HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Friends?

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Mar 20, 15 5:31 PM
I need a friend, I only have 4 friends and I need 5 friends, won't anyone be my friend? Where can I find another one? Help please

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Friends?

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 20, 15 9:36 PM
Spoiler for friends - Highlight to read.

You find your first friend on Castaway Beach (the guy who isn't right in the head) he doesn't join you until you get him clothes-wait until you get to the town gate and you'll find some in a crate); your second friend is the young man on the farm after he comes home from his tryst discouraged - he joins you first; your third friend is one you meet after you drink all night in the square with the ex-pirate; the fourth one is on Forbidden Coast; and the fifth is in the slums on the lighthouse walkway - but you have to approach him 3 times before he'll talk to you. A sixth friend is the brother of the smuggler you save in the sewers.

Additionally, you will receive a Gold Leaf of Friendship from two other players, but they won't join you. (You need these tokens later in the game to make another item). The priest in the church will give you one when you help him defeat the Necromancer, and Earl, the young man who broke up with the young woman in the cemetery, gives you another when you return the engagement ring to him and talk to him about the relationship.

Edited to add, correct and separate information.

Edited on 04/01/2015 at 6:12:06 PM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 21, 15 12:23 PM
I don't know how this happened but my Hero ended up with 6 friends when after drinking the night away with the ex-pirate at the Inn, losing 1 star from illness, Hero noticed another man staring at him from the next table and was worried that he might get in trouble. Turned out that the man was enthralled by all the tall tales and wanted to join up for more adventures.

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Mar 22, 15 7:31 AM
Got it, thanks memawclay2 and Hespera. I thought it was weird when the guy on the bridge kept running away, I went back there again for something else and he finally decided to be my friend. This is fun!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 22, 15 8:05 PM
memawclay2 wrote:I don't know how this happened but my Hero ended up with 6 friends when after drinking the night away with the ex-pirate at the Inn, losing 1 star from illness, Hero noticed another man staring at him from the next table and was worried that he might get in trouble. Turned out that the man was enthralled by all the tall tales and wanted to join up for more adventures.

LOL - memaclay! I don't remember if that happened to me or not. I don't remember if I kept drinking with the guy or not. I played this when it first came out at the end of February and I made all my notes at that time. I was rushed because I was also playing in two competitions and helping people with Gardens Inc. 3.

I did get two spreadsheets made, but haven't done a second play thru or a personal walkthrough yet. I can't wait to play it again though, with all these insights.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 23, 15 2:29 AM
I replayed the game tonight, and you have to get that friend, I think, or else theres no way to hear about the guy at the dock to build your ship.

So there ya' go!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 23, 15 5:10 PM
Aha!, tyvm Hespera, now all the new players (and some old) won't need to stress out over acquiring the necessary 5 friends as shipmates since there is an extra one available.

[Post New]by elainebercaw on Mar 31, 15 6:53 PM
I got the guy from the inn still only have four have been everywhere but the croc and the big spider is one there?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 31, 15 8:04 PM
elainebercaw wrote:I got the guy from the inn still only have four have been everywhere but the croc and the big spider is one there?
Did you retrace all the steps Hespera described above? All five friends on the main land are described in that post.

[Post New]by TKeilah on Mar 31, 15 8:36 PM
I cannot get the 5th friend, the guy on the bridge in the slums. What is the secret to this? My bridge is repaired and the lighthouse is working also.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 31, 15 8:42 PM
You need to talk to him three times - the first two times he will disappear and you have to exit the map and come back. The third time he will join you.

[Post New]by TKeilah on Mar 31, 15 8:51 PM
the problem is that there is no man on this bridge. How do I make him appear for the first time?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 31, 15 9:24 PM
I just played this part again - he wasn't there after I finished the lighthouse, but when I built a few levels of the ship and talked to the King he was suddenly there.

ETA: In addition to the 5 friends Hespera listed there's one more (Highlight below): When you find and return Mark's brother from the sewers, he will join you.

Edited on 03/31/2015 at 10:32:09 PM PST

waxtadpole
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by waxtadpole on Apr 5, 15 4:35 PM
First time I played, I had no trouble acquiring the guy on Castaway Beach as the first friend to join me. This time, I have given him the Sun Potion and the clothing, but he will not join me. What did I do wrong?

Go to: