sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 26, 16 6:55 PM
Amerige............nice post!

Wishtar..........what you said looks good to me.

Fuzzy..........I vote with my pocketbook.........have bought a pack of diamonds with every update that I liked........and same for the events............I DO NOT BUY DIAMONDS WHEN UNHAPPY!!

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 26, 16 7:18 PM
As we have not heard whether anyone "in charge" is reading these posts, I feel that these 20 pages are WORTHLESS.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:18 PM
all right, i threw it up there like wet spaghetti, let see if something sticks! still think the opposition should create their own. old school, i guess

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:20 PM
Sadie!!!! So sorry to read how bad you feel. I do as well, All your hard work and creativity that you shared with us all. My hope is to see what happens with the signature page and then forward directly to devs! Have to try something here, right?

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:27 PM
can someone please post this on facebook????

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:36 PM
well, i guess we'll see how looks in the morning, so far not so good. 3 out of 30. 10%. Are we the crazy ones?

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 26, 16 7:39 PM
Naw.....just the ones that don't dip the toes to test......jump right in......LOL **D**

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 26, 16 7:45 PM
wishtar wrote:Agreed, but was sort of thinking if they wanted their own petition then they would start it. I am at level 69 but haven't finished it. Have very little inventory and less than $3000 coins so I'm a play and gift as you go kind

Yes, GoHill capitalism at its best (and worst) LOL. working some signature things out.

I am not for supporting the apathetic or oppositionists, and am disinclined to help them. Meaning no disrespect to their opinion but why would I apply any energy toward something that logically makes no sense?

Having vented, will step back and rethink about setting them up with a a place to voice their opinion as well

I really meant, that if they wanted to start their own thread, I would think that it would be in their best interest to do so... and that though, I don't support the update, I would support their right to vote for what they believe in...

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 7:53 PM
Ah yes, as do I? I'm big on voting. If you don't vote, you have lost the right to complain, Right?!

[Post New]by zoe_catastic on Jan 26, 16 8:00 PM
I am a newbie at level 22. I have been playing for about 2 months and was really enjoying everything about the game....that is until today when my game received the new update. I have not amassed umpteen pages of quest items and have 120,000 coins. I am still just learning the ropes and felt the update was a slap in the face to low level players. I only have 6 friends and happily gave the quest items or stamps they had on their wish list if I had them. Now I feel I will have to hoard them just to be able to move forward. It is only the first day and I have already lost interest as all I receive from playing HOS is shards or a paltry 15 coins. I was always excited when i would have to work hard to finish a quest & then would get a break on a quest once in a while because i had earned quest items while doing my rounds and could use them on the next quest. Now i only do the HOS that help toward completing my current quests and don't even bother to do the rounds.

This update does not motivate me to spend real cash to buy diamonds. It motivates me to find a new game or other more enjoyable real life pastimes. I don't know how this affects high level players. Perhaps it is better for their game play and if that's the case, then that's great. They have been playing the game longer and deserve to be rewarded. It is unfortunate that the devs couldn't have come up with a compromise for all levels. I just know that for me, I am disappointed that I will not have MC to play any longer, but if you no longer enjoy it, it's time to move on to something better. I guess it's better to have this happen now before I have invested more time & money in the game.

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 8:03:12 PM PST

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Jan 26, 16 8:03 PM
Wishtar:

I'm with you on the petition for the Loveits - let them make their own in between engaging in faulty math and waiting up for the Great Pumpkin. Having said that, I'm not sure what good a petition will do. Supposedly the hard working mods are passing our concerns on to higher HQ and Mastadon Games (it's a joke bfgpeeps!) so doubt if a petition would do any good. Oh, I'll sign it. You never know.

Has anyone ever heard of a dev actually communicating with the masses? Might be something in their contract that only BFG personnel can talk to us. Of course, BFG peeps could pass on the reassurance that the dev's are listening, or tell us the dev's have said this is the way it is - live with it. I'm sure most agree that the continued silence is frustrating and not conducive to good customer relations. Because that's what we are - customers. If you don't care about your customers, it won't be long before they take their custom elsewhere.

Kingratso

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jan 26, 16 8:04 PM
wishtar wrote:well, i guess we'll see how looks in the morning, so far not so good. 3 out of 30. 10%. Are we the crazy ones?

I gladly signed!!! I just cannot find any enjoyment in searching the HOS now...not quitting yet, but not really playing...I will go in the game collect my daily reward...spin my free wheel(unless they ever decide to let me have an egg on it...then they will actually get some of my coins!!!)...and do some gifting....I will give them a chance to change it back....but I will not be completing any of the Daily Quests that eat up inventory thats for sure......and I will definitely not be buying anymore diamonds, unless they change it back...feel so burned with the purchase I made before this update!!! As the only real reason I play between updates is to do the DQ....which means I need inventory items...not 15 coins or 1 lousy shard!!!!

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Jan 26, 16 8:17 PM
Signed! I would add my alts in but Nimie doesn't count (as she is forever 17 until I start banging my head against a wall with Dal)! Oh well, I don't see how this will do any good. It's not like the Mods haven't seen what is going on. I've also been reading the facebook page and it's much the same as it is here.

While I do like the side quests for something to do, I every time I see a shard or coin drop from the Belfry, Gaming Table, Broken Well, Frozen Treasure and Mosaic Panel. Okay, I really don't cry but I pout for 10 seconds and move along. I can't NOT play but I'm playing the bare minimum. Perhaps I should go back to the game I played for years before this. At least the developers of that game have let it go and moved on. I'm still trying to stay pretty optimistic for a pessimist!

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Jan 26, 16 8:19 PM
ok, this is pretty funny. We can't go by the %age thing because I keep checking the thread. Cracked myself up, I'm such a ding dong. LOL. It's ok, I really needed the laugh, even at myself.
Love to all

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 26, 16 8:39 PM
wishtar, I understood what you wrote to mean, you were looking at number of views... I looked at number of posts...

Rahia... I view my current feelings as realistic as opposed to pessimistic... is it realistic for me to be able to do DQs that involved ZZ's?.....no... so, is it realistic that I will ever finish those achievements?... no... Is it realistic for me to finish Trina achievements involving keys and quests?... no.... Since I'll need my coins, even if I do get an egg on the wheel, is it wise to spend those coins trying to get an egg?.... no... so, is it realistic for me to achieve the egg-centric.... no.... And since the only ZZs I will do now, are those associated with character quests... is it realistic that I will complete Zoomer..... no.... It's a reality check of what I will reasonably be able to do and what is not reasonable to accomplish... My apathy is in regards to these achievements, can't do them, sooo, I stopped caring about trying... I'm not apathetic towards the actual game... yet.. when it gets to that point... then it'll be time for me to do another reality check... .... course, hope would return with the return of the HO items

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Jan 26, 16 9:19 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Amerige............nice post!

Fuzzy..........I vote with my pocketbook.........have bought a pack of diamonds with every update that I liked........and same for the events............I DO NOT BUY DIAMONDS WHEN UNHAPPY!!

Thanks, sbaker2318

Wishtar - adding 11 games to the petition. I also wanted to add my $$$ spent on MC - will that be ok?

Fuzzy - I am right there also - just did a rough tally of real money spent on fake diamonds to date, playing since Day 1. I have spent $2,304 on MC for diamonds purchases. Not to mention just in the last 90 days, $286 on collector editions I have yet to play other than the demo because I am so darn committed to MC in my very small window of 2-3 hours of free time each day. On the up side, looks like I have a whole lot of games to play in the event I leave MC.

If Elephant/BF doesn't understand our emotions, perhaps we should add our monetary contributions along with our names to the petition. It has been my experience, when the money leaves, it gets someone's attention. Even buying one pack of diamonds means you love the game enough to part with your very real money! And every penny matters!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 26, 16 9:20 PM
Armerige wrote:
sbaker2318 wrote:Amerige............nice post!

Thanks, sbaker2318

Wishtar - adding 11 games to the petition. I also wanted to add my $$$ spent on MC - will that be ok?

Fuzzy - I am right there also - just did a rough tally of real money spent on fake diamonds to date, playing since Day 1. I have spent $2,304 on MC for diamonds purchases. Not to mention just in the last 90 days, $286 on collector editions I have yet to play other than the demo because I am so darn committed to MC in my very small window of 2-3 hours of free time each day. On the up side, looks like I have a whole lot of games to play in the event I leave MC.

If Elephant/BF doesn't understand our emotions, perhaps we should add our monetary contributions along with our names to the petition. It has been my experience, when the money leaves, it gets someone's attention. Even buying one pack of diamonds means you love the game enough to part with your very real money! And every penny matters!
....do ya like the clementines?... **D**

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 26, 16 9:50 PM
Armerige.... right there with ya... HAHAHAHAHA

Have to say though, in the whole scheme of things, considering they probably make what I would spend per month every tenth of a second, it's more like... gohill?? who??? to them... ...... though, if there are more of us who have withdrawn our support than those who continue their support... it "might" make a difference, only time will tell...

It IS a Free to Play game... but it's also a for-profit company, and companies do not make games to LOSE money.. I see three possible scenarios, profits remain high, resulting in no incentive to change... Profits drop, resulting in an incentive to change... Profits drastically drop, and that may end the game... Robbing Peter to pay Paul, is not usually the wisest business decision... we'll see... Unlike the game, I do not have a crystal ball...

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Jan 26, 16 11:06 PM
I just received an answer to a PM I sent to a moderator. They are reading this thread and are passing everything on to the developers so post your frustration with the game but don't get nasty, just stay on point. They are paying attention.

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 11:07:13 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jan 26, 16 11:17 PM
GrandmaTyra wrote:I just received an answer to a PM I sent to a moderator. They are reading this thread and are passing everything on to the developers so post your frustration with the game but don't get nasty, just stay on point. They are paying attention.

This is very good to know! It means we should receive a detailed explanation, as well as a solution!

Go to: