Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Travels of Marco Polo here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 17, 15 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 6:07:30 AM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Travels of Marco Polo here.

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 17, 15 6:08 AM
I really like this game. It's challenging to say the least. No hints unless you are in HOG mode. Once I got past the marble puzzle I knew I was going to be ok! lol
It's a point and click adventure with hogs. No hand holding. Takes patience.
Really enjoying it as I say through grinding teeth hahaha.
I bought it.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Mar 17, 15 6:08 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Travels of Marco Polo here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Travels of Marco Polo .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 17, 15 8:01 AM
I'm happy to see a point and click adventure game.

This is not a game you can rush through, it requires patience as items you need are small and you have to look for them as they are scattered about. So far I have not encountered any Hog lists of things Yay !. Some of the puzzles so far are a bit of a challenge but perseverance and tenacity wins.. I have been a fan of adventure/point and click games for a long time so this is a must buy for me.

Happy St. Pattys Day

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 10:11:59 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 17, 15 12:28 PM
oops

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 12:34:59 PM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 17, 15 12:30 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:A game for those of you who like a challenge and have good eyesight! I say that because some of the items we need are quite tiny. The cursor does change when you find an item, so slow down and scan all around! My cursor wasn't very responsive (inputting the profile was just tedious!) and there are no custom settings to change it.

It's slow to play because of the detail. It has lovely graphics, music, voice overs, etc. Marco Polo is a fascinating historical figure (and his tales of the Orient are a hoot!), but naturally some leeway is taken with the facts for the game, so don't base a report solely on game events!

One big negative, and it will definitely be a deal breaker for a lot of players, there is no hint button outside the HOS. With items so small and hard to find, this isn't acceptable. In fact, it isn't acceptable in any game! It may not be needed, but it had better be there just in

I just talked myself out of buying the game. I hate to fight a cursor, and I want the option of a hint "just in case."

There is a hint.

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 12:32:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 17, 15 8:37 PM
Game had promise, but the clunky control system made it a no for me.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 18, 15 12:42 AM
This is one of the most boring games I've ever tried to play. With no hints, it's hard to know where to go next. I don't have good eyesight, & I also don't intend to spend 10 or 15 min scrolling around a page to see where I go next. I definitely won't get this game! I like games that aren't frustrating, & this one definitely is that.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 18, 15 7:43 PM
Lovely artwork, but too frustrating and tedious to navigate and do things. One positive is that the Tasks basically contains the equivalent of a Strategy Guide, but the negative is that it's really tiny text.

No sale.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Mar 20, 15 12:44 AM
Very different than most games. Soothing music, beautiful scenes, young love, friendship, adventure and lots of challenging puzzles--what's not to like.
I've played it three times now and the only negative is that it is way too short.

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Mar 23, 15 7:24 PM
If you had a hard Monday at work and just want to relax this is NOT your game. Hint system is practically non-existent and one of my own personal tick-me-offers: It's not able to switch back to my desktop so I can check fb or email or even come to this forum looking for help without completely exiting the game. I bought it and I will get through it because I am enjoying the challenge, but I don't recommend it to any but a hardcore and VERY patient game junkie.

Frustration level: Red
Eyesight strain: Appointment with eye doctor tomorrow because I've gone blind
Personal enjoyment level: Bring it Bitchez!

))))))))))

schefnh
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by schefnh on Mar 27, 15 5:34 AM
I was totally lost in this game at first but once I got used to using the task information I really enjoyed the game. In addition the whole game was a lesson in history and geography. I just wished it had lasted much longer although it wasn't a short game as it was. Yes some of the items to be found were small and difficult to find but this just added to the enjoyment.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Apr 11, 15 2:55 PM
This is an excellent, interesting game. At times you will want to pull your hair out, but stick with it.

I'm sure we are all used to combining things from inventory by placing them into other items, but in this game, combining of items MUST take place in inventory. The Yurt's items are combined outside of inventory in a Mini-Game.

-------------------------------------------------------------
SPOILER ALERT
A prime example of the inventory combining is the creation of the spiced wine for the Monk. You must combine everything in inventory, before you can give the cup to the Monk.
--------------------------------------------------------

I hope we see more games like this. The way the game was setup, you didn't have to have "sneakers" to constantly search for items that you needed.

The Task Information is quite helpful in guiding you through the game. You still must find the items in order to complete the task, but they are there within the area. The best way is to run your mouse pointer all over the screen; the "hand" will identify items to be picked up.

Hope you enjoy this game as much as I did.

Edited on 04/11/2015 at 2:56:59 PM PST

Go to: