joshua67
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Chess Pieces and Warehouse

[Post New]by joshua67 on Mar 14, 15 1:47 AM
Hi

I have managed to finish the gold chess set but seem to be having problems finding the last 2 for the silver.

I was wondering if anyone had finished both chess sets yet and if so could give me advice on which countries to visit most?

Also I have done the ware house quest and got up to 84 but the guy has stopped giving me quests to get for him. am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Chess Pieces and Warehouse

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 14, 15 5:30 AM
I have finished both sets.. Here's my suggestion.

- Start at Italy. Go through all countries (except Spain/Romania)
- Play 1 round of all modes (picky, silhouette, fast, picture)
- Before playing the mode check the reward bar to see if the piece is there. That way, if for some reason it is but doesn't drop you'll know which country/mode you need to focus on.

They are there, I promise. It might just take a little bit.

As far as the warehouse. Did you participate in Valentine's Day? Right now, my count is 88/106. The 4 you are missing should be the V-Day collections. The next one is Easter.

You won't be able to finish those quests until the special collections are redeemed. Those will be triggered with events throughout the year.

Dreyrabb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Dreyrabb on Mar 16, 15 2:21 PM
I just found out that you don't need all of the chess pieces to BOTH sets to complete the challenge... when I completed the gold set, I played the "switch the chess pieces to the correct place" game with that set twice and lo and behold, by doing that completed the "Find all chess pieces" quest, even though I don't have all the silver chess pieces!

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Apr 19, 15 7:14 AM
Finally, the last chess piece dropped. And the observatory pieces too!

RE: Warehouse. Finally figured out who Odin is. How do I get the London Bridge photo to complete the collection photos of scenery? Auction? And any other piece I am missing? All auction?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 19, 15 7:31 AM
auction or buy with gold. Never released London Bridge, Korean Service Medal, and White and Blue plate. Extremely rares (only appeared in quests) Lava Teapot, Staffordshire Victorian Teapot, Otter and Porcupine stamps.

Fairly rare and available during quests at a very reasonable rate, all those restarting game or new games, should stop and collect several of these before closing quests too: Cotton Cutie, Evening Gown, Mythical Cameo, and English Rose teapot (will be attached to the Staffordshire quest I think).

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 19, 15 9:05 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:auction or buy with gold. Never released London Bridge, Korean Service Medal, and White and Blue plate. Extremely rares (only appeared in quests) Lava Teapot, Staffordshire Victorian Teapot, Otter and Porcupine stamps.

Fairly rare and available during quests at a very reasonable rate, all those restarting game or new games, should stop and collect several of these before closing quests too: Cotton Cutie, Evening Gown, Mythical Cameo, and English Rose teapot (will be attached to the Staffordshire quest I think).

I have one game stalled out getting the Shot of France, too, while I work on the plane in my other game. I accidentally finished the quest for the Staffordshire Teapot, made me soooo mad.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 19, 15 10:15 AM
Turned out Staffordshire not as popular as Shot of France, I attribute this to the Lava Teapot also missing from the game. Next one up for us is the Mythical Cameo on the yacht. Yippee!

dizplace
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dizplace on Apr 19, 15 11:02 AM
I have not done the chess quests yet, but when I did the Knights of the Round I went to the puzzle site, clicked open the quest to find Gauntlet, Sword etc. pieces and then clicked the Go button I got flashing quests over the countries where the items were. Wonder if that would work here.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Apr 20, 15 3:08 AM
That's fine when it works (which it does most of the time) - but sometimes the flashes are over the wrong country - so you need to be careful. If the item doesn't drop after going round all the modes, then you may need to try another country instead. For example, the gauntlet seems to send you to Italy, but the piece you want is actually in Argentina......

Edited on 04/20/2015 at 3:11:02 AM PST

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Apr 20, 15 4:33 AM
My Odin quests for the warehouse collectibles have disappeared. Is there a gap between some of them? Or is there something I need to do in the warehouse itself. I have 88 done of 106

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 20, 15 4:35 AM
No more Odin, with the gleaming head? Lucky you. I think the 88 is the top right now. It will be interesting to hear of Odin is MIA on other games too.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 20, 15 5:42 AM
I'm at 92/106.

marycka
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by marycka on Apr 20, 15 6:13 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I'm at 92/106.

same here

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Apr 20, 15 6:16 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:No more Odin, with the gleaming head? Lucky you. I think the 88 is the top right now. It will be interesting to hear of Odin is MIA on other games too.

Thanks Oddly & Chestnut. I actually liked doing this part of the AES quests; of course, I had already completed most of them Naturally it has to disappear.

Stuck on the last 5 pieces of the royal treasure exhibit. I played all of the countries, 4 times each (including Spain and Romania) and still can't get the last five pieces to drop. And still no last 2 blueprint pieces in Teodi's. That used to be my favorite mini game, but not anymore

Many connections issues today, more than normal. Was playing flower shop and turtle to collect gold, but now the squirrel won't drop for me. It was the teddy bear, up to today. I am home sick with ear/sinus infection, so thought I would get more gold, since i spent most of mine buying my way out of the AES buildings. Glad i did though. Happy gaming

Mad48
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mad48 on Apr 20, 15 7:23 AM
I've put together the Gold and Silver chess sets up to Guru level but am I supposed to be able to do something with the chess set on the table? Or is there another part to this area?

Merlion
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Merlion on Apr 21, 15 1:18 AM
pdennis1416 wrote:My Odin quests for the warehouse collectibles have disappeared. Is there a gap between some of them? Or is there something I need to do in the warehouse itself. I have 88 done of 106

I too could only finished with 88/106 as I did not finished my Valentines quest so 4 is missing I will have to wait until next Valentine to get the missing 4. The highest anyone can get at the moment is 92/106.

Edited on 04/21/2015 at 1:19:42 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 21, 15 4:14 AM
pdennis1416 wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:No more Odin, with the gleaming head? Lucky you. I think the 88 is the top right now. It will be interesting to hear of Odin is MIA on other games too.

Thanks Oddly & Chestnut. I actually liked doing this part of the AES quests; of course, I had already completed most of them Naturally it has to disappear.

Stuck on the last 5 pieces of the royal treasure exhibit. I played all of the countries, 4 times each (including Spain and Romania) and still can't get the last five pieces to drop. And still no last 2 blueprint pieces in Teodi's. That used to be my favorite mini game, but not anymore

Many connections issues today, more than normal. Was playing flower shop and turtle to collect gold, but now the squirrel won't drop for me. It was the teddy bear, up to today. I am home sick with ear/sinus infection, so thought I would get more gold, since i spent most of mine buying my way out of the AES buildings. Glad i did though. Happy gaming

Spain & Romania are good to get the RAN owls to get gold, but the pieces are not there.. They are only located in the other countries. Have you checked your reward bar before playing?

And I agree, Teodi's has lost it's luster. But compared it their other FTP- AK, I like these mini-games a lot better.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 21, 15 4:16 AM
Mad48 wrote:I've put together the Gold and Silver chess sets up to Guru level but am I supposed to be able to do something with the chess set on the table? Or is there another part to this area?

Nope. Once you've put them together once.. that's it. You can play to get coin, but no other quests are associated with it.

Go to: