sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Re:Welcome to Restaurant Rush forum

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Aug 16, 08 12:34 AM
Has anyone else had issues with the game freezing? I downloaded the trial last night and it played fine for about 45 minutes but then it all of a sudeen froze. I had to ctrl/alt/delete out of it and then restarted. After that it played fine but I only had 15 more minutes left in the trial. Someone suggested I re-download but my trial is expired so I would need to buy it at this point and I'm just not sure I want to buy a game not being sure it's going to work right. Too bad, too, because I would have liked to get this one.

[Post New]by momlovs2play on Aug 16, 08 4:59 AM
My game is not freezing, but now that I am on the last city, every time I go play a new song the program ends, and BFG says thanks for playing- like I ended the game, It worked great until now, maybe its my comp. Any ideas????
PS I love this one!!!!!!!!!!

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Aug 16, 08 6:20 AM
I played the demo without any problems, and really like this game. I'd like to buy it, but after reading your post momlovs2play, I'm a little hestitant. Have you contacted customer support about your problem? If so, would love to know what you find out.

And, welcome to the pond momlovs2play!

journey2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by journey2 on Aug 18, 08 6:21 AM
I too have had issues with game closing. seems to be related to "stoveway to heaven" song... However, this morning it closed while I was just matching....
Didn't say the thank you statement though. I have reported it.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Aug 18, 08 4:17 PM
I was really enjoying the demo of this game, but after several levels the game began freezing momentarily and then it would continue. But when this happens every half minute or so, it seriously affects the quick-click action of the game and, therefore it's not fun. Hope the problem gets fixed.

[Post New]by LawMama on Aug 18, 08 4:51 PM
I've had a problem just trying to get the game to play. However, my time for the trial is still ticking away. I got down to 33min left and still hadn't played the game. I have contacted customer support but have gotten no response, yet. I had planned to purchase the game, but I am waiting for the quirks to be worked out.

[Post New]by Lyssah on Aug 18, 08 7:43 PM
I too have been having issues with it quitting on me but no thank you for playing...lol....and i have bought the full version i hope they get it fixed soon very frustrating

journey2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by journey2 on Aug 21, 08 9:59 PM
I've been playing it a lot and there are quite a few bugs besides the ones that I see commented on.
I.E. Late in the game I decided on getting more deserts for French Restaurant... Says I bought them, however, they do not show up in the restaurant itself...
Also
It sometimes freezes during gameplay, in the beginning, when the soup is first "trained" I used it, (applied it to dish) then served dish... but the "bubble" that says to click it on here (dish) does not go away and game freezes...

I LOVE this game, please let me know when it is fixed.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 21, 08 11:15 PM
Hi Everyone! The developer of Restaurant Rush is working on a fix for the "Stoveway to Heaven" error. We should have a new version ready very soon. We apologize for the trouble. If you are experiencing frequent crashing with the game and you do not have "Stoveway to Heaven" song selected in the jukebox, we recommend contacting customer support and let them know that you are having trouble with the game. Be sure to inform them that it's not related to the "Stoveway to Heaven" bug. They will work with you to get it fixed. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

[Post New]by bouncyhouse on Aug 22, 08 1:18 PM
Phew! Burger Rush was my introduction to this whole genre of gaming. I'm glad they're going to fix it. Game's been fun. How will we find out when we can continue playing, I wonder?

zoe

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Aug 22, 08 2:43 PM
I posted a few days ago that I was unhappy with this game because of momentary freezing every 30 seconds or so. Well, I bought the game hoping for the best and now it's fine, at least on my computer. I really love the game and want to thank the creators for the additional features (since Burger Rush).

[Post New]by Stellavinney on Aug 23, 08 8:12 PM
I have a question...I'm trying to get the "expert" in the french rest. - I need 8500, and the closest I can get is 5900...any hints???
I gave up on not having any angry customers, but I can't get the expert points.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

[Post New]by Sassenache on Aug 27, 08 10:01 AM
I've a question...I'm in the next to last restaurant and the goal is $7000, its the chinese one...I can't seem to get enough orders, I keep missing by $2000 or more...I have I believe the most expensive recipe...any ideas? thanks I musta tried about 100 times lol

Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Christym on Aug 27, 08 10:30 AM
I gave up on not having any angry customers, but I can't get the expert points.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

The person that gets the most annoyed is usually the fourth person in line that you're not working one actively - they sit that whole time while you're getting the others (since you're trying to get everything to go at once so you can get those expert points...) and then are almost mad by the time you start working on them.
The biggest tip I found to not having angry customers is the first time you deliver something, do not collect one of the sets of money sitting on the counter. That way you only have three customers. I still have a hard time with it because I'll get going on the matching and miss that someone is getting low. I also purchase desserts very rarely and count on shakes to get me through.
I like the game a lot though. Two thumbs up from me.

[Post New]by Cerissa on Sep 10, 08 8:15 AM
Still having issues with the game freezing; so it isn't fixed

[Post New]by novelli on Oct 2, 08 10:46 AM
I bought six French recipes, but there are only three cheapest ones that i can use....soup and ice tea machine are upgraded to the highest level. all meat and vegetable are also upgraded to the highest level. but it is still hard to get even just the goal.........is there any tips??????
Please help.

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by erwin042 on Oct 8, 08 4:06 AM
novelli wrote:I bought six French recipes, but there are only three cheapest ones that i can use....soup and ice tea machine are upgraded to the highest level. all meat and vegetable are also upgraded to the highest level. but it is still hard to get even just the goal.........is there any tips??????
Please help.

Give desserts to customers when you may. Don't go for all combos. People get angry when their meal isn't ready.
What is the second goal ( amount of tea or soup, amount of meals, no desserts)? If it's hard to make it to the main goal and second goal, just don't go for that second goal.

MelStacey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MelStacey on Oct 20, 08 10:09 AM
Grrrr. I'm on the very last restaurant and I just can't get past it. My arm is killing me I have 3 tokens so earning more is not an option. I noticed that it said you can sell back recipes at a reduced rate. How do I do this and can I do this while on the last restaurant?

[Post New]by CanadianGirl83 on Feb 9, 09 2:39 AM
has anyone finished the game, it says you can have multiple endings - I am stuck on the lunar levels

[Post New]by celjst on Mar 3, 09 3:19 PM
I have finished the game in story mode with expert at all restaurants. I upgraded everything at the farmers market and the tea & soup prices then the frequency purchased most expensive recipes in all restaurants. A real challenge is the arcade version.

Go to: