Opinion of Game

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Opinion of Game

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jun 10, 09 1:03 PM
Has anyone played this or is playing this? What did/do you think? I am playing it now. I like it even though it is timed. It would be more fun if it had a relaxed mode, but it is still a good game.

dksg
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Opinion of Game

[Post New]by dksg on Jul 7, 09 7:01 AM
I just hauled my copy out after having completed "G.H.O.S.T Hunters: Phantom of Renaissance Faire," and I think I've been totally spoiled! When I first started casual gaming, I loved Hidden Object games. By that standard, Majesty Manor is very good. However, now I want the puzzles and mini-games in between levels, and feel kind of cheated and bored when I don't get them.

I'm soooo easily spoiled!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 7, 09 9:26 AM
Beautiful game with pretty good replay value. Enjoy!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Opinion of Game ~ Thumbs Down

[Post New]by katbear50 on Aug 22, 09 10:00 PM
I am very disappointed. I suppose if all you were interested in was a mindless HOG, then this would be your game.
Rooms and objects are repeated endlessly, and item locations aren't even changed in the few rooms. There's really no story/plot to make it interesting. It's dry, repetitive and boring. Unfortunately I was foolish enough to buy this one and the sequel G.H.O.S.T. Hunters: Phantom of the Renaissance Fair @ the same time, dumb move. Am just now loading the 2nd, hoping for more.....

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Sep 29, 09 10:38 AM
I hate that the hints are audio hints. I don't play with the sound on and I have to put in my earbuds to hear the clicks.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Sep 29, 09 10:42 AM
katbear50

I think you have a very pleasant surprise coming when you start playing G.H.O.S.T: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire.

[Post New]by methodistgirl on Oct 2, 09 1:25 PM
I love this game. I played the trial. I'm waiting until I can purchase it at the
store. The game is like a whodunnit story. The old flame is the guilty one
in this game. It's nothing like the show at all.
methodistgirl

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Nov 7, 09 6:14 PM
Is it always the same culprit or does it change each time you've played? I've completed the game once so I don't want to buy it if it's the same each time.

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by justnorma on Nov 7, 09 11:08 PM
The culprit does change each time. This game is sort of nostalgic for me. It's one of the first HOGs that I bought. I like the music, and if you play with the sound, the door squeaking scares me every time. LOL I guess I don't expect it when it happens.

This game doesn't have any mini games, but I like it when I just want to hunt objects.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 8, 09 7:04 AM
sometimes I just want an easy game and the challenge to myself is to complete each section in a minimal amount of time and to never use a hint. Ghost fills that bill quite nicely. It's a no brainer game, ideal for the days when I feel brainless!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 8, 09 7:30 AM
Nothing to complain about for $2.99. I was surprised when I demoed first that it had absolutely nothing to do with GHOST2 Renaisance Faire, which I bought months ago, That was more complex interaction and inventory but hard to find small parts of stuff. This early one is a nice simple uncomplicated HOG gameplay reminiscent of Huntsville or Prime Suspects without the crazy story. Graphics great, visible altho lots of objects, not much junkpile. Very bright and colorful. Don't buy timed games but I must be better at it by now, ample time and lots of time left each level so not stressful I remember having to replay some Huntsville and Prime Suspects levels as a beginner.

Hint system is ok, you get 3 each level then find batteries in each scene to keep it charged, holds maybe 6, but not using many. Have to swipe the hint wand over the screen til it starts to beep, but without audio the lights on it all light up red on target and you just click before it times out. Each scene gives you 2 freebie items to not find, unless you want to go on for bonus points and find them all. I'm not into scores.

I'm enjoying it, relaxing, easy on the eyes, not really keeping up with the blurbs on suspects each day (level). Maybe I'll flunk some exam at the end guessing whodunnit. Items stay same but list changes on replay.and rooms do repeat. Just something to play around with, glad I bought it.

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 7:38:00 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 8, 09 10:19 PM
I just finished this game. I admit that after doing alll the days I didn't expect another round of hunting, thought we just would have a list and pick one. It got a bit frenetic for me with the short timing where timer wasn't a problem on the full lists to find. And only one hint for survival in last seconds. I couldn't figure why on some I'd find one and get whisked to another scene. Hadn't noticed on the task it would say find 1 of 3, or 3 of 3 alternately. I could not relate any of the items to that particular suspect either, but didn't pay close attention to the writeups during the game nor remember them.

Some of the 3 items to find were items I never found before without a hint, or they weren't asked for before. So went for the easy 2 and hinted my way out LOL 3 for the price of 1.

The flashlight in the blacked out screens never are easy. Cuts off peripheral vision where I usually spot items by chance while I'm looking for something else.

Timers just rattle me.Like in the countdown rush I'm not seeing a kitten anywhere, the cat is a wrong click, then I look over and it says mitten, NOT kitten dummy!! So, I guess I still like the game but next time I play I'lll just quit at the end of hunting days. Not sure where one has to start over if timed out. I didn't, but enough excitement for this old lady for today.

Still a

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 14, 09 10:45 AM
This is an oldie! It is one of the first HOGs I ever played - 2 or 3 years ago. I bought it from MSN but lost it when my PC died. (They don't store your purchases like the Fish does.) It still plays well. Lots of objects in well lit rooms.

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Mar 28, 10 11:11 PM
This was also one of my "first" HOGs and have been addicted to them ever since. I did not enjoy G.H.O.S.T. 2 at the "Faire" as much as this one.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 9, 10 3:03 AM
I LOVE this game, it's like a an old time classic favorite! This is a straight forward, no frills HOG. Dont get me wrong, I love some of the new iHOGs, but sometimes I just want to simply play a good HOG. There are no minis on this one. You go to a scene, get your long list of items to find, none of this hand feed you 3 at a time stuff. It has great graphics, you can make out what each item is, there is just a lot of items to look at. I very much enjoyed that the items are well placed and cleverly hidden, what I think a good HOG should be! Im so tired of games where they make the challenge be tiny objects. This one the challenge is what it should be, in the search.

I prefer an untimed mode, this one is timed, but they give very ample time and several hints with a chance to gain another hint in every scene.

Yes you go back to some same scenes and some same objects, but I didnt feel it was overly repeated and I found it fun, like a bonus, when I remembered where something was or had seen it before the last time I visited that room.

Im off to buy this one right now!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 9, 10 3:43 AM
Nice to just play hidden object games. I get annoyed at some of the added stuff in newer games. Not sure if I'd buy it at the usual price, but for a daily deal it's a no-brainer.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 9, 10 6:39 AM
Wow what a challenge to look for these objects for me! Thanks for the Daily Special BFG! Bought it and now playing it!
Nana

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 9, 10 7:05 AM
This was a for-sure purchase for me today especially as a Daily Deal - can't go wrong at $2.99. Demo'd and after about 10 minutes I couldn't resist. Love it. Challenging but not hard, nicely done, plain ole HOG, relaxing pace for me, graphics are wonderful, hints if you need them.

Sometimes ya just gotta get away from all that thinkin' and get to just lookin'.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

EarBuds -- No Need

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 9, 10 2:54 PM
This is to Terri218

Good News! You don't need to have the sound; I just trialed played this game and bought it (at the $2.99 price) and wasn't sure if I was going to buy it because at first I couldn't figure out how to use the hint button.

Being a hard-of-hearing person, I tend to use my eyes more than my ears (and I'm a waitress, go figure ) and anyway, as I watched the hint button move around the room, I realized that the RED buttons light up the closer you got to the searched-for item and if you point at it, ALL the RED buttons light up and then you can click on the item.

Hope I've been of some assistance.

MEnr56

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 2:55:31 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 9, 10 3:25 PM
Don't normally buy if no relaxed mode available, but at DD price, couldn't resist.
Yes, it's a simple HOG, but as others have said, sometimes that's nice.
So far, time is ample and hope I don't run into problems later. But, so far
I've had over two hours of play. That's already worth the $2.99

So far, been a dry month for me on DD's and without a few of those, I can't
even think about filling a punch card. Hope I can pick up at least two more
DD's this month, then I can buy a couple of the goodies waiting on my
"wish" list.

Finally got around to finishing today. timer did become a problem for me later in the game when clearing list of suspects by searching in "flashlight" mode. Not at all my favorite way to search, but when time runs out in each scene, you get to start over with new items so I just sometimes rested my arm, let time run out and started over.
Still well worth the DD price and I'll probably replay sometime, but skip the flashlight section.

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 10:21:41 AM PST

Go to: