Re:Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year - Released on August 15, 2008

[Post New]by tweety_22 on Aug 27, 08 8:53 PM
i love this game, but how can i unlock the other menu items? though the ingredients are given, i need the copy of the procedure? can anyone help me?

csurles
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by csurles on Sep 2, 08 2:55 PM
Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year is a nice improvement to the first. In this version you are competing against other chefs for the title of Chef of the Year. If you are into it, you can also change your chef's clothes. Still has the same concept as the first, search the scene for the ingredients and complete the menu before the judge gets upset and leaves. If you enjoyed the first one, you will like this one.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Sep 7, 08 10:56 AM
I found this version to be waaaaay easier than the first one. I won every level on the first try but for the very last challenge, which only took two tries. Still, I liked it a lot! Kind of nice that the ingredients weren't shuffled so much between games and that the recipes didn't take a thousand steps like in the first version. Faster cooking upgrades were nice as well.

Great game, though, challenging enough without hitting frustration level!!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 9, 10 3:07 AM
After buying the first Go-Go Gourmet game as a daily deal, I decided to demo this one.

It does have the advantage, in the demo at least, of not rearranging the food items so much, which changes the challenge of the gameplay. *Finding* the food items becomes much less of a challenge here, it seems. The food seems to be larger and easier to identify too.

I'm kinda feeling like I don't need this game in addition to the first one. It seems a bit redundant, or even a bit of a comedown, since so far, the scene changes from US to China weren't very radical. The original one had more change of atmosphere from one restaurant to the other, as far as I can tell from this demo.

There seems to be a bit of a story suggesting there might be sabotage going on.

I wouldn't mind seeing more forum reviews from folks who have bought this game and played thru it, in case there's aspects to this game that you just don't see in just an hour demo.

As it is, I won't likely buy it unless it becomes a daily deal.

Edited on 06/09/2010 at 3:18:17 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 9, 10 4:27 PM
and the vote from the niece after one round... "i don't like it. can we play something else?" she didn't like that you had to find the different ingredients and also prepare them... too much stuff always had to go in the chopper and it slowed ginger down... she didn't like the music and she thought ginger wasn't very fast [which i guess means i was playing too slow for her ]... she says:

Go to: