Suggestions for the developers

Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Mar 13, 16 7:20 PM
This suggestion is in regards to the tournament. Quite a few players have mentioned in the forum that they have pressed the submit score button instead of the spin button. I have done it several times as a mistake. I suggest that the submit score button not be available until the spins are completed.

The only reason to have the submit score button available before the spins are completed would be if someone wanted to exit the set. Since there is a return to lobby button it seems this would be all that should be necessary to exit the set. That would eliminate the need for the submit score button to be available until the spins are completed, and it would eliminate our frustration with the error.

Thanks,
Ace

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Mar 20, 16 10:39 AM
In terms of the tournaments I would LOVE it if any unspotted chips were highlighted, or pointed out in some way. It would be nice to know if you are missing them-or they simply aren't there.

Dawn

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 20, 16 11:02 AM
Tournament suggestion:
(am sure it has been mentioned before somewhere, but can't find such)

Drop the number of diamonds needed to re-play as the time counts down!

Really not fair to require the same price of 5 diamonds to instantly jump back into play vs. joining in the last minute.

IMHO, more people would play, and BF would still have plenty of those folks who purchase diamonds with real $.

[Post New]by alisonmeier on Mar 20, 16 12:03 PM
Please put more new hos in game. Each new update only has a few new quests and no new hos. Tired of zoom areas. Also make getting inventory from hos on same level as chards/coins. Most of us don't care about Trina's quests and 15 coins doesn't amount to anything. It is funner actually getting an item for our inventory.

[Post New]by ladydia012816 on Mar 20, 16 2:04 PM
Currently there isn't a way for us to know if a player has quit playing the game, if they didn't post something in their name. Because inventory is important and we don't want to waste what we have on players that are no longer playing, it would be nice to know that they have quit. Is there a way for those of us that are on their friends list or vice-versa to be notified if someone has deleted their game. A message block could be placed below their name and a message could be posted there. Another possibility is that in the message block a last played date could be posted.
Thank You for your consideration.
Lady Dia

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 20, 16 5:02 PM
Acetoyou wrote:This suggestion is in regards to the tournament. Quite a few players have mentioned in the forum that they have pressed the submit score button instead of the spin button. I have done it several times as a mistake. I suggest that the submit score button not be available until the spins are completed.

The only reason to have the submit score button available before the spins are completed would be if someone wanted to exit the set. Since there is a return to lobby button it seems this would be all that should be necessary to exit the set. That would eliminate the need for the submit score button to be available until the spins are completed, and it would eliminate our frustration with the error.

Thanks,
Ace

hmm. I don't understand this problem. The 'spin' for me is way up high, and the 'submit' is near the bottom of my screen.

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 21, 16 4:21 AM
My friend and I were texting about the frequency of tournament notifications, which we agreed are excessive. We don't want to see the mailman as often as we do.

I'm not speaking for her on this, but if the mailman could tell us when the next tournament is when we log in* and right before it starts, that would be enough for me. The little glowing feature in the lower right already tells us to check that area.

*And by "when we log in," I mean tell us when the next tournament is, period. Two minutes from now, three hours from now, whatever. Just let us know so we can plan to be there.

All these interim notifications are annoying and disruptive to game flow.

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Mar 22, 16 4:43 PM
Please make the Shards to where we can gift them or sell them as it stands we have limited things we can do with them.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 23, 16 8:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we greatly appreciate players taking the time to post their suggestions in this thread. The Moderation Team continues to pass along the contents of this entire thread to the Midnight Castle team and advocate for the players.

Thank you for letting us know of your suggestions!

bfgBellerophon

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Mar 23, 16 9:35 AM
My request would be to limit the number of required items in zoom zones to what is obviously required. There are too many zoom zones that ask for two or three of each item when there is only one slot for said item. There are others that ask for two ore three of an item but they have multiple slots for them which makes sense.

This game has some of the most beautiful art work around and I really love the animation too. But the zoom zones could make more sense.

Thank you mods for listening to all our gripes and complaints. I think it's just that we really love this game, plan on staying with it and want it to be the best it can be. But I think you guys are awesome to be the go-betweens for us.

Hooray for the castle and the fun it brings us,

Boo

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 10:20:13 PM PST

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Mar 23, 16 10:49 AM
Currently there isn't a way for us to know if a player has quit playing the game, if they didn't post something in their name. Because inventory is important and we don't want to waste what we have on players that are no longer playing, it would be nice to know that they have quit.

I agree with this person on a better understanding of who is active, maybe you could place under each name their days since last logged in or something?

I also wanted to add a few things that may or may not have been requested.

1. I think that the best way to fix the drop issues so many are upset about in the HOS's and to keep the players who like the new shard coin drop is to simply add a feature which allows us to choose which main item we want after completing one. That way people who want a specific item can choose that and people who want shards can choose that, etc. Also this would help with the issue people are having with have duplicate items from one location needed for quests. That way we can choose which one we want.

2. If there is still going to be new rooms added, which I assume there will be, there needs to be way higher shard drops or they need to lower the shard amounts greatly for opening new items for the rooms. It would also be nice if you had a choice on every upgrade to use shards or coins.

3. I wanted to add that I love the new feature that you can spend coins on items you don't have for gifting now, just wish it was for all items. Thanks!

[Post New]by alisonmeier on Mar 25, 16 5:19 PM
Why not make the extra coins you can get in hos worth something. Like 200 coins and make it so it has the same chance as inventory. That way we feel like we actually received something when we don't get inventory instead of the piddling 15 coins or a shard.This may satisfy those that need coins and those that want inventory, but see the value in 200 coins.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 27, 16 10:16 PM
esheley wrote:My friend and I were texting about the frequency of tournament notifications, which we agreed are excessive. We don't want to see the mailman as often as we do.

I'm not speaking for her on this, but if the mailman could tell us when the next tournament is when we log in* and right before it starts, that would be enough for me. The little glowing feature in the lower right already tells us to check that area.

*And by "when we log in," I mean tell us when the next tournament is, period. Two minutes from now, three hours from now, whatever. Just let us know so we can plan to be there.

Well, this has been fixed just recently.

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 28, 16 4:57 AM
susiewastaken wrote:
esheley wrote:My friend and I were texting about the frequency of tournament notifications, which we agreed are excessive. We don't want to see the mailman as often as we do.

Well, this has been fixed just recently.

Not for me, and I got the update for Android.

I'm still getting the mail notifications when I log in, plus additional mail that it's an hour from now, 30 minutes from now, and 5 minutes from now.

That's wretched excess.

[Post New]by ladydia012816 on Mar 31, 16 6:50 AM
Could there be a place on the tab for Friends/Tournament/Rooms for us to place notes, or another tab added? It would be helpful to keep Info on players regarding gifting, players who are on a break, things to remember about the game and etc.

Lady Dia

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 31, 16 9:04 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we greatly appreciate players taking the time to post their suggestions in this thread. The Moderation Team continues to pass along the contents of this entire thread to the Midnight Castle team and advocate for the players.

Thank you for letting us know of your suggestions!

bfgBellerophon

Does "the MC team" really include the developers, or is it just hopeful that info is sent in their direction?

Sincere question.

Thanks for your time, bfgBellerophon.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 31, 16 11:38 AM
Hi susiewastaken,

When the Forum Moderation Team mentions the Midnight Castle team or "the appropriate teams" we're referring to the teams here at Big Fish that work on the game as well as the developers of the game. While we may not always have access to all the answers that players may be hoping for, we do at least have the ability to pass your feedback along to the parties that have the power to enact them or take them into consideration.

Once again, we thank everyone who's been able to participate in this thread constructively, and do know that your concerns are being heard.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

simplename
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by simplename on Mar 31, 16 11:43 AM
since the update the cost of crafting has increased to as much as 4500 coins yet the ability to earn coins hasn't pls at least double the amount we get from HOS so we can pay our way.....

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 31, 16 1:16 PM
Please give us the choice of gifting items we don't have by purchasing with coins OR diamonds.

Yes, that option is available for SOME things now, but only for the crafted or zz-created items.

Items gotten "singly" (hos & event items)
can only be purchased with diamonds.

mrbecker
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers-completed achievements tab

[Post New]by mrbecker on Apr 16, 16 4:58 PM
I would REALLY like to see the developers add a "Completed Achievements" tab. My mouse digits are SO tired of trying to scroll down to find my progress on a particular achievement.

If that's not possible, then sort them so the completed ones are at the bottom of the list.

Go to: