rybo510
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by rybo510 on Nov 29, 13 12:52 PM
Running this game on Windows pc. Id like to say thank you to the Bigfish team for doing everything you can to get this fixed. I have confidence all this will get straightened out. The problems I have noticed...
1.When you check your messages and someone is added as a friend it wont count that person until you go to the menu on the right and click "friends" and scroll through all your friends.
2.Sometimes I don't get paid for an auction.
3. My "unlock mini games" in the achievements seems stuck on 15. I know I have gone far beyond that.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 29, 13 1:29 PM
Thanksgiving is over and I never saw any of the Ran the Owl Guises. What did we have to do to get them? Where were they? I havent found anyone yet who has seen them either. Did they even ever exist?

Also, Candy Shop running super slow.

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Nov 29, 13 2:48 PM
Same problems as Wee_One222. I have 90 trophies in cities. Only 71 show up on the achievement counter. I have unlocked 4 pets. Only 3 achievements show. I have also bought several keepsakes. Only 3 have been counted. I had way over 100 neighbors before the achievement counter registered 100. Undercounting has been a problem with almost all (if not all) of the achievements.

[Post New]by sweetpops58 on Nov 30, 13 11:34 AM
Lost a lot of gold randomly and wasn't awarded the 10 gold every single time I collected a set of the thanksgiving items. Thank goodness I didn't pay for anything and I'm sorry for those who lost real money.
Please bring another update that solves every issue.

[Post New]by WandaWilson on Nov 30, 13 8:51 PM
I was previously forever stuck on the connecting screen for a week and now that I'm not, I wish that i still were. I had 20 gold bars, bought with cash 430 more, putting me at 450 total. Immediately spent 68 bars on food and was rewarded 30 bars as an achievement for buying food. I closed the shop window to work on my quests and realized that all of the gold bars I have are the 30 that I was just rewarded with. I'm not a genius but I'm also not an idiot. What happened to my missing 382 gold bars? This makes me VERY unhappy and I'm really struggling to be nice.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 9:13:23 PM PST

cckim
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by cckim on Nov 30, 13 10:50 PM
WandaWilson...how did you get the game to work. I'm still stuck at connecting. Thanks in advance for any help.

[Post New]by WandaWilson on Dec 1, 13 12:31 AM
cckim...I had been playing the game on my laptop before but I downloaded it to my pc yesterday and it works. Now the only problem I have is being ripped off like the majority of the other players.

cckim
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by cckim on Dec 1, 13 3:33 AM
I only have a a laptop...hoping the next update fixes this issue. thanks for your help!!!

[Post New]by mzcharmer on Dec 1, 13 9:26 AM
Hi, I have been playing the game for a while and I have been finding that I do not have any tasks to complete. When I was playing the thanks giving tasks it was not recording the task I completed and showing as me only completing 1 task. Also when I sell items in auction I am not receiving the funds.

I have been on levels stuck for sometimes days...sometimes weeks as there are no tasks to complete.

[Post New]by KachinaEarth on Dec 1, 13 7:34 PM
I seem to be experiencing a problem that's been mentioned before - some of the minigames are not unlocking even though their quest has been completed. An example would be Teodi's Tailoring - Anchor Away which requires a Master level for the doll shop. Something I've had for several weeks.

Also; I recently played Toy Repair - Fire Truck and earned the clockwork dancer but it didn't appear outside the shop with my coin and exp (nor showed up in my collection page).

[Post New]by blythe1985 on Dec 2, 13 4:06 PM
I am playing on a PC with Windows 7 as the operating system. I have done the update at the end of last month (November). I am having issues with the mini-games. Some of the levels are not visible and therefore won't let me click on them to play them. It is really frustrating, because I am in the middle of a quest and I need to play these levels to complete it. Thanks!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 3, 13 6:20 AM
Wee_One222 wrote:Has this happened to anyone else ??
To collect 50 gold bars is says to earn trophies 80 times ?? Well I have 18 cities unlocked and have earned 5 trophies in each...18 X 5 = 90
But in my achievements it is only saying 71 out of 80 ??

Plus out of 5 pets, I have unlocked 3 and it's only saying 2 ??

This sucks as you work very hard and spend alot of time and energy to complete the achievements and then it doesn't even give you the proper credits !!

Mine shows as 72 out of 80. (I never did the math, just thought we were waiting on new cities duh).

I purchased all available pet accessories (out of boredom) so now I have 12 out of 15, but that is all I can get.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 3, 13 6:21 AM
This may have been addressed previously but my Watchlist for Auction is wonky. I have no items in my Watchlist but everyday I get a zillion messages telling me items in my Watchlist have gone up for auction. It is tracking every item I ever placed in the Watchlist, which is quite a few.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Dec 3, 13 8:34 AM
blythe1985 wrote:I am playing on a PC with Windows 7 as the operating system. I have done the update at the end of last month (November). I am having issues with the mini-games. Some of the levels are not visible and therefore won't let me click on them to play them. It is really frustrating, because I am in the middle of a quest and I need to play these levels to complete it. Thanks!
I feel for you. I am playing on a windows 7 as well. The game was okay when I first started sometime Aug/ Sept., until the first update & then every problem you have read about has pretty much happened to me. With each subsequent update it got worse. The thanksgiving quests were a joke. They should have fixed the old problems before they added a new problem with the thanksgiving special. Now I can't even get the new version, my download on this game shows no new updates so I am still on the last version l.212.....so no quests, no new cities, etc.
Tech support has been great, but no fix. I am not that computer savy & they want me to do a diagnostic & attach the file for their engineers to try & sort out, but it appears that BF is no further ahead with all the problems and it would be an exercize in futility to do the diagnostic and just frustrate myself even more. Maybe it's time to call it a day and delete this game, too many months, with too many problems. They should probably stick to developing games that we can just buy instead of these FTP disasters.

Edited on 12/04/2013 at 4:04:41 AM PST

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 3, 13 8:36 AM
I'm sure I got all achievements completed which are possible to finish at this time. The following achievements are left for me:

196/300 Quests
18/24 Cities
15/30 Mini-scenes
72/80 Trophies
3/5 Pets
13/15 Pet Accessory
147/150 Completed Achievements

+ Several antique shop items are still locked like:
Finish xxx quests or Ensure all buildings in xxx are at level 5

Edited on 12/03/2013 at 8:36:54 AM PST

[Post New]by swtlildove1966 on Dec 3, 13 4:29 PM
Issues:
1 My quests are stuck.
2 I never got the last reward for thanksgiving even though it Was checked as completed.
3 My trophies reward is stuck at 60, even though I have 80 trophies.
4 My dogs achievement is stuck at 3/5 even though I have ALL 4 that are available.
5. I am having to use gold bars to unlock things in both the antique shop and in the minigames that SHOULD have unlocked.
6. No one has ever responded to me about the issues I listed last week. Are these even being read?
7 My "watch list" has NEVER given me an alert that an item i listed was being auctioned, even though when i looked through the auctions, i found them there.
Can someone PLEASE fix these items??

Edited on 12/03/2013 at 4:31:49 PM PST

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Dec 3, 13 8:42 PM
swtlildove1966 - I finally noticed that the Watch List is only for items listed by your friends, not the entire gaming community. Not the best......

[Post New]by deathsjennesa31 on Dec 4, 13 11:31 AM
every time I am in Auction I maybe in Auction for maybe half an hour before my whole screen goes black. Well all the wording and icons go black. First time it done that it said something about some security thing. Just wondering if anyone knows what that is about or if they had, had that happen to them?

[Post New]by Frankysgirl12 on Dec 4, 13 9:07 PM
Hello,
I don't know if this is a technical issues but I did not know where else to ask. Charleston, west Virginia is locked and when I clicked on it to see how to open it, it says to upgrade all buildings in Breezy Bay, Papaw Grove and Dinhammer Alley to level one, well I have upgraded all the buildings to level 4 and 5 and it is still locked. Is that a misprint or am I missing something?
By the way really like this game a lot and beside losing coins with the tailoring problem I have not had any problems. Be glad when new things come up again. If you can let me know how to unlock west Virginia or unlock it, I would appreciate it.

Edited on 12/04/2013 at 9:08:41 PM PST

lev614
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lev614 on Dec 5, 13 7:29 AM
I am having a problem with the butterfly sanctuary, no matter how many times I play a game I never get rewarded a collectable. I noticed it after the thanksgiving update.
Also if I get a collectable in another mini-game that I earned completing the last
piece of the puzzle it doesn't pop up when I go to collect it.

Go to: