Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by leaannab1 on Feb 23, 10 3:11 AM
I could not get this game to download and I tried it twice. Will there be any attempt to fix this problem?

[Post New]by PagalMasala on Feb 25, 10 2:40 AM
I absolutely loved this game but it was almost too easy and it WASN'T LONG ENOUGH! I hope they come out with a second one, because it was really very beautiful---graphics and all...

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Feb 25, 10 2:53 AM
PagalMasala wrote:I absolutely loved this game but it was almost too easy and it WASN'T LONG ENOUGH! I hope they come out with a second one, because it was really very beautiful---graphics and all...

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Feb 25, 10 2:57 AM
I agree with PagalMasala

Sorry about the double post!!!!!!!

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Mar 1, 10 11:08 PM
Loved the game. I liked that it was a little on the easy side for a change. Didn't have to run to the forums for help! Sometimes, with my IHOG's, I want to stroll along until the end without any troubles - so I can see what the end is like. This one was great for that. Not TOO easy...just enough. Mini puzzles, were equally fun to do, not a hair puller!

Very enjoyable game for a couple hours. I love creepy, so the darker it got towards the end, the better it was for me! Kinda Tim Burton-esqe!! Awesome graphics. They got a little less crisp towards the very end it seemed and again, one of those endings that leave you hanging with the "to be continued" - still, totally worth my 6.99!

[Post New]by Maria_Anderson on Mar 5, 10 2:22 AM
I love the game and it has great graphic! But I find that it's alittle too easy. Hoping it will get harder as I progress. Will be buying this one for sure

stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Mar 7, 10 5:44 AM
When will there be a sequel to this game? I love this game. Why doesn't my graphics for replys work? except for the smiliys

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 5:46:38 AM PST

Lysheri
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lysheri on Mar 7, 10 7:58 PM
This is a game I was happy I bought. Like the story line, different kind of puzzles.
Hope there is another one.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Mar 10, 10 10:01 PM
I loved this game!

A very dark and mysterious storyline. It was a bit easy, but the storyline was so original I let it slide. The artwork is amazing! A digital painter myself I can say that they took their time designing the characters. They created an excellent atmosphere with music and lighting/darkness.

I highly recommend this game!

[Post New]by hoangquynh78 on Mar 13, 10 8:21 AM
I very very love this game and waiting for next part.

got2play
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by got2play on Mar 15, 10 7:48 PM
This is a great game!

I used to think clowns were the creepiest - now it's puppets !

Any news on a sequel?

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Mar 18, 10 5:42 PM
A really nice HOG I think, good story, dark (I love dark stories), good graphics-what a pity it was so short.

ledinuke29
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ledinuke29 on Mar 21, 10 3:38 AM
I agree with poodlebear that the artwork alone makes me want to buy this game, it is very good. The objects are quite easy to find but for me, not too easy and the storyline is interesting, music not too intrusive.

I would have liked a timed option (I think I'm in a minority here ).

No-one should be put off by the:- WARNING: May contain disturbing imagery and themes, so far I haven't found anything to warrant it but maybe that depends on how easily one is disturbed and I suppose later on there may be some things that make the warning necessary. I would guess at 'spookiness' rather than 'blood and gore' hopefully lol.

Have played for only half an hour but I love it and will definitely buy it.

eta: hope you get to play it Blabs, it's a good 'un

[Post New]by angelicag93 on Mar 25, 10 3:32 PM
LOVE THIS GAME!!! It's one of my favorites! I found it was a bit harder than I'm used to, but I am new to these games. I love the puppets and graphics and story!! I wish the puppets came to life at the end When is part 2 coming??

GRANDMANONNI
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,005 Posts

[Post New]by GRANDMANONNI on Apr 4, 10 12:44 PM
I love this type of game, but this one was too easy. Will play the sequel, but hope it is much more difficult. I have a MAC, and no tech problems at all.

lizzay4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lizzay4 on Apr 4, 10 6:40 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Graphics are great, puzzles not too challenging, which was perfect for my frame of mind. Enjoyed the back and forth looking for clues and puzzles. Great game, looking forward to the next chapter.

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Apr 4, 10 9:58 PM
I Loved this game. I hope part 2 will come soon.

[Post New]by Weedance on Apr 4, 10 10:40 PM
Hi to all and especially krissywillow - a special message to you re: Puppetshow.

Yep, loved Puppetshow: Mystery of Joyville as well, and if you loved the graphics, then try Dire Grove, The Painted Tower or Mystery Case Files - Return to Ravenshurst all of which have great graphics.

I have been hankering for Puppetshow to come out on Mac. It took months to get here.

I agree with all about Puppetshow: too short, too easy minigames and too much hand-holding. Ditch the twinkles please! GreenMoon was sensational because there was no hand holding and it took me days to get through it and I just loved that about it. I like a challenge AND I love gorgeous imaginative graphics with a spine tingling storyline.

Ravenshurt Mystery had the best games to unlock the doors. Very, very unusual and weird to work out and there were no clues. Great stuff.

[Post New]by colibrimoon on Apr 5, 10 11:34 AM
The graphics are great! I did have problems with downloading the game, but after the second try I played without a hitch. The creepiness surprised me! Oh, oh, I didn't read the warning so I wasn't prepared;but, I like it. That little spider thingy was a trip! I downloaded the game but was called away and the hour was over by the time I returned to my computer. I bought the game based on the beautiful visuals and wasn't disappointed. Good game!

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Apr 7, 10 8:58 PM
i pretty much agree with the other comments i've seen. it's a beauty, this game--it can't be denied. the art/story/music alone are well worth the price.

Go to: