bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Hidden Island

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 8, 09 5:02 AM
No Forum yet. I just played the Demo. This is a new take on Match 3. It has some powerups and one mini Bonus game (shoot the birds). I finished level 13 and was into 14 when time ran out. I believe it has 50 levels. There are three ways to play, Adventure, Endless and another I have forgotten. I played Endless which has no Timer. The other two have Timers I think and one of these involves finding artefacts as I seem to recall.

I did get bored and maybe should have tried the other options during the Demo. I do like this unique game play and hope to see it again in a little less boring form. I won't buy it now but won't forget it either. I would like to try the other two modes but not enough to buy it now. The bird shooting Bonus level was also boring and not difficult. I'd like to see maybe two or three other Bonus games to alternate with the bird shoot.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:Hidden Island

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jun 8, 09 5:12 AM
I liked the look of it from the screenshots and video, it looks very different and I may have to try the trial.
Thanks for the verdict!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 8, 09 5:27 AM
Thanks for the information on the new game bribling.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jun 8, 09 10:14 AM
I really enjoyed playing, it reminds me of Zenerchi.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

Hidden Island

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jun 8, 09 10:21 AM
bribling wrote: I won't buy it now but won't forget it either.

I wish someone could teach me how to do that ... I went to demo puzzle park, the other day, and only had a minute left, don't have a clue on if I liked it or not, lol.

Thanks bribling for the info, I was looking at it, but hadn't decided what to do. ..

game? what game? lol.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jun 8, 09 1:15 PM
Hi Bribling,

Just popping in to let you know that I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the official Hidden Island forum.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jun 8, 09 1:21 PM
Action mode is with a timer, and the only thing I didn't like was if you lose you back to level one .. I got as far as level 9 after many attempts (within the demo time) and didn't get an extra life or anything. Does have some interesting powerups but not very consistent with how they work.
The adventure mode I only played a couple of times, it is removing the pieces that have symbols on them - probably within the time frame, but I didn't run into a time problem on the couple of levels that I played, so I am not sure - there were more and more symbols on the pieces as the levels increased.
The back to the beginning thing was the deal breaker for me.

*on a side note - the fact that this review will not even stay on page one, for other to read as they try to decide (because an individual forum is opened the same day) is one of the biggest reasons why I miss TGT ... the reviews for trying the new games are too hard to find - I think they should stay in chit chat for the first day as everyone puts general game information review stuff in there - so it gets max exposure - on a business side note, if it is hard to find, people may not even try the demo if it isn't their type of game, and thus the opportunity to sell them the game is also diminished.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jun 8, 09 1:29 PM
I liked the game alot but can't buy just now. But will keep on the maybe list.
I also agree with cpt. I sure miss tgt. Can't wait to have it back. Thanks again picman.
giggyann

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 8, 09 2:06 PM
I really liked the game. Its new and different. I did buy it as I think it has replay value. Thanks for something besides a time management game.

rainroosty
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rainroosty on Jun 8, 09 2:41 PM
What's "TGT"?

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jun 8, 09 2:44 PM
'Tomorrows Game Today'
It was a preview for Game Club members of the new game release. It went up a day ahead of general public release, and therefore no forum - so the reviews and all that for a new game where always easy to find in the chit chat section without having to go to the specific game forum.
hope that makes sense

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Jun 8, 09 4:28 PM
chandlersmom wrote:I really liked the game. Its new and different. I did buy it as I think it has replay value. Thanks for something besides a time management game.

So very much agree!! I was beginning to think that BFG had changed to all time management games. I do enough of that at work - playing a game where you have to do the same thing just doesn't appeal to me. Let's have something different! I'll at least demo Hidden Island because it does look different and it's not time management!!

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jun 8, 09 5:56 PM
jinocchio49 wrote:I really enjoyed playing, it reminds me of Zenerchi.

hi jino, i agree very much like zenerchi but nowhere near as good IMO

i recommend anyone who hasn't tried Zenerchi, and is on the fence about this one, demo Zenerchi first

Zenerchi doesnt have the bird blasting minigame, you just keep progressing thru harder and harder levels, graphics much better it's just an allround better game i think

funny someone else just mentioned Zenerchi in a thread a few days back about your personal "go to" game, the one you keep going back to again and again, i've owned it about as long as it's been out and still play it once every few weeks

give it a try first if you're not sure about this one

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jun 8, 09 6:00 PM
This is the game for all of us who hate timers. The endless mode has the announcement as you scroll over it that you can't lose here. Not only that but if you don't make a match in 10 seconds it prompts you on the next move.

It's a real different match 3 game, I puchased it after the demo. Those timer games just make me too nervous, and after all I'm buying the game to enjoy, not to get aggravated

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Jun 9, 09 12:12 AM
ANYTHING beats time management. but this one bored me after just a few minutes.
I played all three game modes, not that much difference with any. Very good graphics, but once you shoot the birds, you don't care to do it twice much less over and over. There is no real goal to shoot for or mystery to solve, therefore I think it is a poor match game.

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on Jun 9, 09 8:21 AM
this is a cool new take on match 3
i dont usually play them cause they get boring
this one does but not until youve played it for like 45 min lol

lovesunrises
Flounder
Flounder
2,058 Posts

[Post New]by lovesunrises on Jun 10, 09 8:02 AM
I purchased this game and I am enjoying it.

I was curious if anyone has had trouble getting past level 35 in Adventure mode or is it just me?

Is there a level you are stuck in?

Does anyone have any tips to share on how I might get past level 35? I keep trying and trying and can't beat the clock in time to eliminate the symbols. It is a harder game once you get past certain levels.

Any help you can give or just sharing your experience in the game would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you fishes.

LoveSunrises

[Post New]by lazyone777 on Jun 15, 09 12:03 AM
Hi there,

This is my first time posting in a forum. How do you get rid of the flashing hints?

This senior citizen needs help.

Thanks a Bunch!!!

Edited on 06/15/2009 at 1:00:37 AM PST

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jul 1, 09 11:28 PM
Played it for a little while, but was a bit boring and annoying to me, I just didn't like the concept of the silly wheel turning as you matched three, it sounded better than the actual experience was, so I don't think I'll be getting this one. Uninstalled.

Go to: