money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by butterbean1 on Jun 9, 09 8:39 AM
How on earth does anyone make enough money to upgrade their houses? I am on my second generation in all 3 families and I have never come close to haveing enough money. By the time my peeps are doing okay at their jobs they die, I have been trying to just save the money and not buy anything but the nessesities, but still the most I can save is a $1000.00 or so. I am only a day or 2 from haveing to start my 3rd generation, and then I will have to start all over in the careers. Anyone have any suggestions?

 
Blue_River
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by Blue_River on Jun 9, 09 8:43 AM
PM me and I will give you an answer. I know something you can do.

 
lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 9, 09 9:55 AM
I had a second generation that bought all the upgrades to the house. His parents had bought all the home improvements. I didn't use any cheats. JMHO, but where is the challenge to the game if you cheat to have more money?

With my first generation I picked professions that started out at either $90 or $105 per day. They may not make a lot of money at the Master Level, but they earn more money as they progress than someone who starts out making $60 or less. The second thing I did is I kept the family small to 4 kids or less so that Mom wouldn't lose all that time working.

My second generation I was able to right away upgrade the work area of the peep who inherited the house, which made him advance quicker in his career. I picked the Pesto Sauce Creator. He only made $15 a day to start, but he masters at $690. His wife was a Screenplay Writer and she started out making very little too, but she mastered at $510. I kept their family small too. Before she passed away I had all three work areas upgraded to Level 3.

Now I'm on the 3rd generation. All the home improvements are bought and all the work areas are upgraded. I had this generation go for the six kids, which they've done.

 
Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 9, 09 10:23 AM
Depending on which careers the first couple/first generation gets, I hustle them on their jobs. I start w/small upgrades first, e.g., bathroom and air purifier. I did learn to get the treadmill as well because that helps maintain health. I usually do the room upgrades in the second generation, again, depending on which careers the new generation gets...that determines which room gets upgraded first.

Virtual Families is a marathon, not a sprint.

ETA: I do this WITHOUT the cheat.... Although I do double-dip on collectibles when I can!

Edited on 06/09/2009 at 10:24:12 AM PST


 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by sumpthinspec02 on Jun 9, 09 10:44 AM
You have to train your peeps to work. Once you have them working most of the time the money will start to pile up even if they have kids. Most of my peeps have large families unless I get a couple that try to make a baby but come up empty....LOL.

Put your peeps at their work station and hit them with the green glove twice. If they tell you NO or try to leave then put them back at their work station. Watch them work and once they earn money hit them with the green glove twice again then put them back to work. If they runaway and tell you that you are nagging put them back to work. Buy candy and fruit from the store and once they earn money put them back to work and give them one piece of candy or fruit or use the green glove twice. Watch them and let them earn money again. Use green glove or candy/fruit. Put them back to work and repeat. I usually make them work and earn money three times in a row before I let them leave.

If you spend a few minutes doing this just ONE time your peeps will be trained work a holics and will quickly progress in their careers and will make money fast. Most of my 2nd generation families have over $20,000 in the bank and have all career rooms upgraded to the 2nd level. Plus, I get the work trophies.

Also, I buy only the cheap groceries and home improvements until they have $5000.00 in the bank. Then I will splurge and buy some of the fun house upgrades.

Edited on 06/09/2009 at 10:48:28 AM PST


 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by aeg2269 on Jun 9, 09 11:06 AM
I have the same problem..

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by butterbean1 on Jun 9, 09 12:01 PM
I guess my peeps are lazy! And I only get to check on them a few times a day for a short period of time since I have a real life 20 month old running around the house leaving real wrappers, socks, a dirt smudges around for me to clean up. I will have to try to make them work more, but by the time I make sure they all are fed my time is up. I don't want to cheat, so I guess I will have to wait for 10 generations or so to get all the upgrades.

 
Blue_River
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by Blue_River on Jun 9, 09 12:06 PM
This is all very true don't get me wrong. But working your peeps too much or way too much can be just as unhealthy as not feeding them or leaving them sick.

 
Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 9, 09 12:13 PM
Blue_River wrote: This is all very true don't get me wrong. But working your peeps too much or way too much can be just as unhealthy as not feeding them or leaving them sick.


You don't have to overwork them. There are plenty of things to do to balance them out between work and play.

And career choice is a big deal. For fast money, pick a career that starts out making a lot of money (there's at least one Big Fish thread that has the list of professions and salaries).

Also, I don't buy the clothes, and I catch the food on sale. The money has to be wisely spent.

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by sumpthinspec02 on Jun 9, 09 1:56 PM
Blue_River wrote: This is all very true don't get me wrong. But working your peeps too much or way too much can be just as unhealthy as not feeding them or leaving them sick.


Like another poster said there are other things you can do to balance out the work. But it's important to me that peeps go to work on their own and that they work when I am not playing. Training them the way I do they work on their own even the peeps that started out lazy. Once I train them they go to work on their own and they go often.

I also make sure my peeps eat, watch movies/tv, relax in the hammock, do housework, take a nap, etc.

Almost all my peeps live til over 60 and many live to be 65. I have families where the husband and wife mastered their career, had 6 kids, and lived to be over 60.

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by sumpthinspec02 on Jun 9, 09 1:59 PM
butterbean1 wrote:I guess my peeps are lazy! And I only get to check on them a few times a day for a short period of time since I have a real life 20 month old running around the house leaving real wrappers, socks, a dirt smudges around for me to clean up. I will have to try to make them work more, but by the time I make sure they all are fed my time is up. I don't want to cheat, so I guess I will have to wait for 10 generations or so to get all the upgrades.


It doesn't take long to train your peeps. Just green glove them for doing the things you want them to do. Also, peeps will eat when you are not playing the game. So you don't necessarily have to sit thru them preparing a meal and sitting down to a meal.

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Jun 9, 09 9:04 PM
Im nearing the end of my 2nd generation and have gotten all of the 2nd level career room upgrades. I didnt think it would ever happen. Maybe its because I played it so much it got to where it seemed like nothing was happening. One day I got busy in real life and didnt check on them at all. Once I went back the next day they had over $9000 in the bank. Not sure how they did that but it was enough to finish those level 2s, but now the hard part... those $15000 level 3s. Seems almost impossible.

 
pompeymum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by pompeymum on Jun 10, 09 12:41 PM

Can i have your cheat please i need money.

 
xxxHazeyxxx
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by xxxHazeyxxx on Jun 10, 09 3:19 PM
sumpthinspec02 wrote:You have to train your peeps to work. Once you have them working most of the time the money will start to pile up even if they have kids. Most of my peeps have large families unless I get a couple that try to make a baby but come up empty....LOL.

Put your peeps at their work station and hit them with the green glove twice. If they tell you NO or try to leave then put them back at their work station. Watch them work and once they earn money hit them with the green glove twice again then put them back to work. If they runaway and tell you that you are nagging put them back to work. Buy candy and fruit from the store and once they earn money put them back to work and give them one piece of candy or fruit or use the green glove twice. Watch them and let them earn money again. Use green glove or candy/fruit. Put them back to work and repeat. I usually make them work and earn money three times in a row before I let them leave.

If you spend a few minutes doing this just ONE time your peeps will be trained work a holics and will quickly progress in their careers and will make money fast. Most of my 2nd generation families have over $20,000 in the bank and have all career rooms upgraded to the 2nd level. Plus, I get the work trophies.

Also, I buy only the cheap groceries and home improvements until they have $5000.00 in the bank. Then I will splurge and buy some of the fun house upgrades.



Thank you! for the info it totally worked and now my peep is a workaholic lol!

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by sumpthinspec02 on Jun 10, 09 3:30 PM
xxxHazeyxxx wrote:
sumpthinspec02 wrote:You have to train your peeps to work. Once you have them working most of the time the money will start to pile up even if they have kids. Most of my peeps have large families unless I get a couple that try to make a baby but come up empty....LOL.

Put your peeps at their work station and hit them with the green glove twice. If they tell you NO or try to leave then put them back at their work station. Watch them work and once they earn money hit them with the green glove twice again then put them back to work. If they runaway and tell you that you are nagging put them back to work. Buy candy and fruit from the store and once they earn money put them back to work and give them one piece of candy or fruit or use the green glove twice. Watch them and let them earn money again. Use green glove or candy/fruit. Put them back to work and repeat. I usually make them work and earn money three times in a row before I let them leave.

If you spend a few minutes doing this just ONE time your peeps will be trained work a holics and will quickly progress in their careers and will make money fast. Most of my 2nd generation families have over $20,000 in the bank and have all career rooms upgraded to the 2nd level. Plus, I get the work trophies.

Also, I buy only the cheap groceries and home improvements until they have $5000.00 in the bank. Then I will splurge and buy some of the fun house upgrades.



Thank you! for the info it totally worked and now my peep is a workaholic lol!


Your welcome...glad I could help!

 

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by susan212 on Jun 10, 09 9:33 PM
i need to upgrade my house!!!

 
jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jun 11, 09 6:12 AM
I'm on a 4th generation family that has all the upgrades but the pinball machine. I'll get that later just to get the trophy but like some of the others, I always pick someone with a very high salary at the master level. I also keep the kids picking up collectibles and buy all food on sale. They now have almost $60,000 in the bank and I will probably have to start my 5th generation today and Sandriana was 64 when I shut down the game last night. Also, a little boy showed up at her door when she was 61. Marc had just died and so I adopted him so she would have someone to do all the running around. She never removes the food from the table after a meal so Brance just goes and sits down for a meal whenever he is hungry. It all disappears when I shut down the game.

Anyway, they have the most money of all. I've had to constantly move her to something to relax as she is a definite workaholic. Marc died at level 7 in his career as he would rather watch TV, swim in the pool, etc.

My other families are not doing as well financially yet but are not as far along in generations as this one. This was my first family.


 
blondie63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by blondie63 on Jun 11, 09 10:12 AM
If I'm on 2nd or 3rd gen. and they work all the time and do not have kids, when they die do you have the chance to go back to the family tree and select brother or sister from gen. before? Or does the game end for the whole family?

 
lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 11, 09 10:13 AM
blondie63 wrote:If I'm on 2nd or 3rd gen. and they work all the time and do not have kids, when they die do you have the chance to go back to the family tree and select brother or sister from gen. before? Or does the game end for the whole family?


if they die without children your game will end.

 
blondie63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:money to upgrade house??????

[Post New]by blondie63 on Jun 11, 09 10:20 AM
lorie56 wrote:
blondie63 wrote:If I'm on 2nd or 3rd gen. and they work all the time and do not have kids, when they die do you have the chance to go back to the family tree and select brother or sister from gen. before? Or does the game end for the whole family?


if they die without children your game will end.



Thank you so much. I'm glad I ask before I tried.

 
 
 
 
Go to: