Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 13, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/13/2015 at 6:16:18 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 13, 15 6:16 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Dimensions: Homecoming here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Dimensions: Homecoming.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 13, 15 11:21 PM
biscuitsmama wrote: The game was interesting for about the first few minutes and then it descended into one tediously INTERACTIVE HOS after another. When will developers ever learn that variety is what makes a game interesting. I long for the days of straightforward HOS rather than the ones where I have to search endlessly for something I finally happen to click that will start the ball rolling. Not only were the HOS tedious, I encountered one idiotic puzzle after another to make any progress. I have often commented that I find puzzles to be my favorite part of HOPA games but in Homecoming the overload becomes tedious, which seems to have become my favorite word to describe some of the latest HOPA games to be released.
dancemom1 wrote:Story didn't grab me and the constant need to burn the red vines got real old real quick.
I could not agree more. I didn't even get through the demo.

Edited on 03/13/2015 at 11:26:59 PM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Mar 15, 15 4:11 AM
Well, I disagree vehemently with the first two reviews .. I thought it was one of the best games I've played for a while. No morphing objects or collectables, true, .. but let's face it .. who really cares?

The graphics are lovely, and the puzzles so innovative, many made me smile with surprise and delight (especially the 'snooker' one), and the HOS's were very different too. There's always something to do, and the game is pacey, and surprisingly long for an SE.

Nothing too taxing, just GREAT fun. I'd give it 5 stars any day. In fact I'd have written a proper review and submitted it, except the the 'Review' page has gone all glitchy, and I couldn't.

Jo

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 19, 15 8:47 AM
A fairly easy, free flowing game. I had no technical issues and found the game fun and relaxing. HOGs were varied and very interactive even though there were a lot of them, and I actually I looked forward to playing them. Mini games were also fun and creative and somewhat easy although like the billiard game took some time, but they were not tedious like some I encounter. I did skip some mostly because the directions were confusing.

Voiceovers were pleasant, but I did shut off the music. I'm not one to play with music going in any game. There were cut-scenes but they were short and usually had a game associated within them. Great color and animations, however the characters were a bit "stiff" and I suspect spoke a different language because their lips didn't move with the voiceover...doesn't bother me, but I know that bothers some gamers. For those who like all those morphing, achievement bells and whistles, this game thankfully, does not have them.

Story was not unique...haunted house possessed by a dark demon who wants to take over the town in revenge for a past issue. Transporter map was excellent, but you had to learn how to use it a bit...and at times you had to use your head.

The doggie was cute, but I always find those animal "helpers" a bit annoying and unnecessary. I think you'll like this game, it didn't bowl me over or stress me out, but I enjoyed playing it. The game was a good length and the ending closed it out.
I give it a 4 out of 5.

Edited on 03/19/2015 at 8:52:53 AM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 30, 15 12:12 PM
Based on completed game:
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

Lovely game! 30 locations w/ tons to do made it an extremely long game. Played over 3-4 days as there's a lot going on.

Best part? The sheer variety of puzzles & mini-games w/ diff. levels of challenge all in one game. HOPs were interactive (1st time) and regular (2nd time). The red, red vine part wasn't as tedious as I'd feared (in the demo).

Rocky, the canine helper, was a bit overused, but, who can grudge his loving face?! Colours were a bit much.....had to reduce colour value from 50 to 30 on TV. Graphics were clear. For a few times, cut scenes felt a bit overdone.

Overall, this hell hath no fury than a woman who renovates as hubby gets in her way was a great standalone SE.

[Post New]by marystacy55 on Apr 12, 15 6:00 PM
I bought the game "Dark Dimensions Homecoming, but wnen I reached a certain part of it . It ended maybe on chapter 3 and said I was finished with the Demo. How can I get the rest. I have been with Big Fish a long time. Years Help please

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 20, 15 8:56 AM
roaming wrote:
biscuitsmama wrote: The game was interesting for about the first few minutes and then it descended into one tediously INTERACTIVE HOS after another. When will developers ever learn that variety is what makes a game interesting. I long for the days of straightforward HOS rather than the ones where I have to search endlessly for something I finally happen to click that will start the ball rolling. Not only were the HOS tedious, I encountered one idiotic puzzle after another to make any progress. I have often commented that I find puzzles to be my favorite part of HOPA games but in Homecoming the overload becomes tedious, which seems to have become my favorite word to describe some of the latest HOPA games to be released.
dancemom1 wrote:Story didn't grab me and the constant need to burn the red vines got real old real quick.
I could not agree more. I didn't even get through the demo.

ditto!

Go to: