kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Stuck in the beginning

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 16, 15 2:26 PM
I'm stuck. I need to get 25 bread for the troll but I have no more crabs or fish to sell in my inventory. And I only have 24 stars and need 25 to do the farmer (or whatever he is) quest. Cannot find any more crabs or barrels and do not have a fishing rod. HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Stuck in the beginning

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 16, 15 8:17 PM
You're pretty much out of luck. You should have a fishing rod by now so you can catch fish. You can buy one from the merchant lady in the village along with flies.

Have you solved the Miller's mystery, yet? Have you found mushrooms?

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 4:05:34 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 17, 15 11:15 AM
I did solve the miller's mystery and fed the troll but I still cannot find a fishing rod. is it in a barrel I haven't seen?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 17, 15 11:27 AM
You have to purchase the fishing rod from the merchant in the village, along with the flies for fishing.

In the beginning, did you do all the favors for Sevin and Buselin? Buselin would have taught you how to fish, thus allowing you to purchase the fishing rod.

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 11:29:19 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 17, 15 12:27 PM
Silly me - I didn't see that!
Thanks Hespera!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 17, 15 7:48 PM
No problem! There's so much going on in this game

Jip66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jip66 on Apr 29, 15 4:59 PM
Hespera wrote:No problem! There's so much going on in this game

Not really, it just takes a little imagination & for-thought, if you start from the beginning again, knowing that the Troll wants 25 Bread before he lets you pass, you need to refrain from eating too much Bread until you pay him off, there are plenty of Juicy Berry bushes around which is free Hearts. Even though you need to do the Crab & Fishing quests to gain more reputation Stars, refrain from collecting extra Crabs & Fish until you get somewhere where you can 'earn' more money, like the Mercenary Stronghold & West Forrest to turn Wood into Charcoal. Don't kill the Goblin as it uses 8 Hearts, give him 5 Fish, you have enough at that stage....belay that last remark, you can just eat 2 Fish twice, giving you 20 Hearts, minus 8 to kill Goblin, leaving you 12 Hearts extra plus 1 Fish....think I need to go to sleep.... lol

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 5:00:56 PM PST

Go to: