Incompatible version

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Mar 18, 15 1:34 PM
When I tried to login today, error, must leave game and update, but can't find the updated version...

Any clues where it might be?

Ben

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Incompatible version

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 18, 15 1:45 PM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for checking in!

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the concern and inconvenience this is causing. The game is in the process of being updated and a notification will appear in the Big Fish Games app just as soon as this process is complete.

We'll make an announcement in the Forums when we're back up and running.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by 1984nightmare on Mar 18, 15 1:48 PM
thank you very much, I ran into the same problem today.

[Post New]by Hilltown5string on Mar 18, 15 1:49 PM
Yes, I thank you also for the prompt reply.

Can't wait....

Ben

[Post New]by Tiger00Lilly on Mar 18, 15 2:16 PM
Thank you, I just had the same problem and am looking forward to playing it ASAP. I got addicted to this game last week and love it.

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Mar 18, 15 4:53 PM
yes I too have the same problem, but the update isn't here

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 18, 15 4:55 PM
The update still isn't showing for me (checking manually) Wonder how long the mod's stay on duty, must be getting close to closing time in Seattle..

Xystus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Xystus on Mar 18, 15 5:30 PM
Still no update as of 8:30 PM EST. Hope it'll show up soon!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 18, 15 5:34 PM
I think we need to start PM'ing the MOD"S...maybe they don't know....won't know if we don't tell them...

[Post New]by susanpeople on Mar 18, 15 5:38 PM
I still do not have an update either, what is taking so long

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Mar 18, 15 6:50 PM
Hello fellow players,

I tried this and I hope it works for you. I trashed game in my game manager and re installed it. The update then was in the manager and I was able to download it. I really hope this works for you as well. (doing it manually did not work for me either).

Happy gaming.
Mamacass14

[Post New]by SabineEden on Mar 19, 15 1:58 AM
Did you lose all of your progress when you trashed it, or is it saved on the server? I just became an addict of the game, too and don't want to lose what I've done already. I'm probably going to try your fix anyway, but figured I'd ask for the next poor player who has a problem.

Thanks for your help in either case.

[Post New]by angelbymoonlight on Mar 19, 15 2:31 AM
I have down the manual update process and it says one update available click to install selected updates yet when i click there are no updates to install.

10 minutes later repeated the manual update process and now saying no updates available

Edited on 03/19/2015 at 2:33:27 AM PST

M_T_Head
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by M_T_Head on Mar 19, 15 3:41 AM
SabineEden wrote:Did you lose all of your progress when you trashed it, or is it saved on the server? I just became an addict of the game, too and don't want to lose what I've done already. I'm probably going to try your fix anyway, but figured I'd ask for the next poor player who has a problem.

Thanks for your help in either case.

You should not lose your progress, SabineEden, as the files that contain your progress are in a different location on your hard drive from the program files themselves. When you uninstall the program file your user progress data files remain intact in your application data sub-directory. For most folks the path to this data would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\Computer Administrator Name\Application Data\Artogon

Please note that the Application Data folder is a hidden folder and you will need to go to the tools menu and select folder options. Then you would select the view tab and go down to advanced settings: and you will see Hidden files and folders. Select show hidden files and folders and you will then be able to see the Application Data folder in your Computer Administrator folder from which you can access the Artogon folder which contains your user settings and your game progress.

I'm always kind of paranoid so I back this file up to a flash drive periodically, but it really isn't necessary if you uninstall the program which resides in the Program Files sub-directory folder.

I had to do the uninstall/install thing as well to get the update this morning.

ruizlopez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ruizlopez on Mar 19, 15 5:46 AM
I have the same problem, when are you going to solve it?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 19, 15 7:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that some players aren't seeing the new update message on your device. If you are unable to see the critical update message in the Big Fish Games App (Game manager), it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the game. This will help ensure that you are on the correct version. If you are able to play and see the Ruby Dragon offer, the update has successfully been installed.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: