Forbidden Island & Armor

[Post New]by cybergrl on Mar 18, 15 10:10 AM
Where is the Forbidden Island? Is it linked to the Golden Armor? If so I can't trigger the use of the 4 stones and the Ruins. Please any help would be appreciated.

oronokat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Forbidden Island & Armor

[Post New]by oronokat on Mar 18, 15 11:27 AM
Was wondering myself where to find all four stones. I have three.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 11:39 AM
There is no Forbidden Island...only Forbidden Coast, which is under Mercenary Stronghold - and it is NOT linked to Golden Armor.

The Golden Armor, which is a separate achievement in the game, is linked to rune stones, triangle stones and round stones, which are then puzzled together on a different island.

If you pay attention while you are sailing about and talking to people on the islands, you will speak to someone who knows of the Golden Armor. That's the island where you will find the puzzle.

Look for a place to click which will ask for placement of the round and triangle stones.

oronokat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by oronokat on Mar 18, 15 11:56 AM
Thank you, still looking for the 2nd triangle stone. Appreciate knowing to keep talking to people about the armor. Thanks again.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 18, 15 3:21 PM
Oronokat: One on the land, the other in the sea ...

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 6:57 PM
Once you reach the island with the stones, the first person you probably spoke with would have mentioned the armor. He's the only one that does mention it. And it's just almost in passing. He would have also mentioned talking to the Chief.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 9:26 PM
I'm being careful just to give clues here, because I don't want to spoil things for everyone who reads these.

If you want out and out answers to some of these, please say so, and I can make sure I white out the answers as 'spoilers' so others can choose whether or not to read.

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Mar 19, 15 9:48 PM
I finished the game, but found only one stone and never found the armor nor the salamander islander's necklace. Can one go back and finish these missions after "The End" screen appears? If so, where are these stones and armor/ And where's the darned necklace? I clicked all over that island and couldn't find it. PM me if you don't want to post spoilers. I don't want to ruin anyone else's game either.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 20, 15 10:17 AM
Yes, you can go back after and complete anything you need to complete in the way of achievements.

With regard to the stones needed for the armor (Spoiler: highlight to read)

On Salamander Island, you obtain 4 stones: 2 round and 2 triangle. The 2 triangles are in the water in different places - and as usual, they are small. One of the round ones is in a cave (the one on Trecila, I think). The second round one, a native guard has. He will trade it for a cannonball. But prior to going to Salamander Island, you should also have 3 rune stones: red, blue and green. You get them in various caves using lock picks. There is, on the surface of Salamander, an area where you can see something that looks like old ruins. Put your cursor over that area and click. You should get information relative to a device that needs the stones. Once you place the stones, you go underground and find another apparatus where you place the runes. After correctly placing the runes, you get the golden armor.

As for the necklace (Spoiler: highlight to read) If memory serves, I believe it is also in the water.

Edited on 03/20/2015 at 9:46:35 PM PST

[Post New]by heritagesales on Mar 20, 15 12:13 PM
I have the round stone that you trade a cannon ball for but exactly where is the 2nd round stone? Can't find it in water at Salamander Island.

Edited on 03/20/2015 at 1:11:02 PM PST

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Mar 20, 15 12:49 PM
Thanks Hespera, you're a peach.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 20, 15 9:49 PM
heritagesales wrote:I have the round stone that you trade a cannon ball for but exactly where is the 2nd round stone? Can't find it in water at Salamander Island.

Spoiler (highlight to read): The other round stone is in a cave, I think on Trecila Island, but I really can't remember for sure, as I didn't mark it down. I thought it was a cannon ball when I first found it, then noticed sometime later in my inventory it was a stone.

LAndersen
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by LAndersen on Mar 25, 15 3:57 AM
I had now idea about any golden armour before checking achievements AFTER completing the game! Yes, I had wondered what the three rune stones I had found were for, but ...

It certainly improved my number of achievements, especially as (highlight to read) I found treasure and a final lock to pick in the process.

So thanks guys, I love these boards!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 25, 15 5:08 PM
LAndersen wrote:I had now idea about any golden armour before checking achievements AFTER completing the game! Yes, I had wondered what the three rune stones I had found were for, but ...

It certainly improved my number of achievements, especially as (highlight to read) I found treasure and a final lock to pick in the process.

So thanks guys, I love these boards!

Awww, shucks, LAnderson! I think I speak for all the folks here when I say, we're happy to help! We all started out not knowing something...

shadowind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shadowind on Mar 26, 15 7:06 AM
Hespera wrote:Once you reach the island with the stones, the first person you probably spoke with would have mentioned the armor. He's the only one that does mention it. And it's just almost in passing. He would have also mentioned talking to the Chief.

I have 3 stones and the 3 runes also have cannon ball but can't find a guard to get last round ball. Do I have a bug? or am I missing something?

Ty have completed the game now so fascinating and yet also frustrating at times

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 12:04:44 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 26, 15 8:50 AM
shadowind wrote:
Hespera wrote:Once you reach the island with the stones, the first person you probably spoke with would have mentioned the armor. He's the only one that does mention it. And it's just almost in passing. He would have also mentioned talking to the Chief.

I have 3 stones and the 3 runes also have cannon ball but can't find a guard to get last round ball. Do I have a bug? or am I missing something?

Hi shadowind

Take a look at this thread - it gives more description

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/387780.page

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 8:50:33 AM PST

txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by txmimi on Apr 17, 15 2:25 PM
I have the round and triangle stones for the armor, but can't click on the ruins of Salamander Village. I clicked on the ruins a long time ago and got the quest for the crown. What else do I do to get the armor?

Go to: