Hero of the kingdom II

[Post New]by steeverv73 on Mar 18, 15 4:40 PM
I've played this game 3 times now and all 3 times I could not help the woman whose husband went to the forbidden coast and never came home; she lives in the slum; and I have nearly gone blind looking for ANYTHING that could be a person in this area (the 2nd area where there is a grounded ship); does anyone have any help on this?? this the only quest I have been unable to complete; thanks!!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Hero of the kingdom II

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 18, 15 4:58 PM
As stated in another thread, you need to search the rocks above the beach for something, take it to the woman, then come back and find the guy in a non-visible position.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Hero of the kingdom II

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 18, 15 5:01 PM
Yes!
Click repeatedly in the grass above the cliff cave until you find an item that you must return to Alba? The go back and hopefully a magnifying glass will have appeared on the cliff face with further instructions.

lost husband

[Post New]by steeverv73 on Mar 18, 15 5:12 PM
yes, THANK YOU! found the object, took it to the wife and now I have a magnifiying glass to look more closely; thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!! this has been driving me crazy and preventing me from getting all 300 stars for satisfying all the quests!! love this game otherwise!

thanks again!

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Hero of the kingdom II -- General Stragety / Hints

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 18, 15 7:29 PM
1) Some things that need to be found are very tiny and hard to find. Patience is a virtue with finding them.

2) Use the Hint button (its the ? in the lower right corner) -- it will help you if you get stuck. It might not tell you where exactly something is but if you don't know what to do, it will give you some ideas. i.e. let you know you need to make xx gold, then when you have made those gold, use the hint again and it will tell you to go to xx scene.

3) Once you figure out where the most strength / health (the heart icon) can be gained use the map to go there to quickly rest. There are several that will provide 12 points for either 1 fish or 1 meat. Don't bother with the Inn that cost gold that is way to precious to waste there. The two places I used was in the Mercenary Stronghold camp and on the Island scene (that is the round island far lower left corner of the map).

4) Use the MAP! it makes getting around much much faster.

5) You can't get all 300 points of Fame / Reputation if you speak with the boy in the City Docks and give him money. Doing so will ultimately cost you 2 pts and that will make your max Fame / Reputation 298 -- and thereby not getting that award.

6) 3000 gold, the only way I think you can get this is just before you go back to the King after dealing with the Demon. Sell everything that you can. And I still don't know if that will work. I had about 1800 just before the King and assuming I was going to get some kind of award for dealing with the Demon.

[Post New]by Rgentry on Mar 18, 15 10:48 PM
I got everything but the last missing barrel or crate. I have to dig around the caves just to get the last 2 I did find. Frustration!!!

Edited on 03/18/2015 at 10:49:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Rubyflash61 on Mar 19, 15 9:13 AM
I found my last one in the Catacombs under a spider web. Couldn't see it, just kept clicking.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 19, 15 12:43 PM
To make 3K gold, you have to engage in trade. Each time you accumulate more money, you can buy higher quantities and make more per pass. Here's what's noted in the various money-making posts in this forum that are profitable and inexhaustible.

* Making gunpowder at the alchemist's by the City Docks and selling it to the smugglers in the Basement of the house near the church (the Cemetery scene). You do have to go to 4 additional scenes for the materials--Empty barrels from the general store in the Square, Wood in the Western Forest, to make into charcoal by the Mercenary stockade, Manure from the Farm--plus the last costs labor so you have to replenish your s, which cuts into the profits.

* Making crab soup on Salamander Isle and selling it to the gourmet / gourmand in the Square near the Inn. You have to buy the Crabs at Trecila village, but you can get the Eggs and empty bowls on the Square. (Maybe the soup eater sends the bowls into the Inn for washing, and they sell them back to the store.) No s required.

* Buying Grain at the Farm, getting it milled it into Flour, having the the baker (or their daughter) bake it into Bread, and selling it to the Castle's kitchen on the Square. More monotonous clicking than the other two, but a simpler process and again no s required.

I believe that's the lot. Poison and Magic potions are money-losing when you have to buy ingredients.

EDIT: As riefer (perhaps among others) points out in a different thread, you don't have to buy Gunpowder in order to make a profit from buying Wood and selling Charcoal to the Blacksmith. Not much of a profit, but a lot simpler. And at least as boring as the Grain / Flour / Bread process.

Edited on 03/21/2015 at 10:27:49 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 19, 15 12:51 PM
Moving around with the map is indeed faster, but occasionally passing thru all the scenes lets me notice !s I might otherwise miss--and perhaps in at least one case, !s that wouldn't even be there otherwise. (Highlight multi-spoiler paragraph below.)

After you've repaired the bridge to the lighthouse outside the city walls, when you're in the Wizard's Tower scene there'll be a guy on the bridge with a ! who disappears before you can talk to him. Then it happens again next time you're there. The third time, he confesses a yen for adventuring and becomes your Friend. Now, you CAN end up with at least 1 more Friend than the game requires--I did!--so the result's not essential. And maybe it would happen when you're back and forth to the Wizard at his tower later.

But maybe not.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 19, 15 7:33 PM
@moonryu, I did talk to the boy at the docks and give him money, and I still ended up with a reputation of 305. There are more than 300 points available in the game.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 19, 15 7:35 PM
Also @moonryu, check out the Making Money thread to see how to make money. You can make infinite money in this game if you spend the time on it. I went over 3k several times, and at the end when I sold all my stuff I had over 6k.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 28, 15 4:41 AM
Rubyflash61 wrote:I found my last one in the Catacombs under a spider web. Couldn't see it, just kept clicking.
HA! After reading your post I went back there and clicked around the spider webs and that's where I found my last crate too! Thank you thank you thank you!

[Post New]by blondeatplay on May 31, 15 5:08 PM
How do you know when the game is won? I click on awards and they are all colored in and look like all are complete. I have over 3000 dollars and over 300 in fame. I can't figure out anything else I need to do. The Hint button left before I even found the golden armor or put in the circular and triangular stones. I can't figure out what else needs to be done. I have been to every area. I have no one left to talk too. I can't find anything that needs to be done. HELP, please!

Edited on 05/31/2015 at 5:09:18 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 1, 15 2:44 AM
The game officially ends when you defeat the demon in the Volcano and go back to the square to talk to the king. You should get a cut scene with some fireworks.

However, after that you can return to the game and do whatever you still want to do, like completing unfinished quests or getting your final trophies etc. You can continue doing that for as long as you want.

[Post New]by blondeatplay on Jun 1, 15 11:46 AM
Thank you Severine Snape, I nearly forgot that it did say I won. I just thought if I did everything else it would be the end or something. Guess I can tool around in there all I want? Cool.

[Post New]by sam121497 on Jul 30, 15 8:11 AM
How do I get 55 stars to enter the kingdom. No one needs my help in the game

[Post New]by staragree on Sep 20, 15 4:51 AM
Click on Anyone with an Exclamation Point. These will be the ones that need something.

Go to: