San Francisco Level 108

[Post New]by davidwpenny on Mar 14, 15 11:35 PM
How is it possible to pass this level with only 8 moves? Trying to complete the Master Builder level. Last one I need to do to get all my pipes. Don't know how many times I have tried it and not even come close to 450,000 points.

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 11:36:14 PM PST

WileEC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:San Francisco Level 108

[Post New]by WileEC on Mar 16, 15 3:13 PM
You have to sacrifice a goat and a chicken - with levels like this - it's pure luck.

Porjoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Porjoe on Mar 17, 15 11:52 PM
david.... just know that you're not the only one who can't (yet) get 108.

heck I've sacrificed every animal in the neighborhood and even threatened to go out and fine a girlfriend I can do unspeakable things to in hopes of getting 108.

hey... and second thought maybe I should just put this game down and go find that girl..... )

All seriousness aside... if anyone has a good approach, I'd sure like to try it.
has anyone made it ???

Are ya listening gummy????

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 18, 15 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was just swimming by and noticed that you mentioned there was some trouble with this level. I struggled with this level quite a bit too. Not to worry though, because there is hope of getting past it!

At the bottom of level 108, you'll notice that there are 3 stacks of Lightning Bolts . Since there are only 8 moves, you'll want to start by switching two of those bolts together to clear out not only the chained gummies, but the top layer of tiled gummies as well.

Then, once the board had finished filling up again, you can switch one more pair of Lightning Bolts to get the rest of those tiles. This will leave you with 2 more Lightning Bolts and 6 moves to finish getting the rest of the score that is needed to beat the level.

Hope this helps
bfgLianorm

Porjoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Porjoe on Mar 18, 15 12:48 PM
Thanks for the advice, but it's a bit useless at the Master Level. With your instructions, I still can't make it to a score of 400,000+.

Heck, I've even had 8 lightning bolts total; the orignal 6 plus 2 I created along the way. That's 7 moves: 3 moves for the first 3 pairs, 2 moves to create another 2 bolts and 2 moves to use those bolts.

A couple of times I was even lucky enuf to create a couple of arrows or stars to combine with one of the bolts. And I once had a total of 8 pairs of bolts all used in pairs. I still didn't make the grade. I was close, but no bananas.

Know what really hurts?? Playing my 3 lives on this one level (max 24 moves) goes by so quickly, I can't enjoy anything of the rest of the game.
~Joe

[Post New]by Doan11 on Mar 19, 15 3:59 PM
Yes it is possible, I made

WileEC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by WileEC on Mar 20, 15 4:38 PM
Yeah I had no trouble with the first two levels of 108, but even with the boosts and approach mentioned, it's still completely an issue of luck - which is lame. If the pieces don't fall in a way to take each other out and or produce arrows to use with the lightning bolts, it's a waste of the boosts and the gold it cost to get it. I've wasted plenty on it, trying to clear it - clearly they crank up the odds to make it near impossible, like they do with the mix on other levels.

I don't enjoy that aspect of the game, and in this city I see more than a dozen levels, so far, that are similar - no way to get the needed score without boosts to begin the game and perhaps several during the game - too rich for my wallet.

Edited on 03/20/2015 at 4:39:48 PM PST

Ginerg57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:San Francisco Level 108 master level

[Post New]by Ginerg57 on Aug 27, 15 7:57 AM
I agree with everyone. Hitting the required score is nearly impossible. I say nearly because others have passed the level. I agree it is random uck. It is by far the most difficult level in any city so far. Yes it is frustrating to the max to use up lives so quickly. Come on developer give us a break here. This level may very well b the end of my gummy drop adventure. When I completed the building I was really upset that I had to collect one remaining pipe to advance. Not fair guys when you change the rules in midstream! Shame on you!

yarnycakes
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by yarnycakes on Aug 27, 15 8:24 AM
'Random uck' indeed...

Still, it is possible...even I managed to do it

But fair warning: SF is a cakewalk compared to some of the other cities that lie ahead

[Post New]by elkayrite on Aug 28, 15 6:21 AM
My game, at the master level, has only 2 pairs of lightening bolts at the bottom, not 3 pairs, like everyone else here is describing. Is this a problem I need to report to the tech support?

Sziggy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Sziggy on Aug 28, 15 6:27 AM
My board shows two pairs of lightening bolts at the bottom at the master level also. Can't remember if there were more at the first two levels.

[Post New]by elkayrite on Aug 28, 15 10:48 AM
"At the bottom of level 108, you'll notice that there are 3 stacks of Lightning Bolts . Since there are only 8 moves, you'll want to start by switching two of those bolts together to clear out not only the chained gummies, but the top layer of tiled gummies as well."

Does this mean there should be 3 to 4 pairs of lightening bolts at the bottom of the board at the master levels?

[Post New]by elkayrite on Sep 1, 15 5:49 PM
I would appreciate advice on what type of boosts and how many I should start with to beat the master stage of this level. I can't move on until I get that last piece of pipe.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 1, 15 6:15 PM
elkayrite wrote:I would appreciate advice on what type of boosts and how many I should start with to beat the master stage of this level. I can't move on until I get that last piece of pipe.

Here's a recent post of mine:
Re: San Fransico 108-2/3
[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 17, 15 7:22 AM

FINALLY, I DID IT! After playing dozens of times without coming even close to the score, I had a break! The first pair of bolts gave me an avalanche of 250K points and after that I was able to finish without any extra moves or boosts!!!!! But I almost had a stroke as I was getting closer because I didn't have any coins to buy extra moves if needed!

So it's just pure luck, I'm certain now! Other than use the 4 given bolts as pairs there's no strategy involved. They should DEFINITELY do something about this irritating, annoying, unfriendly, unhealthy, stressful level, to name but few of the adjectives that come to mind! Come on, devs!!

I'll say it again, it's pure luck! Most of the times you will not even get close to the required score no matter what boosts you use. The only advice is to use the 4 initial bolts against each other immediately. If you delay they will be covered by sand. Also, you should have some cash available in order to buy extra moves that might be needed once you see you are getting there.

Note that there are a couple more threads on this level, you might want to take a look. Also, if you are desperate, customer support can pass the level for you, but only if you are playing on iOS (I was advised that at present they can't do it for PCs).

Go to: