Fish!

[Post New]by terred on Mar 18, 15 4:36 PM
Oh, boy, I'm only at the beginning of the game and already a little stuck.

Essentially, my situation is this: I need to give Fisherman Buselin a sack of flour so that he'll teach me to fish AND/OR I need to use five fish to distract the goblin so that I can recover some of the grain for the miller. However, I only have four fish and no flour! I can't get more fish until I get more flour and I can't get more flour until I get more fish.

I've already restarted the game once after running into this same conundrum, and here I am again! Can anyone tell me how to solve this riddle?

Thanks!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Fish!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 18, 15 5:14 PM
Are you sure you have no Flour? I just went back and retried, and after the pirates had been and gone, I did have a sack--presumably from having done the errand at the Mill I was first assigned.

If I discover you're still stuck on this, I'll check again after I get back this evening ... but right now I gotta clean myself up for a D&D session.

Re:Fish!

[Post New]by terred on Mar 18, 15 5:28 PM
George, first, thanks for going back and retrying! I did have that sack of flour, but I sold it to the miller's daughter for bread... Do you think that's the only way to move forward? I could go back and restart a second time; I just hope that there was another way. I'm afraid of getting further into the game and having something like the happen again!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 18, 15 7:01 PM
Yes, you can't sell that bag of flour...you need it for Buselin so he can teach you to fish. That way, you can get the fish you need.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Fish!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 18, 15 10:13 PM
Yeah, the game doesn't stop you from doing that, but it certainly doesn't encourage it, either. I mean, you've got 2 loaves of bread to eat at the old man's house, plus an easy pick of juicy berries to eat at your campfire, so I don't suppose the designers expected you to be buying bread yet!

LATER: And I just noticed it's the baker's daughter. The baker him or herself is apparently offstage somewhere.

Edited on 03/21/2015 at 10:27:22 AM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 25, 15 5:02 AM
I never use fish to distract the goblin. I think it is much more fun to fight the little green guy.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 25, 15 8:27 AM
That's the spirit, cbellcrm! This is an adventure game, after all!

Sometimes, tho, it just depends what you do and what you find in what order. That's the fun part of these games.

When replaying, I always like to try things differently, just to see what happens.

Edited on 03/25/2015 at 8:27:54 AM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 25, 15 4:00 PM
The first play through I diverted the goblin with fish because I had no weapons.
But every time I went back to check the cave he would throw his arms up in hungry frustration. This made me feel guilty so I kilt him the next time to prevent him from suffering needlessly.
For all the softhearted people who dislike killing monsters maybe the creators will include some extra coding to tame or feed thieving murderous critters. I can see making pals with a goblin or walking my new pet giant spider down the beach...

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 25, 15 5:04 PM
memawclay2 wrote:The first play through I diverted the goblin with fish because I had no weapons.
But every time I went back to check the cave he would throw his arms up in hungry frustration. This made me feel guilty so I kilt him the next time to prevent him from suffering needlessly.
For all the softhearted people who dislike killing monsters maybe the creators will include some extra coding to tame or feed thieving murderous critters. I can see making pals with a goblin or walking my new pet giant spider down the beach...

Yippe kai yi yea, git along little spidy

Edited on 03/25/2015 at 5:05:46 PM PST

Jip66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jip66 on Apr 28, 15 11:55 AM
memawclay2 wrote:The first play through I diverted the goblin with fish because I had no weapons.

Bugger walking a pet giant spider, he would become my new form of transportation lol

Go to: