bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 10, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other AGON - The London Scene players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by lvandem on Jun 11, 09 6:23 AM
I need some instruction to play this game. Is there somewhere I can find them?

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by gnewburn on Jun 11, 09 6:25 AM
if you put AGON walkthrough in search there is a walkthrough by MaGtRo

baker3334
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by baker3334 on Jun 11, 09 8:05 AM
I downloaded the free 1 hour version and all I get is a map on the wall. What do I do with it and where do I go from there?

jacs678
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jacs678 on Jun 11, 09 8:26 AM
all i get is the map too fustrating grrrrrrr

katvala
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by katvala on Jun 11, 09 8:49 AM
I just get the map. IIsn't there a message?

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jun 11, 09 8:56 AM
You have to click and pan around to move. It's quite frustrating at first as I started the game three times because I kept getting stuck, not understanding how to navigate. Also, what is up with only getting the first "scene"?? I can't believe I paid for this when you only get through the first episode. I think that should have been detailed on the game download screen. Sheesh!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jun 11, 09 8:58 AM
If you click on "files" in the upper right corner, there is a file that tells you how to navigate the game. However, even with this, I haven't yet figured out how to get past the map.

[Post New]by Catootje on Jun 11, 09 9:42 AM
baker3334 wrote:I downloaded the free 1 hour version and all I get is a map on the wall. What do I do with it and where do I go from there?

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Jun 11, 09 9:44 AM
Well, I was curious as to the questions asked so I have downloaded the trial
this is not my favorite form of game play

there is an exit button on the left bottom corner and then you have to left click-hold the mouse to move the cursor around the scene, or if you are out of the close up, left click-hold to move away from the map --either by creating an arrow at the bottom of the screen or moving the cursor left or right - you have to go to the very edges of the screen which ever direction you want

hope that helps it is all in the left click-hold move cursor

if you do get as far as the door to the stairway -- do not try to get the key to turn just back away a bit and click on the door - the stairway will open for you, and that is as far as I have gone.

there is a walkthrough at gameboomers, this is the only way I have gotten as far as I have -- as I said was curious.

The graphics are wonderful.

Edited on 06/11/2009 at 9:56:45 AM PST

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jun 11, 09 10:54 AM
Hi Everyone;
Does anyone know the storyline? why isn't that given at the start? I don't know what the goal is?
Just curious

[Post New]by christine0653 on Jun 11, 09 11:44 AM
Why is there no story line or instructions to play? I got down the stairs but have no idea what to do next. All the doors are locked and no clue where to find a key. I am stuck.I will not pay for this game. I really don't like the format.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Jun 11, 09 12:33 PM
Hi Playful61 and christine0653 Welcome to the Forums!

the story line is discovered in the professors office when the player clicks on his desk and reads the newspaper and two letters on his desk. both the letter and the codex which was discovered will then be put into the F file.

this game is a true adventure file game in that player has to figure out what is going on, where to go and what to do- as the game was developed in 2004 probably cutting edge. The web site for the game is marvelous.

if you have gotten downstairs into the basement you have to talk to the warehouse guard -- and look at an inventory book on his desk -- he will also give you a key.

I cannot play these types of games without a walkthrough -- google gameboomers, click on Walkthroughs - at the site,click on A and in that column there are 3 walkthroughs for AGON (send me a message if you cannot find them, I will send you a link)

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by Dani24 on Jun 11, 09 12:53 PM
OK....found this at:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/agon/index.html

There IS 14 levels.

Press release 2008 Well HELLO this is 2009 what happened??

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

I do not like this game

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jun 11, 09 1:38 PM
Hello dear fishies, I do not like those mouse-holding, 360° looking-around games. Sorry for my bad English, Hihi. But I think what I mean. And the first point to me is: I am hard of hearing. And I do not understand the voices with slang and would like to see the messages/text the figueres speak!! So, sorry. This is not my game. For all other fishies: Happy gaming.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Jun 11, 09 1:45 PM
According to the strategy guide -- which can also be demoed, thank you BFG, the game ends in London. The first adventure in a 3 part series.

I played for an hour, I was at the storage room in the warehouse when I was booted. According to the guide and walkthroughs, there is not much left to do in the game.

Other gamers are right -- AGON-The London Scene is extremely short.

Must say I am disappointed that Agon-The London Scene was presented this way, specifically with no indication that this game is one in a series of three. The London Scene only begins "the epic mystery".

When will episode 2 and 3 arrive?

Perhaps it has taken 3 years to get the game to distributors to download, but the game is hard - I would have appreciated a warning from BFG as to the non-conclusion.

Many Thanks to the gamers with their input.

Edited on 06/11/2009 at 1:50:04 PM PST

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 11, 09 2:20 PM
I used the walkthrough from gameboomers and found it was the only way I could figure out this game. I was stuck on the map. I found it very cumbersome to use the left click-hold method to navigate. I certainly wouldn't buy this game without using the 1 hours trial first. I found the lengthy conversations boring.

[Post New]by fairiesgarden on Jun 11, 09 4:40 PM
[b]This is the worst game I have come accross. No info you spend soooooooooo much time trying to figure it out. Very frustrating and unstisfying all around.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jun 11, 09 4:53 PM
Well, after reading all this, I'm glad my puter hung up on the install. Looks like I only wasted 15 minutes instead of an hour! I'm puzzled as to why the game is so short when the download is so big!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

I do not like this game

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 11, 09 4:56 PM
uwflossi wrote:Hello dear fishies, I do not like those mouse-holding, 360° looking-around games. Sorry for my bad English, Hihi. But I think what I mean. And the first point to me is: I am hard of hearing. And I do not understand the voices with slang and would like to see the messages/text the figueres speak!! So, sorry. This is not my game. For all other fishies: Happy gaming.

I did find in the Options menu there is a way of selecting captions so you don't have to listen to the slang, at least. My problem would be with the moving around. For some reason there are places where I can move right very quickly but left only slowly. I also keep turning to look at the ceiling or the floor without meaning to . This is probably not a game for me either!

Go to: