. it is really annoying when you are in the middle of something.Good Luck Iam playing on firefox

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Mar 11, 15 3:08 PM
We have had huge updates( Windows,etc) lately. I know your expedition was a success so maybe check to see if you are holding to many updates in your memory.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Mar 11, 15 3:23 PM
I did that today much to my surprise, didn't know there were so many , that helped earlier but now its even worse. Its just been one big glitch all day. Very annoying especially when I'm using talismans, what a waste

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Mar 11, 15 3:24 PM
Yeah me too. I've had to go straight from my web page (MSN) to Big Fish to log in. I use IE. It seems to be OK now.

Good Luck star

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 11, 15 3:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I see that there are some players having freezing issues in this particular game. That definitely doesn't seem like any fun. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

Thank you margboul for the fantastic tip of checking updates. If you are still seeing this issue, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team. They can help to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Mar 11, 15 3:59 PM
clm5457 wrote:Yeah me too. I've had to go straight from my web page (MSN) to Big Fish to log in. I use IE. It seems to be OK now.

Good Luck star

Thanks clm, I'll try that.

vrc111
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by vrc111 on Mar 11, 15 5:52 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi everyone,

I see that there are some players having freezing issues in this particular game. That definitely doesn't seem like any fun. I'm so sorry to hear about that.

Thank you margboul for the fantastic tip of checking updates. If you are still seeing this issue, I recommend to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support Team</a>. They can help to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

vrc111
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by vrc111 on Mar 11, 15 6:01 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you margboul for the fantastic tip of checking updates. If you are still seeing this issue, I recommend to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support Team</a>. They can help to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Your comments are probably well intentioned but honestly, Big Games does absolutely nothing to solve problems. We have had to, and will continue to, contact the developers to solve issues. Have a nice day.

felonarune
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by felonarune on Mar 11, 15 6:21 PM
I am new to ROM. I see the mention of updates. Are you referring to computer or game updates? If it is game updates how do you get them?

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Mar 11, 15 6:48 PM
felonarune wrote:I am new to ROM. I see the mention of updates. Are you referring to computer or game updates? If it is game updates how do you get them?

I was refering to computer updates. Windows, etc. had quite a few today.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 12, 15 12:09 AM
This has been an ongoing problem few a week or so now..visiting takes forever. receiving gifts takes time. The server goes down " ERROR" I was in the middle of the Karstic Meadows/Maze trying to take the chest tonight when the server went down again!!! . During the last couple of quest I say a pray when taking my reward chest that the server doesn't go down and all is lost...really what is going on here???
We players are serious about our game and put allot of effort and time into what we do, we should not have to take a chance that all could be lost in a minute because of a server issue. We all know that Comps. & Duels are an issue, but this is not the same situation. I play at all different times of the day, night and early hours of the morning such as now 3:09AM or 03:09hrs.
I do not feel as though, at least in my case this is an update issue, 31 of them were automatically done on 3/10 - this problem was happening prior to, and continues too.
Thank you.

Edited on 03/12/2015 at 2:34:43 PM PST

nixe2000
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by nixe2000 on Mar 12, 15 2:36 AM
I have problems too: Yesterday it was about 5 times that I played a room and at the end, nothing happened, the game didn't go on. I made all computer updates and hoped that this was it, but today it already happened twice again. Even after a computer restart, it froze again.
That's a lot of energy lost.

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Game Freezing

[Post New]by margboul on Mar 12, 15 6:58 AM
starmagicgreen wrote:Is anyone else experiencing the game freezing? I cant seem to get started anywhere

Thanks! :

Could it have been a premontion of today's new game "time freeze"

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Mar 12, 15 10:31 AM
Margboul,
You gave me laugh with your comment.iam on my way from a bad day at
Work and needed a good chuckle. Thanks.

Game Freezing

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Mar 12, 15 1:03 PM
margboul wrote:
starmagicgreen wrote:Is anyone else experiencing the game freezing? I cant seem to get started anywhere

Thanks! :

Good one! I also have had a bad day at work and am still here! But sure needed this laugh!

Thanks

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Game Freezing

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Mar 12, 15 1:44 PM
margboul wrote:

Thanks! :

Perhaps it is the steady stream of complaints to developers that inspired this offer. It could have had a little more inspiration. Maybe adding creatures to have duels with?

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Mar 12, 15 2:10 PM
I haven't had the problems you describe. The only time I experience anything like that is when I leave my computer for a relatively long period of time with ROM open. When I come back, the first time I click on something, it will say that there was an interruption in service (or something like that) and it will automatically refresh the game for me.

Here are some reasons that I might not be experiencing what you guys are:

- It's regional. I don't live in the cold part of the country.

- I'm a pretty light player. I don't do comps or duels or anything other than the offers, really. And I pay crystals to make the time in the room as short as possible. I love ROM but I can only take so much of it.

- I've seen several of you mention that you use Internet Explorer as your browser. IE is notoriously unstable. Plus, starting in April you will no longer get updates to fix glitches or to update virus protection because Microsoft will no longer support IE.

I use Firefox and I can't recommend it enough. Anyone who wants to switch can just go to mozilla.com. You'll see where it says "Download Firefox". Click on that and they will walk you through everything you need to know or do.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about browsers.

Hope this helps.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 12, 15 2:45 PM
SunFlash,
I use Google Chrome as a browser; I have never ever had a problem with them with anything at any time. On the other hand people who use IE have had problems playing ROM, and as far as Firefox it was on the news that people are not satisfied.
You can download Google Chrome for free - just remove Firefox. Although I have IE & Chrome on my Laptop without any problems; just can't run both at the same time....lol.
Good luck

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Mar 12, 15 3:23 PM
It is amazing how varied and similiar problems are with browsers. My browsing was limited to email when I used IE and Safari. I discovered Firefox and my problems dropped dramatically. I have a routine to narrow down the problem. I switch BF on line games to see if any of them have a problem Coincidentally, I discovered that there is an overlap with 1 that I play quit a bit. I may or may not have problems with it if ROM is freezing. But, if I have a problem with it, ROM is always freezing. I have sent several Dr Felix reports about this. I do switch browsers to help determine if problems are game, browser or cable service problems. I have even followed another players advice and gone to the nearby library or WiFi location when game freezes seem out of control. I have even switched computers Mac/Windows. The vast percentage of time, it is related to the game.

Go to: