HELP PLEASE

kahlan1227
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by kahlan1227 on Aug 15, 08 8:29 PM
I downloaded, installed, and purchased Yard Sale Hidden Treasures Sunnyvale. I had been playing the game for a couple of days. Today i tried to start the game, and the screen flickers a few times, then the Big Fish "Thanks for Playing" window popped up with the only option to exit!! I have tried uninstalling and redownloading and reinstalling to no avail. any ideas would be welcome!!!
Thanks,
Manda

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:HELP PLEASE

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 15, 08 8:57 PM
kahlan, since you uninstalled and redownloaded and are still having issues, I think your only recourse is to contact Tech Support. There's a link on the bottom right of this page. Or, if you wait until Monday, you can contact them via the My Account by clicking on Live Chat with Tech Support. I'm so sorry you're having this problem. Good Luck
PS -- welcome to the forums.

[Post New]by puppyghans on Aug 15, 08 9:15 PM
I purchased this game 5 days ago and haven't had any trouble with it until tonight when I try to open it it will not open I have uninstalled and reinstalled it three(3) times and it still won't open. Any suggestions on what else I can do?

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Aug 15, 08 9:30 PM
I'm having the same problem with this game. It was just fine as of last night but tonight when I went in to play, it just went to the exit button on the big fish software. I too tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and it didn't help. I tried some of the other games I've purchased and they all work fine so this seems to be the only one that's the problem. I've already written to tech support and suggest everyone should do that as well so they know the issue is something on their end.

[Post New]by jimturner3519 on Aug 15, 08 10:01 PM
I'm having the same problem with this game to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 08/15/2008 at 10:03:12 PM PST

[Post New]by Tashasmam on Aug 15, 08 10:11 PM
boy as sorry as I am to hear everyone is having an issue with this game I am glad to find out it isn't just me!! I downloaded, played... activated played.. when I shut it down it refuses to restart in any way shape or for.... Tech support here I come!!!

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Aug 15, 08 10:24 PM
I just downloaded the trial version of this game and it won't open for me to play. It just coming back with the Thank you for playing and at least I still have 60 minutes. Am also glad to find out that it isn't just me.
Thank you.

[Post New]by rebel911wi on Aug 15, 08 10:37 PM
I'm having the same issue as khalan with Sunnyville... I go to play it but it keeps giving me a pop up window "Thanks for playing Sunnyville" I haven't played it but two days!!! I work hard for my money and I don't waste my money on entertainment! So what gives? It should NEVER act like this. Either fix the problem or I'm demanding my money back. This is unacceptable.

[Post New]by lesley1 on Aug 15, 08 10:48 PM
I'm having same problem and it is really annoying as I was so enjoying the game. All other games are fine.
When will it be fixed?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 15, 08 11:39 PM
Wow, this is a weird one. I purchased the game, played it through, enjoyed it and had no troubles. I just went to check now and yep, it won't load at all. I tried both from the BFG launcher and from the desktop icon. When loading from the icon I watched in Windows Task Manager and for half a second I saw two files load that were named Yardsale.exe but then they blipped away and just bfggamesevices.exe was listed but the launcher didn't come up or anything.

How odd that a game should work just fine for days then just stop...

Say... I just remembered something: about the same time my launcher suddenly re-ordered, as in put in a different listed order, all my games. Maybe a launcher patch happened and that somehow hosed Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville? WIld speculation here just something that came to mind. I already finished the game, so not gonna seek support, but will be interested in hearing what happens for y'all.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Aug 15, 08 11:45 PM
wow, I was so going to order this game tonight but I guess I'll wait and see if this issue gets resolved. Weird that it happened on the same day and looks like right around the same time. Maybe some glitch in the BF server?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Aug 16, 08 1:16 AM
At least for me, sillyfeet, not sure what day it happnened on as I finished the game a few days ago (it all blurs together when one is retired ) and I just checked on it having read these posts today. But if I were you yep, I'd wait and see if anyone posts about a resolution.

[Post New]by cwsweets on Aug 16, 08 4:37 AM
WOW...Sounds like we are all having the exact same problem, so I don't think it is us but something wrong with the game or with Big Fish. Have emailed tech support but have not heard anything yet. Running virus check right now to try to clear things out but I do not this problem with any other game. Fix this Big Fish...we don't pay for games not to have them work. What a pain....

[Post New]by stinger14 on Aug 16, 08 7:28 AM
you were right i changed my computer date back before the 15th the game works good and when i chage the computer date back to normal it will not work again!

[Post New]by pk280547 on Aug 16, 08 8:18 AM
The change of date worked for me, BUT IT IS NO SOLUTION!!! So, Big Fishes, deal with this very real and - obviously - very common problem...

[Post New]by lbranan on Aug 16, 08 8:25 AM
Well uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me but changing the date did.

That is very strange. I sure don't want to have to change the date every time I want to play.

Linda

[Post New]by duckylove on Aug 16, 08 8:49 AM
Yeah, it's not a real fix, but works for now.

Back to the Future!

[Post New]by Danielle123106 on Aug 16, 08 10:57 AM
so i just purchased the game today and i cant even get it to start do you think that setting my computer date back will work for me?

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Aug 16, 08 11:19 AM
Same here. I downloaded the trial, but it won't run.

[Post New]by CountryMom on Aug 16, 08 11:21 AM
I have just been in reading please help and found out that I am not the only person having trouble with Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville. There is a problem with the game and I am hoping BFG is going repair the problem or give credit's to all of us that can not play the game???? I understand that this may happen with a game but...this is the second time I purchased a game and could never play it, the first time was several years ago but what makes me mad is I paid the full price and NEVER got refunded. Please let us know what BFG is going to do about this.
Thank You

Edited on 08/16/2008 at 11:21:50 AM PST

Go to: