Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 19, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/19/2015 at 6:37:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 19, 15 6:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 19, 15 7:06 AM
I was pleasantly suprised as although I have demoed all the other Puppet Show games I have never purchased one until today as I was really hooked on it. It gave me the creeps and goose bumps!

We play as a reporter who is trying to find out what has happened to her friend, also a reporter, who has gone missing. Right at the beginning of the game we get to choose if we want to play as a male or female, and we get a choice of appearance from a selection of three pictures - nice touch devs.

Levels: Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom.

Length: 6 chapters plus the Bonus Game.

Map: It’s a jump map that clearly shows active areas. You have to find the map (two pieces only) very near the beginning of the game.

Inventory: Lockable.

HOS: They started with Put the Items back in the Scene, then Collect Items that Relate to each other and then Lists which are interactive.

Mini Games/Puzzles: I have not seen some of these before, they are varied and beautifully done and not too hard to complete so far.

Helper: A Puppet of course, who gets into small spaces or dark places to collect something for you.

Achievements: 15

Collectibles: Tokens dotted around in each scene and I believe there are 75 to collect.

Dolls House: 12 to collect throughout the game and we get the chance to improve them, probably using the tokens mentioned above.

Extras: Wallpapers, Concept Art, Screen Savers, Movies and Music. Also included are re-playable HOS and Mini Games.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Mar 19, 15 7:32 AM
I have not played this but it is a must buy for me, I am going on holiday on Saturday for a week, and I usually play games on Sat/Sun when OH is watching the footie so will look forward to playing this when I return.
Cant wait as I was under the impression they had finished making Puppetshow.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 19, 15 8:54 AM
Based on demo:

I'll get the SE (w/ a PCC). Though I truly miss the original creep factor, this one's a huge improvement since "Lightning Strikes" and clearly headed in a whole new direction.

HOPs are way too easy - find 4 of this/ that, find items related, put items back, etc. Collectibles aren't hidden = find them as part of other things to do. Using the tokens to upgrade dolls.....

The helper doll wasn't overused. Puzzles/ mini-games weren't challenging just entertaining w/ a diff. twist to the same 'ol stuff. Hint/ skip can be reduced to 5 secs. in custom mode......didn't use either one.

Graphics, details, VOs were good. Some crazy elements too - that hand puppet w/ cups was hilarious. Overall, the story flowed well, held my interest, all characters seem sinister enough. It's just that game play felt easy and predictable.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 19, 15 1:20 PM

Immortality Proves Hard To Pull Off

Setting: Your are a reporter. Fellow reporter and friend Enrique Torres disappeared in the town of Immortale outside Paris. Before disappearing, Enrique wrote to you for help. The town has a Theater of Emotions around which the mystery seems to revolve.

This is the seventh PuppetShow, and I own 5 of the first 6 so I like this series. Except for the sixth - Lightning Strikes - where I felt the play was childishly simple, these games have been well-designed but inevitably a little repetitive.

The drawing style and quality is typical of this series; a very colorful palette, with very few straight lines and the scenes have a storybook look and feel. You can choose to play either a male or female character, and then from 3 different appearances. Voices were mostly good, except if you choose the male. The voice acting for the male character is noticeably wooden and stiff.

You have a little doll helper. She is not named, but she has a comical appearance with a tall hat as large as her body and a squeaky, childlike voice.

There are 16 Hidden Object (HO) scenes. They vary in type from find x# of this, put back items, and basic list type with interaction. There are 21 mini games, they are very easy to complete and most players will not need to skip or look at the strategy guide. The mini-games are done in the same storybook style as the rest of the game.

There are 4 levels of difficulty with Custom where everything can be turned on or off. Hint and Skip are separately configurable from between 5 and 200 seconds refill each.

CE Extras: There are dolls to collect but they are not hidden, you pick them up as you play. Similarly, you collect tokens with which you are able to purchase upgrades for the dolls. As you might expect, neither of these features interested me. There are also 15 achievements, the strategy guide, bonus level and the pseudo stuff like wallpapers.

All in all, this is a slight improvement over the last installment, but the story is very simplistic and practically everything is revealed during the trial. If collecting dolls intrigues you and you haven't played any other games in this series, this could be for you. Otherwise, I think you will be better off with the SE where The Price of Immortality will be lower.

Edited on 03/19/2015 at 1:27:02 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 19, 15 1:59 PM
Hi all. Well, we have #7 in this series and yes, naturally when they run a special for a series, I already have them all. This one has the same graphics and game play as the other, which is very good. Colors are often faded, as they are in the other games as well, but everything is clear and easy to see. I had no problem with this game during the demo and it fit my large screen very nicely. I usually always turn down the music, but this one helped with the suspense and was a very nice change. Voice overs were very nice, age and gender appropriate, except for the little puppet helper you get to help get into dark, small and high places. Her voice was quite high pitched and very annoying. Fortunately she doesn't say much after the initial meeting. Sound FX are really nicely done and help with the "edge of your seat" feeling you get now and then.

HOPs are fun, a bit different, very well done and fairly clean. You have the "correctly place this item," and "find related items" so far. Items are not difficult to find, but they are not as easy to complete as you may think either. I really like the customizing feature, mostly because I think waiting more than 10 seconds for the hint and/or skip to refill is too long. So far, the puzzles seemed quite simple and nothing new. Hint is very helpful and has the transport ability included. This saves you a lot of time, but you really don't back track as much as in most games. SG only shows 2 chapters, but I seldom us them except to check the collectibls, so I didn't even open this one.

The only collectibles I found so far are dolls that go into a dollhouse. Along the way you collect doll coins and can "upgrade" the dolls from worn and ugly to quite pretty and fun. Sort of disappointed in this, as it's not much of a collectible. Maybe there is something else that I haven't seen yet.

I really enjoy this series, although I am getting a bit tired of the creepy puppets, and I really don't like those spider puppets at all. That being said, this is probably the best of the 7 so far. You are constantly on the move and there is a lot of interaction with the characters, which makes it more realistic. I wasn't happy when the demo ended, but it ended extremely well and definitely made me want more. Am I getting this one...absolutely. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Mar 20, 15 11:48 AM
I unfortunately have to disagree with a lot of you. I am more than fed-up to have little creature `` helping me `` I am not 5 years old and would like very much to play the game by myself.

Second I think we have seen more then enough of that Puppet Series ans it is time to end it all. Also collecting dolls and making them look better also brings me back to childhood and I can live without that , thank you very much.

In other words, this is a no buy for me not even using a coupon, but to each his own..

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Mar 20, 15 3:33 PM
I LOVED this game. I have all the others but was starting to tire of them especially Lost Town which I still haven't finished(may give it another try). Really enjoyed this and the bonus game when I eventually found it thanks to others in the forum. Got the CE with the sale although I fell lucky and got it a day late(again thanks to others in the forum).

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Mar 21, 15 11:20 PM
Thumbs Up to the Devs
I too own/have played each of the games in this Series,
and while some were more my cuppa tea than others...
I must say this was one of my Favs!
{Enjoyed the Main Game & the Bonus as well.}
Be sure to give it a try,
as I believe you will be pleasantly surprised by this latest offering.
=^,,^=
the kat
gma0trips

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Mar 23, 15 5:27 PM
the Puppet Show games are among my favorites, and I bought this one before even playing the demo. the game itself was high-quality in all areas: storyline, puzzles, HOs, and artwork and animation and music.

but one thing has just ruined it for me, and that's the bonus game: one misclick at a crucial point, and there is no going back and no finishing the game without creating a new player and starting all over from the beginning.

that's really inexcusable in a game series of this caliber.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 25, 15 11:59 PM
SO SURPRISED that I enjoyed this game because the previous ones did ABSOLUTELY nothing for me! I felt that THIS time the devs interjected a BIT of creep factor that I found lacking in the previous entries. Not a bunch, mind you, but some. LOL.

Getting it at a deep discount is what tipped the scales to "buy". If I had a say I'd say, "please, no helper aka game time-stretcher". The actions required were a bit "out there" at times but, hey, considering the subject matter I was ok with it.

Imagine my surprise when the game got BETTER after the demo! It was nice to have a choice of difficulty levels on some of the puzzles. The "helper" was not over-used. And, it ended up being quite lengthy.

For me, a solid 3-1/2 star effort.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 26, 15 8:34 AM
I am not a fan of ERS games and aside from a couple of the previous PuppetShow games, I've given this series a miss. But I must say I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the demo of this latest effort! Definitely going down a dark path and I found myself wanting to save these puppets from the creepy Doctor (or whatever he was).

Graphics as always are good, if a touch grainy here and there. Puzzles are do-able; I chose the hard option and was able to complete them. HOS are varied and not difficult.

There is a helper puppet (who reminded me of Bellatrix Lestrange) but you don't have to name her. You also collect other puppets and tokens which can be used to improve their appearance (should you so wish). Play is fully customisable.

I really enjoyed this demo and will definitely buy this game

No technical issues on a desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

ztank
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ztank on Mar 30, 15 5:22 PM
wyebank wrote:I LOVED this game. I have all the others but was starting to tire of them especially Lost Town which I still haven't finished(may give it another try). Really enjoyed this and the bonus game when I eventually found it thanks to others in the forum. Got the CE with the sale although I fell lucky and got it a day late(again thanks to others in the forum).

I cannot find the bonus game, or any forums that help with finding it. It's really annoying, since the bonus stuff is the only reason to buy a CE. Please help!

Thank you

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Apr 12, 15 12:47 PM
Too many unplayable and unlogical mingames again. Horribly designed. I had to skip 3 in a row, because the A) didn't make sense at all (You have to do something that the wasn't clear at all or Very frustrating, because of mingame mechanics, which made (many of) the minigames a chore to play. To bad, this could have been good. Story was good also the graphics, but let down, quite a lot by the frustrating minigames. 2/5.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 25, 15 1:42 PM
Don't usually buy this series, but got for SE price, so that was a good deal, because I thought it was a long game, at least for me anyway .

I did enjoy it, loved some parts, and others I got a little tired , because I had to find so many different objects, to complete one thing, you really work, back and forth, back and forth, even with the map, and that makes me lose interest, after a while .
Having said that, there were also some things, that I loved, like the bit of creep factor, the puppets, my helper ( l like odd looking )..and she really wasn't used that much, I am one of those who do like using a helper .
The puzzles were not my cup of tea, so I did skip quit a few, for me they felt more tedious, than fun, but JMO, and we all no opinions are like a_ _ holes, every body's got one ..lol...but I'm happy for those that enjoy them .
I did get all of my dolls upgraded, they were pretty to look at, but were not usable, for anything.
For what I paid, I got my money's worth, it wasn't a bad game, and we all like different things, so its is worth trying the demo, there are a lot of good things, going for it, and a few, not so much.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 26, 15 7:51 PM
One of the best of the Puppet Show Series. Advances in game technology has really brought this story to life with dazzling artwork and animations. I like choosing an avatar, I hope they do this again in the future. The music was good, but average and contains previous Puppet Show themes. The bonus game completes the story, I don't recommend fans of the series to buy the standard edition--the CE is worth the extra money.

Too expensive?!

[Post New]by Nanaa89 on Nov 5, 15 1:04 PM
Why is this game so expensive? I don't know if Appel Store takes a fee or something from you, but 6 chapters + Bonus game for that price is expensive? I'm from Sweden and I saw this game on your BigFish app for iPhones today and the game was on 40% sale. I was ready to pay for the game on Appel store when I saw the price, 40 SEK= 4,64 USD! (Swedish crowns). That was the "on sale"-price. I buy HO-games from your app all the time! When a new HO-game for iPhones comes out on your app, I buy it! This is the most expensive HO-game for iPhones I have seen so far from you app, escpecially when it is on sale! I buy from your app because of the Good prices you have on your HO-games, but if its gonna be like this then I can buy my HO-games on G5 Games instead, there are games with high quality for a higher price. I Love BigFish! But this is too expensive for the games you sell.

Go to: