azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

game won't open for me anymore :(

[Post New]by azzie on Jun 7, 09 10:19 PM
I loooove this game - so does my daughter. We played it lots for about two days and then all of a sudden it wouldn't open anymore.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

I have a Mac - have tried deleting the game and re-downloading it three times... nothing seems to work.

Re:game won't open for me anymore :(

[Post New]by krytess on Jun 8, 09 2:06 PM
I'm having the same problem!

jrl64
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jrl64 on Jun 12, 09 5:43 PM
Make that three. Also a Mac user

jrl64
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jrl64 on Jun 12, 09 10:43 PM
Not sure why it happened, but if you trash the preferences folder the game will run again. However, you will have lost everything.

MrsJD
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MrsJD on Jun 13, 09 2:34 PM
Hi Sorry to be hopeless but how do you 'trash the preferences folder'?

[Post New]by chel19ce on Jun 14, 09 7:24 AM
I am having the exact same issue. It is very frustrating. Not sure how to trash preferences folder... Help?

[Post New]by BallOfDoom on Jul 4, 09 5:05 PM
Same thing is happening to me too. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling several times to no avail and when I try to contact BFG Help, the page will never load. I don't know how to trash the Preferences but if it results in me having to start all over again I really would like to avoid having to do that. Hopefully someone from BFG will see this thread and have another solution since I can't contact them directly!

[Post New]by janenola on Sep 14, 09 10:03 AM
I'm having the same problem!

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Sep 15, 09 3:47 PM
Ditto.

[Post New]by kenyonmom on Sep 16, 09 3:36 PM
Same here...Glad to hear it's just not my computer....my be a glitch in the game...and I really like this one.

[Post New]by dazidiva on Oct 13, 09 3:51 PM
I have a mac and the same thing happened =( I hope this problem can et fixed I love this game

[Post New]by Mayabear on Dec 8, 09 3:54 PM
Same problem here. Total bummer, as I was starting to enjoy it. This is one of the better games I have found on Bigfish. I tried deleting what I thought was the preferences folder, but still couldn't get the game to work. I am not sure if that's the best fix anyway, because if the game starts crashing again, you would just lose your progress all over again.

Would love to hear if anyone was actually able to complete the game without having it crash.. If not, then maybe it shouldn't be available for purchase until the kinks are worked out?

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Jun 6, 10 6:52 AM
There's an easy way to find the game files, as a mac user.
1. Go to Dock, click to open the Finder. On the Left column, click the House Icon.
2. Double-click to open the Library folder, then open the Preferences folder.
3. Trash the Wandering Willows game folder

matthlo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by matthlo on Jun 21, 10 12:28 PM
same here when im done creating my player it doesnt load

[Post New]by nical7982 on Jun 24, 10 10:24 AM
i have been having the same problem i have contacted bfg waiting for them to get back to me hopefully i really like this game too
has anyone else got the error code 0xFFFF0379 ?

Growlpaws
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Growlpaws on Jun 29, 10 7:36 AM
<has anyone else got the error code 0xFFFF0379 ?>

My PC version did that yesterday, when I deleted one game & tried to start another. BFG haven't got back yet, but I hope it can be fixed.

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:game goes to an error message after it says you have to select your avatar

[Post New]by Nocturne on Jun 29, 10 1:21 PM
and you hit "OK." Might it be because I keep getting some Flashsomething "your computer already has a higher version; if you want to download an old version go to _______" which flashes by too quickly for me to get the whole message. I'm assuming this is an old game and whatever the animation depends on to do the game is now way outdated and other games (or whatever) have automatically upgraded that animation thing so the old game no longer will play? I went to a different game site and downloaded it there and it plays just fine. But I'd rather buy from BFG so if anyone has any fixes for a PC, we'd be glad to hear it. Thanks.

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Jul 1, 10 4:48 PM
I am having the same problem on my laptop...granted, this laptop is about 3 years old...but, I haven't had any problems with other games - it even plays FS. With WW every time I get to the avatar page and click play - it freezes and gives me the same error as mentioned above - I really want to buy this game so I hope there is a fix. I have done the whole uninstall/reinstall thing twice...no joy.

I thought I would look at the forums to see if there were others with the same trouble...if no solution gets posted, I will contact CS next week.

[Post New]by chgamer on Jul 5, 10 12:07 PM
On my PC running Windows XP SP 3, I found that it was an incompatibility with the Flash 10.1 player. What you have to do is uninstall Flash, run Wandering Willows, create your avatar, and then reinstall the Flash player. Once I got past the avatar screen doing this, I could play the game.

[Post New]by coolyasmina on Jul 6, 10 8:35 AM
hi i bought the gmae and i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
my laptop is hp home premium
and i cant wait to play the game help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Go to: