Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by artvv2008 on Dec 2, 09 12:55 PM
This is the best of the very best of their games. love love!!!!
I hope they keep going this way . can't say enough good things
about this game. i have all mcf games but this is the best.

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Dec 2, 09 12:59 PM
One person says this is illegal - how about the thousands of us that are perfectly satisfied. This game is worth the money and one you will play more than once. I am sure a lot of expense went into making Dire Grove. If you are not satisfied with the way BF does business, there are other game sites you can go to. Of course you would probably find fault with them too.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Dec 2, 09 1:12 PM
I've never had a problem with BigFish games and I'm delighted to find a new MCF after being away for a bit. Yay!

[Post New]by nancareba on Dec 2, 09 2:21 PM
I agree completely. Great game but I was expecting some kind of bonus due to the price increase. All I can figure is you paid much more only to not have to wait. I have been a member for years and this is the first time I paid this much money for a game. I like the Mysrery Case Files series very much and thought maybe they were going to offer another game or verison choices. Oh well.

gamecrayz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by gamecrayz on Dec 2, 09 2:41 PM
Hello fellow gamers,

Very much enjoyed this game, in total I played approximately 12 hours prior to completing. I found the puzzles fun and I had the collector's edition. I used the strategy guide only 1x, and hints perhaps 2x. I prefer to not use them.

The overall different types of processes, such as object find, morphing objects, mini puzzles was a very nice mix.

Since Ravenhurst I have found myself "hooked, like a Big Fish" on the MCF games.

Anxiously await more, more, and thensome...

Great job!

[Post New]by baustian2007 on Dec 2, 09 2:46 PM
I loved this game. At times I had to look at what to do next. But most of it I figured out. Two thumbs up for this game. It was hard to quit playing. I have to questions about the game. I never used the soap or the snowshoes. Now I know I should have washed clothes. But, where did I need the snowshoes. And before the power was on I put the meat in the microwave and it worked. But, all in all I loved it. Thanks

[Post New]by Tamster64 on Dec 2, 09 2:59 PM
Loved the game! Can't wait to play it over. Missed the tour of the offices and some extras but will try again. PS Love the Madame Fate Bobblehead....lol

malacious
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by malacious on Dec 2, 09 3:26 PM
Love this game!!! I/m playing it for the 3rd time still missing something because my ladder is gone!

[Post New]by bobbyparis on Dec 2, 09 3:56 PM
The MCF games since Ravenhearst are all amazing and look forward to playing many more in the future. Even after Dire Grove, my favorite by far is RTR. I felt DG was a little too easy sin the search screens.

Either way - I love the games and will continue to purchase and play whatever direction they head to.

Thanks BFG!

[Post New]by maxine1988 on Dec 2, 09 4:43 PM
This is a great game. Felt like the real detective. Loved the story line. I admit I used the "walkthru" a couple of times which was really helpful. Only took 2 days to finish. Like reading a good book, I hated to stop for the night.

[Post New]by Jonahsmomma on Dec 2, 09 4:55 PM
So I am super confused. If I want to play this game, I have to pay $20 and none of my acquired credits will count towards the purchase? Is it ever going to be 6.99? I am super addicted to all the MCF games and would love to spend the upcoming winter storms hunkered down with a new one, but not if it's that much money. I'm sorry, but I don't spend an extra $15 dollars to watch storyboards.

[Post New]by TexasPebbles on Dec 2, 09 5:40 PM
Okay, have played this game 3 times now. Really not interested in playing it anymore. I played RTR many times and will continue to play many more. Really disappointed in the "bonus levels" and such....and what is all the talk about the Easter eggs? I have no clue to that one.

Please please please bring us another RTR! Thanks!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 2, 09 5:42 PM
The $6.99 version will be out soon, but don't know when. Earlyish December as far as we know.

[Post New]by thundertooth on Dec 2, 09 5:45 PM
from the main site:

"Every game, Every day $6.99"

Except why can I not get this one for that price? BFG can charge whatever they want, but don't deceive customers. Especially ones that have been paying them $6.99 a month for years.

Either change the slogan or change the price. You can't bait and switch like that.

[Post New]by abasltx on Dec 2, 09 6:30 PM
Question: it says the regular edition will be released in early December. It's early December! I am a grad student and cannot afford to pay the $20.00 for the Collector's Edition, but will be more than happy to pay $6.99 for the regular edition. Would someone be able to tell me when the $6.99 version will be released?? I'm eagerly awaiting playing the new MCF! I've been playing MCF games since Huntsville and am so excited about the version. Thanks!

Amy

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Dec 2, 09 6:54 PM
Well I gave in and bought the Collectors Edition and I love it all. I have played right through and going through it again. I have to say I don't like it so much without the morphing thingys, might just create a new profile and start again to get the whole thing. If I make up enough names I just might get through without using a hint but I'm just enjoying it. Every MCF game has more wow factor with so many things going on in Dire Grove what can they add to the next one? I do think a Madam Fate 2 would be fantastic, loads of mystical stuff, my brain is spinning.....can't wait for the next one. By the way I have no complaints about the price, well worth it!
Hey! When did I get to be a starfish? I thought I was a seahorse?

Edited on 12/02/2009 at 7:20:35 PM PST

[Post New]by jnwhitener on Dec 2, 09 7:21 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:
k_anth wrote:Hi, I've purchased and played the Collector's Edition, but don't seem to have the extras like the 'bonus' easter egg levels and puzzles that reveal secrets to past and future MCF cases ... has anyone else had this issue, or can anyone point out where these extras might be?

Thanks...

K_anth,

I just finished and had the same problem. I did not find the 50th item (no fair, BFG, making an item that you HAVE to get the first time through, or you lose access to it - this is my ONLY "play of game" complaint).

If anyone has an answer other than play the whole game again, I'll be delighted to hear it.

Of course, I WILL definitely be playing again, just not this minute....it took around 7 hours...and worth every second!

I, too, am having a problem finding all 50 morphing items. I know where the 50th is (the skull in the banshee scene) but I'm short one. Let me know if you find the missing one :-)

[Post New]by jnwhitener on Dec 2, 09 7:31 PM
Okay, I know this is suppose to be the place to review and comment about the game, but I'm having a problem. First of all, I love the game! Although, it was a little short. However, I'm still trying to figure out all the little achievements, etc, so it makes up for being a short game. Anyway, I'm having a problem solving the puzzle on the barrel in the grocery store's basement. And what number do you use for the phone? That whole little room, I assume, is a little extra, but I want to figure it out. Hint anyone?

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Dec 2, 09 10:00 PM
Argh I spent all day downloading and installing the game and I have fallen at the last hurdle. The activation failed! Argh.

*discards brown paper bag for hyperventilation*

Activated.

Edited on 12/02/2009 at 10:04:11 PM PST

JMAlshik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Sorry, no trial version is available for this game.

[Post New]by JMAlshik on Dec 2, 09 10:32 PM
So why is it I have been reading that other BFG users can download the trial version but alas when you sign in the message pops up "sorry, no trial version available"... First of all if you are going to charge more than the regular version then you should allow us to try it out before we actually commit to the higher cost... from the posts I have read so far regarding the bonus features I am a little reluctant to even dive into the purchase... any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

Go to: