Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 16, 15 1:17 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 03/16/2015 at 5:36:06 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Mar 16, 15 4:46 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Cannot download -- "access violation"

[Post New]by amminnc on Mar 16, 15 9:49 AM
I've downloaded this game 3 times -- cannot get it to open. I get an "access violation" message. I'm using a PC with Windows 7. Not having trouble with any other BF games this morning. Any suggestions?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 16, 15 10:23 AM
Hi amminnc,

I'm so sorry to hear that an access violation error message is appearing when trying to open this particular game. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

I recommend to look at the following help page:

Access Violation

If you are still seeing this error message pop up, let's then go ahead and contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by TomCatD on Mar 16, 15 2:00 PM
I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled the gave 2 times and re-downloaded it to no avail. I get the error the it closes the game. Please help!

[Post New]by nsan16 on Mar 17, 15 7:00 AM
I too am having this same issue. I have uninstalled the game many times and re-downloaded it to no avail. Using Windows 8 operating system. Please help with a fix. Thanks

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 7:11:30 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 17, 15 7:47 AM
Hi TomCatD and nsan16,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still seeing the Access Violation error message. Since this involves a little more troubleshooting, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help offer steps.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 21, 15 11:12 AM
Please be aware that when you contact BFG Tech Support you will first get an automatically generated email that says they'll get back to you, followed by ANOTHER automatic email with suggested fixes for common problems--whether you have them or not.

You must respond to that second message in order to be placed in the queue where a human will actually read your complaint.

[Post New]by dunvald on Mar 23, 15 6:11 AM
the city dock is missing on my map

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 23, 15 10:17 AM
IF you haven't been there yet, dunvald, this is a game feature, not a tech bug. It will appear once you've walked there from the Wizard's Tower area--that is, once you become a Citizen by accumulating enough Fame/reputation and being admitted by the city's gate guard.

Remember, the conceit is that you yourself add each new locale to the map.

Edited on 03/23/2015 at 10:18:24 AM PST

[Post New]by dunvald on Mar 23, 15 10:50 AM
i know that the problem apires after i have build the ship and it have done it again

[Post New]by yoyo232yoyo on Mar 30, 15 5:41 AM
I have played this twice and each time have found the Blue Rune in the cave and pick it up but it does not appear in the inventory and is therefore " lost"

[Post New]by thurzday on Mar 30, 15 5:54 PM
Although I have purchased 22 pieces of wood and it shows in my inventory, when I try to use it where needed, it shows I have 0 or 1, depending on the place.

Any suggestions.

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Apr 2, 15 1:52 PM
I am playing the demo on a PC. My display is fine side to side but with 2" blank bands top and bottom - like an old movie format on a TV. Is this how it is supposed to be? I have dozens of similar games and have never seen this before. The demo is automatically set at full screen.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Apr 5, 15 9:46 AM
I ADORED the first game and was psyched for the second because I can no longer play the first installment since upgrading to a new computer with Windows 8 (I get an access violation on that one now). Unfortunately, the game developers must not have updated the platforms for this game as it will not open. Access Violation. I have Windows 8. Since upgrading to Windows 8, neither one of the Hero of the Kingdom games work for me on any machine using Windows 8. That means I also lost the first edition, which I loved. I can only get it to open on my old machine running Windows XP. I think these games are not developed for the newer OS.

Such a disappointment!

Jemby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Access Violation error - fix

[Post New]by Jemby on May 5, 15 9:15 AM
I also had Access Violation problems with both games. Found that by updating my graphics driver (AMD Radeon) it resolved the problem, and now I can play.

Go to: