Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 14, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 6:49:10 AM PST

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by micky1955 on Mar 14, 15 12:41 AM
Sides of the screen are chopped off and have to use CTRL + ALT +DEL to exit game. I have Windows 7 64bit. I have a 24 inch wide screen monitor and now the game screen is about 120mm x 150mm with a big black border taking up the rest of the screen.

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 5:09:32 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 14, 15 1:07 AM
I am having trouble controlling my cursor, it won't stay where I put it!

Thanks for pointer help!

There is a problem with game going around like a Mexican Jumping Bean & As many have said I hope that there is an update soon!

Edited on 03/20/2015 at 4:52:04 PM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 14, 15 1:12 AM
Using the magic hand doesn't work.
Overall the cursor is quite "murky" and not easily controlled.

I played the beta, then the hand could be used as intended.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Mar 14, 15 1:42 AM
the window is too small it wont feel the screen using window 7 I never had this problem before

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Mar 14, 15 1:55 AM
Operating system is Windows 7 - not opening in full screen. Thought it was my laptop but all other games open normally. Would have written sooner but been checking laptop and everything is working and set properly so must be the game. Is it possible this is just for the demo? Wouldn't have thought so, but anything is possible I suppose!!

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Mar 14, 15 2:01 AM
I beta demo this game and is was working properly don't know what happen

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Mar 14, 15 2:02 AM
go to options, and click on full screen, and curser off if its dodgy, I am on a pc using windows 7, cant say I've had a problem, just love the meg size! bloody awesome mate

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 14, 15 2:14 AM
I am at the tree. Hint points to where the hand was. I have lost the hand. I don't know what happened to it.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 14, 15 2:15 AM
Select full screen in options. That will fill up your screen.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 14, 15 2:32 AM
The magic hand don't work.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 14, 15 2:37 AM
To use the "hand of light" properly you first have to use the hand icon as an inventory item (obviously), then click on the hollow circle, and finally hold your mouse button down to trace the lines. I'm not sure why the developers included the extra step of clicking on the hollow circle first before you can trace but they did.

ETA - Contrary to what other people are posting, you have more control if you hold down the mouse button which is why I offered that advice. This works especially well if you are having an issue with lagging.

Edited on 05/22/2015 at 9:06:31 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 14, 15 3:24 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:To use the "hand of light" properly you first have to use the hand icon as an inventory item (obviously), then click on the hollow circle, and finally hold your mouse button down to trace the lines. I'm not sure why the developers included the extra step of clicking on the hollow circle first before you can trace but they did.

Hmm, well I think it may be that you don't have to hold the mouse button down to trace the lines once you have clicked on the "circle". At least that is the way it works for me. It sure makes it easier for me to do with arthritis, too!

Thanks Devs if this is the way it is supposed to work! I hope other Devs follow this example.

Happy Gaming,
BK

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on Mar 14, 15 4:00 AM
I have taken off the custom cursor but the game still lags. It is difficult to pinpoint areas of things to do because of the lag. After playing for an hour and a half I am fed up of playing sooooo slowly. I will probably ask for my money back!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 14, 15 4:01 AM
Hint is not working...

Screen also too smal, but got that fixed within the options..

Cursor is lagging as well..

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 5:38:08 AM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 14, 15 4:09 AM
VTCT wrote:I am having trouble controlling my cursor, it won't stay where I put it!

Go into Control Panel and select your mouse.
Select the "Pointer Options" tab and enable your mouse pointer precision.

Hope it helps?

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 14, 15 4:42 AM
shelterhill wrote:Hint is not working...

Screen also too smal, but got that fixed within the options..

Cursor is lacking as well..

Check the difficulty options again and see if the hint is selected. When I had set my options for custom difficulty, I did notice that the hint button was not selected and left if that way since I am finding that if it is selected, the developers have decided to show me glints as to where all the items are in HO scenes even when I have selected the longest hint times, etc.
I hope this helps you.

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Mar 14, 15 5:09 AM
Thank you 2dogsx2 and Robilyn for your help. I feel such a pillock for not thinking of this myself!! My only excuse (and am sticking to it) is that have never had to do it before so brain wasn't working.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 14, 15 5:09 AM
Thanks, I will look! Poof11!

Edit; it helped, but this was the first time i ever had to do this..

anyway, not my game either, too bad, loved the others!

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 5:35:52 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 14, 15 6:49 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Go to: