Re:Post Any My Singing Monsters Technical Issues Here

[Post New]by mollari on Nov 30, 13 5:00 PM
Shizara wrote:I can't even get into the game, it goes through loading finishes and freeze /crash telling me MySingingMonsters_v1_1_3_releaseSDK.exe has stopped working.

I really hope it gets fixed soon

This is what I had, but I fixed it: I reinstalled the update by backing up the "1" folder as described elsewhere. Then I uninstalled the game from the BF game manager. Then reinstalled it from the manager. Before running the new game I replaced the newly created "1" with my backup then restarted. No problems thus far, and no mouse problems yet either
::crosses fingers & fins:::

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 30, 13 5:15 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to assure you that we're still working on the issues that you're experiencing and we'll let you know as we have more information.

In the meantime, if you'd be willing to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report, this would help us collect data about the issues, offer some suggestions, and send that relevant information over to the developer as necessary.

Thank you again for your patience as we work through this.

bfgDeveron

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Nov 30, 13 7:19 PM
mollari wrote:
Buglunch wrote:Game crashes before launching for a day; error involves SDK.exe
That's the software development kit, no? I shouldn't have that- what gives?

I never saw an answer for this one, I am also having the launch crash with "...releaseSDK.exe not working" message. Rebooting doesn't help.

It sounds like you have the old version, same thing happened to me and alot of other people. The newer version is 1.2.2, added some monsters. There is alot of post about the update. Go into the game manager and see if the update shows. If not you will have to switch it to manual check for updates. I have a post about what is being said in your post. So make sure you have the update. The only thing in the update is a problem with the mouse. You have to click at the base/feet on some monsters not the bags of coins. And the update came out on 22 or 23 of nov. So everyone had the same error. Also there are alot of post about the MySingingMonsters_v1_1_3_releaseSDK.exe has stopped working in past post. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 7:22:49 PM PST

[Post New]by woodyreedy on Nov 30, 13 9:20 PM
AJ__ wrote:Since the latest update I get an "app crash" sometimes when visiting random or top islands. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also got this error. I don't visit other Islands anymore, until this gets fixed.... it scares the &*^% out of me!

AJ__
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by AJ__ on Dec 1, 13 6:08 AM
I went to the "Help" link and haven't had the problem anymore of the App Crash error.

Technical Issues
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Adjust your graphics settings

I have windows 7 on my laptop and followed the instructions from that putting it into XP compatible mode.

[Post New]by BenjaminFK on Dec 1, 13 7:17 AM
on my pc it returns to the main menu every 5 minutes!
i don't know what going on!

[Post New]by caroleleah on Dec 1, 13 12:31 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to assure you that we're still working on the issues that you're experiencing and we'll let you know as we have more information.

In the meantime, if you'd be willing to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report</a>, this would help us collect data about the issues, offer some suggestions, and send that relevant information over to the developer as necessary.

Thank you again for your patience as we work through this.

bfgDeveron

Thanks so much for checking in, bfgDeveron! It really helps to soothe some frustrations, to know that is still hard at work to resolve this with the devs! Will get a Dr. Felix filed right away.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 12:33:17 PM PST

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 1, 13 3:09 PM
BenjaminFK wrote:on my pc it returns to the main menu every 5 minutes!
i don't know what going on!

This is a fail safe when the game is left idle for 5 minutes. It's to prevent high use of bandwidth and server overload. you can stay in longer as long as you stay active in the game. Just don't let the game be idle over the 5 minute mark or it will bring you back to the title screen.

[Post New]by grizgall on Dec 2, 13 7:49 AM
i have been playing this game for several months with no problems until yesterday. I am running it on a desk top computer windows 7. It will go as far as loading all the way, then I get an error that says it has stopped running, and windows will notify me if there is a solution to my problem. I have cleared all temp files and cookies, even tried a different tab to load, and nothing is working please help.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Dec 2, 13 7:46 PM
It's getting really frustrating trying to find the "sweet spot" to collect money from the Monsters. I know when you zoom on them it's by their feet and a little to the left, but sometimes I have to click 15-20 times before I get it. I sure hope that they come up with a fix real soon. Oh yeah, and when they fix that I hope they add the Yool.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 3, 13 2:35 PM
Hello All,

Good news! We've just released a new update for the game that should resolve many of these technical issues you're experiencing. To find out more about that, just click on the blue text below:

UPDATE Available For My Singing Monsters (PC)!

If you're still running into issues with your game after installing the update, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can look into that further.

Thank you again so much for your patience as we worked on this game!

bfgDeveron

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 3, 13 4:02 PM
I just installed the new update. And it does not work at all. Uninstalled and re-installed same thing. It does go to the island. All you can do nothing. The mouse will not click the monsters, all you hear is the clicking noise. And the audio comes and goes. And now can't go back to the previous version. The mouse bug should of never been touched. Now it is released and the game is unusable. I warn everyone before installing, take your own risk of trying this.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 3, 13 4:15 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I just installed the new update. And it does not work at all. Uninstalled and re-installed same thing. It does go to the island. All you can do nothing. The mouse will not click the monsters, all you hear is the clicking noise. And the audio comes and goes. And now can't go back to the previous version. The mouse bug should of never been touched. Now it is released and the game is unusable. I warn everyone before installing, take your own risk of trying this.

I'm able to click on the money bubbles just fine to collect the coins, but the music just cuts in and out. Where's the fun in playing a game with singing monsters if I can't hear them sing anymore?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 3, 13 5:52 PM
Update: I am able to collect from monsters. I had the color quality set to 16 bit instead of 32 bit. Because i had problem with the buying and selling items not showing words. But as far as the sound, you may want to turn it way down. The monsters seem kind of scratchy in their singing. If possible keep the version you have until they fix the update.

[Post New]by Cawilkins19 on Dec 3, 13 7:54 PM
I was finally able to put all the monsters I needed into my wubbox on my gold island. When I go to click on his inventory button to "open" him or make him transform, the game crashes. I worked for months on that guy fml

[Post New]by TatumBiederman on Dec 3, 13 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Technical Issue however I think the one TERRIBLE thing about the new torches in MSM is that if you are viewing another person's island and he/she is NOT on your friends list. All you will see are the "Light my torch?" Icons everywhere and this ruins the experience in checking out other people's islands.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Dec 4, 13 4:14 AM
I don't know if this could be considered a technical issue, but it is annoying. I just installed the 12/3 update and now the sound effects are blasting me out of my chair. I adjusted the volume on the sound effects down as low as it will go and the sound effects (popping every time you select anything and a furnace type sound when cooking food) are still blasting out of my speakers. It is so loud it makes me want to turn the sound off and the defeats the purpose of this game.

[Post New]by qualityfrog125 on Dec 4, 13 6:14 AM
I emailed customer support over a week ago on issues I'm having with this game but I have not received a reply. I'm trying to be patient but it's taking too long. I didn't know I was supposed to come here and wade through hundreds of entries to find a possible answer which I haven't found. Basically, after the last update, I can't click on the monsters, decorations and other structures in the game but I can click on the icons. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn't help. I don't know what else to do.

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Dec 4, 13 6:29 AM
Thank you for the fix!! I can finally click on the money to get it!! The sound effects won't shut off though. But I can totally put up with that if I can actually click on the items/monsters I want!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 4, 13 12:17 PM
Hi there Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that have come up in the game since the new update

tazruby2000 and FishyFemale, it may help if you try adjusting the volume of the monsters individually. This can be done by clicking on a monster and then clicking on the 'Move' icon. You should then see a 'Volume' slider appear on the bottom-left side of the window.

If that doesn't help, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a <as-html>Dr. Felix Report</as-html> and one of our Reps can help troubleshoot the issue. Just be sure to include your BBB ID (Friend Code) which can be found by clicking the Options Cog, then clicking Help in the game.

qualityfrog125, I apologize for the delay in your response from Customer Support, as we are still catching up from the Thanksgiving holiday. I have located your ticket and it appears one of our Reps sent a response on December 3 and it should be in your email inbox. There should be some instructions to help troubleshoot the game.

I hope this helps and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater

Go to: