Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 12, 09 9:18 AM
whatleyk wrote:I didn't think it was fair that we're given an hour to demo the game, but can only get up to the witch doctor painting before being told the demo is over. My Vista system didn't show me the message, but my XP system did. I thought there was a bug in the game on my Vista system because I kept getting kicked out to watch the movie, then out to the BFG site. I want to buy it, but want to play more before I do. The comments are pretty positive for the most part, & I do like the artwork.

The trial wording is different - sample demo - as a pointer. There are currently only 3 BFG games that do a small part instead of an hour, and BFG are looking at revising the wording if / when there are more of these.

diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by diannb on Sep 12, 09 10:07 AM
I finished the demo with 26 minutes remaining of my 60 minutes and loved the demo. So of course I'll have to buy it! Another great one BFG!

[Post New]by ILuvFishies on Sep 12, 09 10:38 AM
What a wonderful game!!! A change of pace from most that are out there. Loved the grafics and storyline. Fun and easy to play with helpful hints, along with some confusing puzzles that let you skip if you get too aggravated. I really enjoyed this game and CAN'T WAIT for the sequel! I hope it comes out soon.

I've been a member of BigFish games for a few years and never had the impulse to comment on the games I've downloaded (although I've enjoyed all of them.) But I had to let you know that you've created an utterly brilliant experience for the casual gamer this time. Kudos to you ! Hope to see Iris again soon!

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 10:43:13 AM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Sep 12, 09 11:58 AM
I have downloaded several games from Big Fish over the past year and half. This one is by far on the top of my list of great games. It is challenging, you have to remember where you find certain items, the puzzles were challenging as well. I did have to skip a couple but liked the timed portion before I skipped as it challenged me to at least try them. The hints were helpful, made me think and didn't give answer quickly which was great. I did have to use walkthrough a couple times but not as much as other games, which I liked. This game was challenging, not too hard, not too easy. I give it most definitely. I recommend purchasing this game. I do hope there is a sequel that is equally as challenging and equally as interesting. Thank you for a wonderful game.

[Post New]by Oriana33 on Sep 12, 09 12:09 PM
The story - ingenious. The graphics - superb. But guys, the music, oh, the music! Unlike anything I've heard before. I was excited, scared, sad. Outstanding! Bravo! I couldn't tare myself away. Can't wait for no.2. You are working on it, aren't you?

[Post New]by Toto012203 on Sep 12, 09 12:17 PM
Need help I am playing Painted Tower I am stuck at Once Upon a Time. I have the torch and sheet of symbols but It won't let me put the torch in the hanger or the paper on the left side of the page so I have uninstall and reinstalled this game already. Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Terry

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 12:47:01 PM PST

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Sep 12, 09 12:32 PM
I amazed! It's a beautiful and great game! Love it! romantic and beautiful screens
I was standing 3 days playing, not all the time...
Views of walkthrough only 3 times, skip only 2 minigames
the best game I've ever plaid, after mina first.
I was a grea lover of hidden object games, but now I think I will prefer adventure games, it's more fun, more expectating for ideas, more mystery, more of all!
Thank you, BFG!
I wish there will be the 2 !

[Post New]by colsands on Sep 12, 09 12:37 PM
hi all
in this game i used the sling shot before i planted the seed cant get past this any help on this would be great
thanks

LT105
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by LT105 on Sep 12, 09 12:44 PM
I truly loved this game, the graphics it was awesome. Have been home for a month for a bad leg and the game brought much needed distraction. It is funny, within a week of playing the game received a card in the mail announcing the game. hope to see a part 2 and maybe more.

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Sep 12, 09 1:54 PM
This game was awesome! I loved the graphics, game play and music. Can't wait for the next installment. Some parts were a little difficult for me and had to check out the walk-through. Kudos to BFG! Great job! I was sad when it was over, even though I got frustrated about 3/4 of the way through.

[Post New]by DarthSarah on Sep 12, 09 3:14 PM
I got a postcard in the mail about this game and was so stoked!
But then I bought it...... and already finished it in less than 6 hours. :0\

The graphics and Artwork or superb. I was so impressed! It was really gorgeous

I just like longer games. Nothing will ever top the MCF games, even though I try to fill up my time with other games.
MORE MCF, PLZ!

[Post New]by zoie328 on Sep 12, 09 3:14 PM
Wow, awesome game. Just hard enough to challenge you, great graphics. The Hints if you need them, gave just enough of a clue. Can't wait for the next one.

[Post New]by auntharriet on Sep 12, 09 4:27 PM
well-I just finished the game! And i too,am just blown away by the whole thing.It was like i was watching Bambie for the first time-I was on the edge of my seat all the way through.This is by far the best game i have ever played..Bar none
There is not one thing I would have changed-except maybe a big hug from Franklin.
I loved his voice.....and the scenes!
And now i love the developers and Big Fish even more.
cookies on the way!
what a gift!
thanks

[Post New]by jimjohn88 on Sep 12, 09 5:00 PM
First off, let me say I am a big BFG fan. I've been a member for almost 2 years yet I have never written in the forums. I just wanted to say...WAY TO GO BFG!!! I loved this game! Not too hard, not too easy - graphics are outstanding - sound is captivating - storyline is wonderful - length of game is good (although with a game this good, I wanted it to go on forever)! This is what I joined the pond for! Please, please do not make us wait 2 years for a sequel. Many, many kudos!!

[Post New]by Bloom24 on Sep 12, 09 5:54 PM
Way to go BFG!!! I have sampled many game on BFG, this is one of the first ones that I didn't. I was hooked as soon as I started playing it. I spent an entire day on it. I couldn't stop. The art work is amazing. I have since played it a second time, just so I could spend more time in looking at the artwork. i wish that there were more games this detailed. The story line was captivating. With graphics this good I had hoped that it wouldn't end. There are times with games that I get frustrated because the puzzles are beyond me, but with this game that was not so. I really hope that BFG puts out another game with this type of magnitude. The game is AWESOME!

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 5:57:56 PM PST

jodama
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by jodama on Sep 12, 09 5:56 PM
The best game I have ever played! I loved all the puzzles; they kept me pondering for hours! I hope BFG make many more of these types of games, I can't wait for the sequel to this one!

[Post New]by quidam on Sep 12, 09 8:35 PM
Thank You BFG! Another excellent game. Graphics, Story, Puzzles, Length, Music were all exceptional. I didn't need a walk through, the-in game hints worked well for me. Ran on Vista 64 without a problem. It was quite entertaining without being frustrating. Not a lot of repitition which I truly appreciate. I did skip 2 puzzles. I knew I could complete them if I gave it enough time and repitition, but there was so much more to do in the rest of the game!

Did not run into the loading problem. I'll thank the i7 processor and 4GB of memory for loading the rooms so fast I couldn't read which room was loading.

I haven't played a game of this quality since Ravenhurst II.

Thanks again to the BF development team. Not 1 glitch and very creative. I'd say give them a few days off, but I really can't wait for their next adventure.

[Post New]by Laredo_003 on Sep 12, 09 10:31 PM
Is it me?? Or my Computer? How long did it take to Load the game. Most games I don't take more than 5 minutes... Very frustrating!!! Any help...??? Thanks

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Sep 12, 09 10:40 PM
colsands wrote:hi all
in this game i used the sling shot before i planted the seed cant get past this any help on this would be great
thanks

I also used the sling shot first; in fact didn't even have the seed yet when I used it. It didn't seem to make any difference; I was still able to solve the puzzle. Though I did look at the walkthrough, it ended up that just fiddling with the mirrors for a while made the seed sprout and grow.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Sep 12, 09 11:35 PM
The cursor was laggy for me until I turned off "custom" and it's running fine now.

I love this game so far! It's beautiful and just challenging enough. Congratulations BFG

.A definite buy!

Go to: