lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Mar 18, 15 8:05 AM
Having not played the first one, I'm completely lost. Either that, or everyone is smarter than me. I don't know how to work the barter system at shop. I have a fishing pole but don't know how to catch fish. Where can I find help? I tried to google it but not coming up with much.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 8:32 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think there is a walk through or strategy guide anywhere. And the bartering system can be confusing. I'll try to explain...

When you click on a merchant, that is SELLING items, you'll see this: (you have to use your imagination a bit LOL)

Total Money..........Total Money..........Total Money..........Total Money

Cost per Item.........Cost per Item........Cost per Item.........Cost per Item

Qty. Arrow..............Qty. Arrow............Qty. Arrow...............Qty. Arrow

Picture....................Picture..................Picture.....................Picture

# Purchase.............#Purchase............#Purchase...............#Purchase

Total Money - Your total cash
Cost per item - The unit price of each item shown. So if this Merchant is selling torches, shovels, picks and axes, each price would be shown
Qty. Arrow - Quantity Arrow. Click on this button to indicate the quantity of the item you wish to purchase.

If you want 4 torches, click on the arrow over the picture of the torch until the number under the picture becomes 4. The 'Total Money' at the top automatically changes to show the effect on your cash.

If you wish to make the purchase, you must click on the check mark at the bottom at the screen. If you don't want to make the purchase, or you want to change the quantity, click on the "X" and redo everything.

Merchants that are BUYING items, work the same way, except they have items they purchase pictured on top, and money on the bottom.

Let me know if this helps you. If not, I'll try another way.

Edited on 03/18/2015 at 7:11:03 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 8:36 AM
To catch fish, you must have a fishing pole, plus some dry flies (they are also purchased (or found in crates and barrels).

Once you have those two things and Buselin (on Castaway Beach) has taught you how to fish, you will notice yellow fishing hooks in the water. Just click on the yellow fishing hook and Voila!...fish for dinner tonight!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 18, 15 10:19 AM
Hi lucyb24,

I came across this thread in the pond and see that there is some inquiry as to if a strategy guide and/or walkthrough is available for this particular game. I definitely understand wanting to look into this.

At this time, there isn't any information as to if and when a strategy guide or walkthrough will be available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

It looks like Hespera was able to give great hints in regards to this game. Thanks Hespera!

I hope this helps!

In the meantime, feel free to post your questions in the Forums.

bfgBellerophon

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Mar 18, 15 1:54 PM
Thank you so much--this helps a lot.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 18, 15 2:03 PM
One tip this seems like a good place to share. It's the only way I'm affording to buy and hire as required:

Buy grain at the Farm, have the Miller make it into flour, have the baker (or their daughter) bake it into bread, and sell it to the Castle's kitchen. Repeat until you have MORE than enough coin, because you're inevitably going to have to repeat this click-thick strategy again. And again. And ...

Edited on 03/21/2015 at 10:25:20 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 30, 15 5:11 PM
Just FYI - I got inspired to write a walkthrough just for fun (I used to write walkthroughs for RPGs and point-and-click adventures for another site, which I really enjoyed, but now I'm not doing those anymore and I really miss it!). It'll be another day or two before I'm finished, though

[Post New]by elainebercaw on Mar 31, 15 3:41 PM
Severine Snape please let Us know when u get walk thro complete. Where is the ring the girl lost and the blacksmith's tools?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 31, 15 4:10 PM
elainebercaw wrote:Severine Snape please let Us know when u get walk thro complete. Where is the ring the girl lost and the blacksmith's tools?
Highlight below for the locations of the ring and tools:

The ring is in the grass to the right of the girl, in between her and the top lamp post.

One set of tools is in the Mercenary Stronghold, behind the big rock above the charcoaler's hut. The other one is by the lamppost near the top exit of the Slum.

I've almost finished the walkthrough!

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Is there a strategy guide somewhere?To Severine Snape

[Post New]by adinah on Apr 27, 15 12:37 PM
Please ... I am waiting anxiously. I finished the first game after a lot of dead ends etc, but I'm stuck on this one. It seems I'm not the only one. I've used your help before and it saved me tearing my hair out in frustration.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 27, 15 11:14 PM
Sorry, I started on the guide in a week when I had very little else on. Didn't manage to finish it that week so it's kinda been on the shelf since. I may yet finish it sometime but I don't know when

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Apr 28, 15 7:24 AM
I'd started on a walkthrough, but then left it when SeverineSnape said that they were almost finished.

I can continue working on it, but I would say that in the meantime, if you're stuck, just make a post and I'll sure someone will be able to help get you moving again

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 28, 15 9:00 PM
LOL - I started one also and then quit. I did get a couple of spreadsheets done. But now I'm working on a walk through for another game.

Edited on 04/28/2015 at 9:01:06 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 29, 15 2:37 AM
LOL so at some point someone may have a walkthrough. Sometime.

I just had a look at how far I'd gotten and I actually have all the quests written up, I just went a bit overboard with screenshots, and I'm only halfway with those.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 29, 15 12:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a big thanks to SeverineSnape for working on the walkthrough and being such a great presence in the Forums. Thank you SeverineSnape! You are greatly appreciated!

Thank you to everyone as well for your patience in regards to a walkthrough.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 29, 15 3:22 PM
No harm, no foul, Severine. None of us can do everything all the time or be everything to everybody all at once.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on May 3, 15 12:40 PM
I can wait also.....with a great deal of gratitude. I will wait until it is available because I do not have enough hair to keep tearing it out!!! This is more fun but a lot harder than the first game.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on May 3, 15 6:04 PM
Hi adinah

If you don't want to wait, you can read back thru the pages here in the forums and I think you'll find just about everything in the game asked and answered.

There are strategies here on making money, what to keep, what to sell, what stuff is used for, etc.

Just an idea, if you wanted to get started.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on May 4, 15 4:11 PM
I am still trying..but I can not remember all the hints for long enough to do more than a few actions. Then I have to exit, look up the answer and get back in.......which when you do it repeatedly, really spoils the flow and enjoyment of the game.

When guides were more readily available, I could print out what I needed and save a lot of time and frustration.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on May 5, 15 5:18 PM
Ahhh, I see your point and agree with you. That would be very frustrating.

Go to: