ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Detective Quests

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 17, 15 7:45 PM
I've had quite a few quests for people but haven't had one that was a detective quest (the ones with the hat). Has anyone started on any of those quests? If so, what story is it for?

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Detective Quests

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 17, 15 8:13 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I've had quite a few quests for people but haven't had one that was a detective quest (the ones with the hat). Has anyone started on any of those quests? If so, what story is it for?

I haven't got one either, I'm only getting timed quests now. Nothing to send to the lab or complete a collection. Maybe feeding the dog for seven days will open something new. If not, we'll have to wait for the next update...

Edited on 03/17/2015 at 8:14:17 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Detective Quests

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 17, 15 8:26 PM
Same here. But I've only done about 8 or 9 quests. The update says 50 quests, so I'm trying to do only a few per day. The last update also only had 50 quests and I was done in a few hours and waiting weeks for the next update. This time... I'm just going to go as slow as I can. I'll probably still be done with this update before the next is released.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 17, 15 8:57 PM
I was going to take it slow, but I figured it would take longer because there are new HOs. I didn't notice reaching the end of this update.
And no new "hat"quests also means no new interview questions, so I'm back to doing the timed quests again and again

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 17, 15 9:03 PM
Have you sent stuff to the lab? I'm on my 2nd item.. 1st was a bloody envelope and now a pair of boots.

So, you've finished all the content?

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 17, 15 9:15 PM
Yes, everything, except for the elongated carousel of timed quests. This is what happens if you have a well stocked inventory.
Can't open the merchanr's tent yet and have no idea how to do it.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 15 9:01 AM
Arminius77 wrote:Yes, everything, except for the elongated carousel of timed quests. This is what happens if you have a well stocked inventory.
Can't open the merchanr's tent yet and have no idea how to do it.

How did you get through the quests that send you to the lab. Those take 3 hours each.. I'm on the 3rd/4th trip there. Did you pay to get them done faster?

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 18, 15 10:57 AM
I have had the detective quests, but unfortunately didn't keep track of them. Just got another one, though, and this is what Dupin says "That was quite a nasty find for the cafe owner, eh? But it gets even stranger...The hand was preserved in alcohol for quite some time. And did you notice the anchor tatoo on the skin? It seems a visit to the port is in order." This quest is for a One-Handed Sailor.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 18, 15 11:10 AM
Here's the next one from Dupin: "Mary Jane's friend has been in trouble with the police in the past. He was harassing some tipsy citizens near Rue de La Reynie St. You'll probably want to find out more." Quest is to find the Boy's Body.

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Mar 18, 15 11:26 AM
Here is what I know. Feeding the dog for seven days in a row will give you the handle to the door to allow you in the house by the dog house. I am at 100% achievement in the top pull down menu. So the next story to play is The Black Cat.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 18, 15 12:17 PM
nautilis123 wrote:Here is what I know. Feeding the dog for seven days in a row will give you the handle to the door to allow you in the house by the dog house. I am at 100% achievement in the top pull down menu. So the next story to play is The Black Cat.

Very cool ! Thanks for the info. Sure gives an incentive to feed the dog. I'm only on Day 2.

Now how did you manage to feed all seven days so quickly since the update came out only a few days ago?

Edited on 03/18/2015 at 12:18:37 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 15 12:42 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Here's the next one from Dupin: "Mary Jane's friend has been in trouble with the police in the past. He was harassing some tipsy citizens near Rue de La Reynie St. You'll probably want to find out more." Quest is to find the Boy's Body.

When you complete these what bar is increasing on your story tab? Is it the black cat?

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 18, 15 2:12 PM
ChestnutHeights, all my tabs are still at zero except for Rue Morgue. I have no idea what crime I'm solving. Weird, isn't it.

Another thing that's a little strange, one of Dupin's quests for the Gold Knuckle-duster said in part "The port needs to be searched again for the murder weapon"...but the find sent me to Rue de La Reynie St.

A quest from Isidore Musee says "Detective, the secret service is impressed with your abilities--we'd like your help in examining the windmill where the butler seems to have visited." You would think you'd go to the windmill, but the find button took me to the hotel.

I think there may be glitches in this update.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 18, 15 2:30 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:How did you get through the quests that send you to the lab. Those take 3 hours each.. I'm on the 3rd/4th trip there. Did you pay to get them done faster?

I paid for the last ones, because I thought they were blocking the quests for the black cat. I was wrong, If that quest would have said "coming soon", I wouldn't have done it.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 15 3:44 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:ChestnutHeights, all my tabs are still at zero except for Rue Morgue. I have no idea what crime I'm solving. Weird, isn't it.

Another thing that's a little strange, one of Dupin's quests for the Gold Knuckle-duster said in part "The port needs to be searched again for the murder weapon"...but the find sent me to Rue de La Reynie St.

A quest from Isidore Musee says "Detective, the secret service is impressed with your abilities--we'd like your help in examining the windmill where the butler seems to have visited." You would think you'd go to the windmill, but the find button took me to the hotel.

I think there may be glitches in this update.

We must be working at the same pace. I've had those too and thought they were odd. I don't think these are the "real" case quests.. none of mine have that detective hat. Not sure what part they belong too.. it is odd.

I too am at 100% for Rue Morgue and nothing on the rest.

Edited on 03/18/2015 at 3:45:59 PM PST

[Post New]by digitalgames on May 12, 15 4:35 PM
How do I get to the next story, Black Cat? In that case any of the other stories.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on May 12, 15 7:25 PM
Ok folks, grannie is flummoxed. I'm on level 76 & have completed all of the scenes & did the newspaper thing a zillion times & am at 100% finished with the first story. The Black Cat is next but has not opened for me to play. What do I do to open it up as it seems others have progressed but I have not figured out how to do it?

Any guidance would sure help as I have played "till the cows came home" & would like to move on.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on May 12, 15 7:54 PM
nontechiegrannie wrote:Ok folks, grannie is flummoxed. I'm on level 76 & have completed all of the scenes & did the newspaper thing a zillion times & am at 100% finished with the first story. The Black Cat is next but has not opened for me to play. What do I do to open it up as it seems others have progressed but I have not figured out how to do it?

Any guidance would sure help as I have played "till the cows came home" & would like to move on.

Noone has been able to progress to the Black Cat quests. We all had some random small quests for the last update but nothing for the main mystery.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on May 13, 15 9:47 AM
Thanks for your reply Chestnut Heights but I still don't understand why only some people got those expanded quests with the last update & not everyone. Am I being too paranoid or just not grasping the whole situation????

moontear
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by moontear on May 15, 15 4:46 AM
nontechiegrannie wrote:Thanks for your reply Chestnut Heights but I still don't understand why only some people got those expanded quests with the last update & not everyone. Am I being too paranoid or just not grasping the whole situation????
I was under the impression that everyone had the expanded quests talked about in this thread. I'm on level 29 and for some reason I'm getting those quests to find Mary Jane and already had some of the laboratory quests.

The new quests aren't part of the Black Cat story, just extra quests the developers put into their update the last time around, I'm guessing. We haven't had any new main story updates at all since March. So if you're done with Rue Morgue, you're waiting like everybody else for Black Cat.

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 9:02:37 AM PST

Go to: