Re:Post any game related technical issues here only

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 28, 16 4:07 PM
@ engineermotie: Sorry for the delay in my reply.

The numbers listed in red on the items to craft the trinkets are how many of each component you need, ie 7 Gold bars.

Each component costs 2 Bush Bucks, so if you need 7, the cost for all of them will be 14 Bush Bucks, when the confirmation comes up and says "Purchase 7 xxxxx?"

Sorry for any confusion.

--

@ dancer: Sorry about that. Amazon randomly restarted our server, but Justin had it fixed within half an hour.

[Post New]by Mystery_Fan on Jan 29, 16 1:49 PM
I recently upgraded to latest version of Java 8 and now I can no longer successfully launch/play Bush **** on-line. Impact all browsers e.g. IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Any plans to update BW2 for new Java version?

Edited on 01/29/2016 at 1:50:33 PM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 29, 16 4:58 PM
Mystery_Fan wrote:I recently upgraded to latest version of Java 8 and now I can no longer successfully launch/play Bush **** on-line. Impact all browsers e.g. IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Any plans to update BW2 for new Java version?

Hi Mystery_Fan,

BW2 is an Adobe Flash game. I'm not quite sure why the new Java would be preventing it from working.

Sorry about that,

Erika

[Post New]by engineermotie on Jan 31, 16 1:41 PM
erika_kramer1 wrote:@ engineermotie: Sorry for the delay in my reply.

The numbers listed in red on the items to craft the trinkets are how many of each component you need, ie 7 Gold bars.

Each component costs 2 Bush Bucks, so if you need 7, the cost for all of them will be 14 Bush Bucks, when the confirmation comes up and says "Purchase 7 xxxxx?"

Sorry for any confusion.

--

@ dancer: Sorry about that. Amazon randomly restarted our server, but Justin had it fixed within half an hour.

...aaaaaaaaahh. Apologies, I misunderstood! It's all so clear now.

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Feb 16, 16 3:32 PM
Once again I'm getting the error message on the game manager's app for the game that reads:
Failed to load user data. Please refresh and/or try loading the game in a different web browser.
Array ( [network] => bigfish [user_name] => null [api_ret] => {"userName":"","userToken":null,"sessInfo":null,"isv":2,"time":1455664618,"sig":"3846ce5df0ea29fb5a4a5e25ebc6d46da7892862ab61804e92e5478cffdd071a"} )

It started about a week or so ago. Haven't sent in a ticket yet as the Last time this happened, filing a report accomplished nothing but get my blood pressure up.
I am aware that it can be played on other browsers besides whatever the gm uses.
I am merely letting you and other gamers know there's a possible problem.
It had been lagging pretty bad up to that point and now it just loads that message.
I haven't had any trouble with any other games that I use the gm app for. Not gummy drop, not midnight castle, not dark manor, or nightfall or awakening kingdom.
BW2 is the only one that gives me a problem.
And, nope, I didn't have anything else running at the times either. When I play a game, it's all I'm doing. I'm not what you'd call a multi-tasker.
I did a diagnostic on my comp and net and no problems whatsoever. So it's all on BW2's end. [shrugs]

[edits] Decided to send in a ticket after all. I don't have high expectations that it'll accomplish much but I did it anyway.

Edited on 02/16/2016 at 3:43:46 PM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Feb 17, 16 9:30 AM
kstormgemini wrote:Once again I'm getting the error message on the game manager's app for the game that reads:
Failed to load user data. Please refresh and/or try loading the game in a different web browser.
Array ( [network] => bigfish [user_name] => null [api_ret] => {"userName":"","userToken":null,"sessInfo":null,"isv":2,"time":1455664618,"sig":"3846ce5df0ea29fb5a4a5e25ebc6d46da7892862ab61804e92e5478cffdd071a"} )

It started about a week or so ago. Haven't sent in a ticket yet as the Last time this happened, filing a report accomplished nothing but get my blood pressure up.
I am aware that it can be played on other browsers besides whatever the gm uses.
I am merely letting you and other gamers know there's a possible problem.
It had been lagging pretty bad up to that point and now it just loads that message.
I haven't had any trouble with any other games that I use the gm app for. Not gummy drop, not midnight castle, not dark manor, or nightfall or awakening kingdom.
BW2 is the only one that gives me a problem.
And, nope, I didn't have anything else running at the times either. When I play a game, it's all I'm doing. I'm not what you'd call a multi-tasker.
I did a diagnostic on my comp and net and no problems whatsoever. So it's all on BW2's end. [shrugs]

[edits] Decided to send in a ticket after all. I don't have high expectations that it'll accomplish much but I did it anyway.

Hi kstorm,

Issues with the Game manager not recognizing the game are something we can't troubleshoot.

You could try updating your Flash, or uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager, or getting in touch with Big Fish.

Erika

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Feb 23, 16 9:03 AM
Problems with lag/freezing are intermittent so are not a problem with my computer, which is clean, updated constantly, and likely due to overloaded servers. I am constantly having to refresh/clear cache.

Symptoms: Intermittent stuttering character . It gets really frustrating when your character goes nowhere near where you point the cursor, or into buildings I did nto click on.

As I finished up a puzzle , the lag was so bad that when I clicked on the left of the puzzle, it used bushbucks and auto-completed, which I would never do. (Justin closes the requests for a return of those BBs, BTW) Being the auto complete is at the bottom, that means the graphics were showing up before the underlying code to pay. (But even still, that should not have been a misclick, given the position I clicked on.

Intermittent black screen except for my character. If I move the character, it shows the pixels change from black to white.

Intermittent white screen/ flash crash overload even though it is up to date, I reinstalled it, I clear it often and it works just fine everywhere else.

Intermittent screen with white pixel squares only until I refresh.

Intermittent even after a refresh, I am often unable to click on other characters or use chat on Ai

On AI I see players that are in the mountains. I know this because when I was in the mountains, I saw players from AI, and the players I see now on AI are able to walk through the water fall. its a glitch that is triggered by ... something overlapping ... and has been going on for awhile now, on and off. So much so that players are totally nonchalant when I asked about it, as though it is normal.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 6:19:32 AM PST

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Feb 23, 16 4:46 PM
Kitty, we have both complained about this before. I believe the first time was during Nate's birthday. It was the first time I had encountered any 'lagging' or blackout problem...EVER while playing this game after 2 l/2 years or any other. I was told the servers were slow and then things seemed to get better for me and my game...until this last event and again, lagging and when going to Amicus to fish or do the quests...OMG...everything was in slow motion. I had to refresh after going there and then even later while just trying to fish. As I said, I've never had any problem in over 2 years but in the last 2 months I need to refresh constantly. How could my Adobe Flash do anything different now...these developers haven't added any huge graphic change. I'm a bit technically challenged when it comes to this...all I know is now, this game is very slow while on Amicus. I don't have the problems you do, Kitty, but I believe and understand your dilemma.

I know Chuck Havens has had a recent problem, but no one else has come forward...I'm really concerned about my computer and if there is actually something wrong here with this particular game. I've had no problem anywhere else. Hmmm, perhaps it's time for me to give BW up?

Teddy

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Feb 24, 16 6:32 AM
I have also had a terrible problem with slowness and lagging, and at times, my character can barely move. It has never been this bad. The problem has gotten worse since the start of the Valentine's Event. The graphics are very slow in loading, especially when trying to open my inventory bag and I have to reboot and clear my flash, and hard drive cache repeatedly. I submitted a ticket, and Justin advised me make sure my Flash player was up do date, because here was an issue with a certain version of the Flash Player, and as far as he knew, the latest version has fixed the problem. So, I made sure my Flash was up to date, but I continued to have the same problems. So I submitted a 2nd ticket, to which Justin replied, "I think these issues are still related to recent Flash Player updates. Unfortunately there's nothing we can really do from our end. Just check for new Flash Player updates periodically and hopefully they'll put out a stable version soon. "
I'm also having problems getting into a few of the top rated golf courses. I don't know if it's because they are graphic intense, but all I get is a black screen, with a "loading graphics" image. This started a week ago. It's not a problem with my PC, as I have tried using 3 different PCs, in 3 different locations.

I've also had problems with disappearing graphics. Today, my town hall is invisible. Other times, some of the graphics on my ranch disappear.

On a side note, I did some googling to get some help and it was suggested to uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" in the Flash settings, but it didn't seem to help.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 6:40:58 AM PST

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Feb 27, 16 8:58 PM
Flash just crashed!

I NEVER saw this before:

I was at Lower Evergreen preparing to purchase bait to clean up the lake for the Old Hermit. I clicked on the bait, the screen minimized, turned black and there was a white puzzle piece in the center of the screen. The puzzle piece had a frowny face in the center with asterisks for eyes.

I have Windows 10 Pro.

Also have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

I am going to Restart the PC now.

Edited: Restarted at 2200 Mountain Standard Time. Everything working - for now.

Edited on 02/28/2016 at 12:51:20 AM PST

b3achy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by b3achy on Mar 4, 16 6:16 AM
Game seems to be down from the developer side of things. Is there a way BFG can contact them, and provide an update to the players as to what is going on? It's down on FB, and also other game provider sites, so likely a developer issues. Hopefully it returns soon! Thanks!

ETA: and of course, now that I've posted this it seems to be back working (0920). Good job!

Edited on 03/04/2016 at 6:23:31 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 4, 16 10:58 AM
Besides the lag and glitches, I having trouble accessing some player's golf courses that are on the top 10. (I am not the only one experiencing problems accessing courses) Thus far 3 out of the 5 I tried are inaccessible for days now, but got tired of refreshing so I did not test the rest.

I also went just now to get my clown bonus and I could not go there via the green square on the map. This happens intermittently. Has anyone else had these problems? If so can you add them here because perhaps you can get Erika to answer. My posts and tickets are ignored.

Chuck_Havens
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Chuck_Havens on Mar 5, 16 11:47 PM
I was able to get into BW2 after too many days to count. Went to ranch to get rid of withered crop. Planted raspberries. When I returned to ranch to harvest raspberries, everything was phasing in and out. Cursor went to a green bush and wanted to get rid of it because BW2 considers it a weed. NOT A WEED; it is a bush! My character was at the entrance to the ranch, I FINALLY was able to get the cursor to a grassy area an inch or so North of my character. I clicked on the grass. My character disappeared! Some of my pets/companions disappeared also.

Reloaded BW2. The first thing it loaded was SHADY VALE MOUNTAINS.

Sometimes it loads SHADY VALE MOUNTAINS. Sometimes it loads SHADY VALE OF THE MOUNTAINS.

THEN it loads BW2.

Justin's explanation about loading in layers does not explain these two games. I am a programmer and a computer analyst.

These two games are in the database for what reason???

[Post New]by pixiecat1 on Mar 15, 16 5:47 AM
I cannot get onto the game its stuck on loading graphics this has happened for 2 days now
I need to get onto the game especially since its the st patricks event on

please please get it back up and running

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

What's happened to Tech Support???

[Post New]by apples16951 on Mar 15, 16 3:56 PM
I sent a message to them yesterday morning with a Dr. Felix report and haven't heard anything back! Tech Support has always responded almost immediately when I have a problem.

Meanwhile, I can't play BW2! It freezes while loading, and occasionally a message pops up saying Shockwave Flash has stopped working.

I know you can't help me here; I'm just wondering why the delay in responding to my message to Tech Support.

[Post New]by kevin_ferret on Mar 19, 16 8:23 AM
Answer found. Go delete your cookie with Flash. After reloading the game, it worked

Ditto, game is freezing up when I click to close the news banner. Sometimes I can see the start of the Easter event banner. I'm pretty sure it's the Easter event banner that is hanging the game

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 8:31:46 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 24, 16 1:32 PM
For the third time this week, a quest giver showed no bonus. (All were quest satchel rewards so there shouldhave been a pop-up /visual display.) Today it was the hermit.

Edited to add: thanks for the heads up on the actual award Erika, but I was actually especially looking for even a brief popup at the bottom and there was none. My game seems to be working 90% better with the fix, but it still does lags and hangups like that. (Like when clicking on a quest, often only the top line of text will be displayed and it will hang up there. When I am no longer frozen, my characters goes off flying to another location, even though I haven't clicked elsewhere)

Edited on 03/24/2016 at 4:07:02 PM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Mar 24, 16 2:53 PM
@ Kitty: Looks like your Hermit satchel contained Hay.

Quest Satchels that reward Hay only do the very brief pop-up at the bottom of the screen when the Hay drops, so it's possible for players to miss it.

[Post New]by Hawkeye64 on Apr 16, 16 10:52 PM
Help! Regarding the "Anniversary Event" I've collected the posters for Susa, but she won't take them. Is there a glitch? I've closed out of the game and even restarted my computer, but no luck.

[Post New]by Lucy2571 on Apr 19, 16 9:12 PM
I have problem with my event area. Some characters are not showing up!
1) I found Kaine's hat but I can't find him in the Commons to give it back to him;
2) I found strawberry fertilizer but I can't find Linus in the Commons to give it back to him;
3) Erika station is not working. She is not there to receive my collect.

Can someone help me?
I've already refreshed the game, changed the browse. Nothing's worked.
Thanks.

Go to: